Constellation Chamber
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions to Forum Members

+7
lilith
mi-cuit
Monty
Dr. ARM
PapiChuloLeon
MKing
11 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Questions to Forum Members  - Page 4 Empty Re: Questions to Forum Members

Post  PapiChuloLeon Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:18 am

Dinny wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Dinny wrote:If it helps, Papi dislikes me for the truckloads of money Korea gets from me mass buying their stationery and plastic crap. The very reason North Korea probably has money for nukes and military technology is probably because of the nonstop stream of money they get from... me.
How did you figure out that I don't like doreans? Questions to Forum Members  - Page 4 Icon_neutral

I'm remembering you said something to that effect on Meurglys' forum.
You're smarter than you look. Questions to Forum Members  - Page 4 Icon_surprised
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover

Back to top Go down

Post  StarFireSong Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:41 am

MKing wrote:lol
That would probably be my downfall, as well. Just like, Arikus, I also took advantage of learning funny/dirty things in spanish. "meet you" is that gesture when you flick your hand under your chin, like saying "F-U"? or is that a different type of SL? Questions to Forum Members  - Page 4 Icon_lol

That's everybody's favorite thing to learn. Questions to Forum Members  - Page 4 Icon_lol

That sign means "so what" in SL (just 1 flick of the hand though).

StarFireSong

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:51 pm

I had two courses in Spanish in high school but can't speak much now. I have a Cuban friend that is supposed to help me refresh but I never seem to make time.

PapiChuloLeon
Why do you have to have such a large pic in your signature? Is that you? I find it annoying (not that it's you, just that it is so large and scrolls across my screen so many times in every thread). I am usually on a 24" monitor so it's a fair size pic.

Title : Master of All
Taurus Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:57 pm

Guest wrote:I had two courses in Spanish in high school but can't speak much now. I have a Cuban friend that is supposed to help me refresh but I never seem to make time.

PapiChuloLeon
Why do you have to have such a large pic in your signature? Is that you? I find it annoying (not that it's you, just that it is so large and scrolls across my screen so many times in every thread). I am usually on a 24" monitor so it's a fair size pic.

Oh, I've been meaning to take care of that for some time. I don't want to remove it in it's entirety (I'm very concerned with deleting anything anyone posts here, as I find that to tread on freedom of expression), but I will resize it and crop it a little bit. It'll get done by the end of today, don't you worry. Thank you for reminding me: I had just grown accustomed to it.
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat

http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Monty Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:47 pm

Dinny wrote:
Guest wrote:I had two courses in Spanish in high school but can't speak much now. I have a Cuban friend that is supposed to help me refresh but I never seem to make time.

PapiChuloLeon

Oh, I've been meaning to take care of that for some time. I don't want to remove it in it's entirety (I'm very concerned with deleting anything anyone posts here, as I find that to tread on freedom of expression), but I will resize it and crop it a little bit. It'll get done by the end of today, don't you worry. Thank you for reminding me: I had just grown accustomed to it.

HUGE BUMP.
Monty
Monty

Leo Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:03 pm

Monty wrote:
Dinny wrote:

PapiChuloLeon

HUGE BUMP.

Ah, I'll do it right now, then. Laughing

Edit: Finally taken care of.
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:00 pm

Star

Did you see Jackie Evancho on America's Got Talent last week? I just finished watching it today, and..........she pretty much has this competition in a bag. I like the song she was singing "time to say goodbye", although, no one can sing it better than Andrea Bocelli. Shaking Head
MKing
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  StarFireSong Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:38 pm

MKing: Yes, I did. Smile I thought it was a nice version; a little too much for her light, delicate voice right now cuz she didn't quite pull it off. I have a few favorites (I've been rooting for Michael Grimm since I heard his audition), so I don't know who I'd want to win this season more. Laughing I hope both get into the final 3 though. I'm kinda hoping Jackie will sing "Nella Fantasia" sometime during the competition, cuz that's one of my favorites in her genre. Smile

I've never heard Andrea Bocelli sing "Time to Say Goodbye", so I can't comment on his version. I DO love both Sarah Brightman's & Katherine Jenkins's versions of the song. They're quite lovely. Very Happy

(Just tuned into tonight's show, & she sang "Pie Jesu" at the very end. OTHERWORLDLY performance! Brought me to tears.)

StarFireSong

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:13 pm

StarFireSong wrote:MKing: Yes, I did. Smile I thought it was a nice version; a little too much for her light, delicate voice right now cuz she didn't quite pull it off. I have a few favorites (I've been rooting for Michael Grimm since I heard his audition), so I don't know who I'd want to win this season more. Laughing I hope both get into the final 3 though. I'm kinda hoping Jackie will sing "Nella Fantasia" sometime during the competition, cuz that's one of my favorites in her genre. Smile

I've never heard Andrea Bocelli sing "Time to Say Goodbye", so I can't comment on his version. I DO love both Sarah Brightman's & Katherine Jenkins's versions of the song. They're quite lovely. Very Happy

(Just tuned into tonight's show, & she sang "Pie Jesu" at the very end. OTHERWORLDLY performance! Brought me to tears.)

For the first time, I've finally watched the show live (I kinda DVR EVERYTHING Laughing), It was a really tough show tonight, everybody was extremely good. My favorites are Michael the magician, since I am a kid at heart.......so I love magic, or anything related to that nature. Fighting Gravity are cool, I can see myself buying a ticket to their show, I also like Jackie, and Poppycock with his outlandish wardrobe and stage set-ups. I think Sharon hit the nail on the head about Jackie performance.....Heaven......Heavenly, its her competition to lose.

I've have never heard Nella Fantasia. That genre of music is not really my thing, however, there are a few songs I like and wouldn't mind adding to my Ipod (if not already on there)..........

MKing
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  StarFireSong Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:02 pm

MKing, I agree with Sharon's assessment, but I didn't want to use her word, lol. Wink I caught the ending of Prince Poppycock's act, & I'm sad to say that I really can't see what everyone else sees in him. (Yes, feel free to throw tomatoes at me, lol.) Magicians... They're okay. I like David Blaine & Criss Angel a lot, but not so much of the others. I think Fighting Gravity is a bit too gimmicky, which is perfect for Vegas, but I don't see them selling out arenas or something. (Sorry if I come across rude, lol.) But Michael Grimm... WOW. I love his sound! I'd definitely buy tickets to see both him & Jackie though. Very Happy

Lara's version of "Caruso" is STUNNING! I've only heard Josh Groban's version up until this point, lol. I've heard Andrea Bocelli singing different snippets of songs, but for some reason, his voice doesn't grab me like some other singers do. Go figure. Razz

"Nella Fantasia"... My favorite version at the moment is Celtic Woman's. Beautiful. Smile

Since we're on the topic, have you heard Katherine Jenkins's version of "I Will Always Love You" in Italian?

StarFireSong

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:50 am

Hahaha Prince Poppycock's act is not for everyone, He is the kind of performer were people will either love it, or hate it, but there will be no in-between /on the fence feelings when judging him. Magicians are amazing, especially the great ones......I hated how Howie was begging Micheal to reveal his secret trick to him...ugh...annoying.....just sit back, and enjoy the show like the rest of us. Criss Angel is pretty amazing, his show in Vegas (Believe) got some great reviews. I wouldn't mind going to see that, either. I didn't really pay any attention to Micheal Grimm, the two young boys, or Precious's mother.....It's hard to watch the singers on the show with the exception of the opera singers. It seem like to me the variety acts stand out a bit more.

I LOVE Lara's version of Caruso. She poured her heart out in that performance and that's something I look for in singers, a ballad has to feel real/honest/vulnerable, or I am not really going to be into it. Ray Charles is one of my favorite singers, and almost every song that he sung gets to me like no other artist.

I never heard of Katherine Jenkins......she's gorgeous.....and ......and she can sing on top of that LOL. Sarah Brightman, will always be the queen of that genre, IMO she could sing the phone book and make it sound good. As far as the Celtic Woman goes, I've heard maybe 2 or 3 songs, I like Someday (in fact, I think Jackie should try that song, it would be a risk), I can't remember what movie I heard that song from, tho.

Anyhow, this is one of my favorite Ray Charles songs, you can literally hear his soul coming through.

MKing
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  StarFireSong Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:48 pm

LOL, that's for sure! I'm still in the middle between the love/hate line, & only because I don't get his act. He's...okay, I guess? Lol. All the magicians look up to Houdini, y'know? (& rightly so; he was amazing when he was alive.) Howie did that?! OMG. Shocked It's like a cardinal rule that no magician (or the assistants) can reveal how they did a trick. I like watching both Criss's & David's specials when they air on A&E, especially when they're just walking around town & doing tricks right on the sidewalk. The reactions make me laugh until I cry sometimes. Very Happy

You're a Ray Charles boy? Ooh, I can totally see why. Very Happy He was a musical genius. Have you heard any of Al Jarreau's stuff? I was practically raised on his "Heaven and Earth" tape, lol! We played that one all the time in the car until we nearly wore it out.

LOL! Yes, she can SING! Very Happy I like Sarah Brightman's way of mixing different influences into her music ("Harem" is a good example) & making it sound so fantastic. She reminds me of a cat sometimes, though. In a good way, hahah. "Someday" is a good song, & I like how Chloe sounds in it. Smile I think it's from the "Hunchback of Notre Dame" soundtrack? Not sure; I'll have to find out, lol.

StarFireSong

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:06 pm

I am a Ray Charles boy LOL. Genius....pure Genius.

Al Jarreau, Huh? I remember him, that's old school, as well. Whatever happened to him?

I too, like Sarah Brightman, I believe she's known for being one of the few opera singers that crossed over to different genres, right? Something about her is very intriguing, and dark, and sexy, just all around mysterious.

There is a song that I have on a old CD of random songs, and I don't know who the artist is, or the title of the song......I am going to upload it soon (to your PM), I was wondering if you could help me out since you are a bit more familiar with Celtic Woman, and all those kind of artists.

We should probably take our conversation over to The Music Thread (if we have one).

MKing
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  Argent Fang Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:41 pm

I don't think we have one yet, so the duty falls upon you, my good man, to make it.

Staying with the theme of this thread, this question goes out to anyone who wants to answer.

Have you or have you ever considered trying a tabletop RPG? (Dungeons and Dragons, RIFTS, Champions, Pathfinder, World of Darkness, etc.)
Argent Fang
Argent Fang

Title : Fledgling Author/Bounty Hunter
Gemini Dog

http://www.argentfangs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  StarFireSong Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:55 pm

Not sure what happened to Al Jarreau. I just googled him & got his official website though. Seems he's still touring & recording & stuff. Smile

Unless I'm mistaken, I think you're right that Sarah led the pack with the crossover stuff. I agree. There's something so fascinating about her.

Sure! I'll keep an eye out for your PM & see if I can help you with that song. Very Happy

Argent: I haven't played any of the games you mentioned. The only remotely RP-ing game I've played is Fate, but it's a computer game, so... [/unhelpful answer Razz]

StarFireSong

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. ARM Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:01 pm

Argent Fang wrote:Have you or have you ever considered trying a tabletop RPG? (Dungeons and Dragons, RIFTS, Champions, Pathfinder, World of Darkness, etc.)

I tried getting into Dungeons and Dragons, but it was hard to be serious with only two people, consisting of my best friend at the time and myself. I would like to properly attend a session, though.

As for Champions, I'm trying out the demo for their MMORPG. It's pretty incredible save for the fact that they charge cash to buy new costume pieces on top of making you pay to play. Aside from that, I'm hesitant to leap in until I can be assured it'll either match or rise above City of Heroes, the last pay game of the same genre I really got into (Ironically, they're both made by Cryptic).
Dr. ARM
Dr. ARM
Admin

Title : Mad Scientist
Virgo Horse

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:41 pm

OK, I'll make it happen.

Ummmm I would love to play City of Heroes, or Champion, in fact, I am waiting for the new DC Universe game to come out.....I can't really get into RPG games, but that will be the first RPG game that I'll play (if its an actual RPG game). But no, I haven't play any of those games.

MKing
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:16 am

Argent Fang wrote:Staying with the theme of this thread, this question goes out to anyone who wants to answer.

Have you or have you ever considered trying a tabletop RPG? (Dungeons and Dragons, RIFTS, Champions, Pathfinder, World of Darkness, etc.)

I love the idea of one but have never played it. I was intensely interested in trying D&D for a long time but couldn't find anyone to teach me and step me through it. I recently got an invitation by a group to play Call of Cthulu, but it never happened.

I've played a pile of MMORPGs if they count (Ragnarok Online, Perfect World, the WoW free trial, Ultima Online, Guild Wars, Aion, Trickster Online, Runescape, etc etc). The only two MMORPGs I really, really loved were Ultima Online and Ragnarok. I don't play UO anymore because it's just dead and gone and never coming back, and Ragnarok private servers suck shit, so I'm not playing again until I can host my own server. I can't believe Ragnarok is eight years old now and I'm still as enamored with it now as I was six years ago.
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:57 pm

Anybody watching the VMA this sunday? I wonder if GAGA going to perform.

WHOA!!! the game is coming on soon (money on The Saints), Gotta Go.
MKing
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:52 pm

MKing wrote:Anybody watching the VMA this sunday? I wonder if GAGA going to perform.

WHOA!!! the game is coming on soon (money on The Saints), Gotta Go.

Shoulda won the VMAs. Laughing
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:52 pm

Laughing The Auto Tune is really getting out of hand

They also shoulda one the VMAs

BUT THIS ONE, SHOULD HAVE TOOK HOME THE BIG AWARD. Shaking Head
MKing
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:27 pm

Question for the boys:

I was looking up aphrodisiacs and apparently Lavender, Pumpkin Pie and Cinnamon are the biggest aphrodisiacs for men (even cheese pizza was on there, but I'm hardly surprised). What's your favorite scent (or none at all is okay, since I'm talking about perfume)?
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat

http://reactorfire.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Argent Fang Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:34 pm

lilith wrote:Question for the boys:

I was looking up aphrodisiacs and apparently Lavender, Pumpkin Pie and Cinnamon are the biggest aphrodisiacs for men (even cheese pizza was on there, but I'm hardly surprised). What's your favorite scent (or none at all is okay, since I'm talking about perfume)?

I'm not the best to answer this since my sense of smell is rubbish, but I love the smell of Vanilla Extract and Cinnamon; they're both very calm and inviting scents. Flowery scents can be nice, but I often find that they give me a headache because they use too much.
Argent Fang
Argent Fang

Title : Fledgling Author/Bounty Hunter
Gemini Dog

http://www.argentfangs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:02 pm

lilith wrote:Question for the boys:

Perfumes? I'm not a fan of too many...flowers make me think old lady as does anything too dainty. I actually prefer little or no perfume on a woman myself. I'm not much of a cologne wearer either although I have owned a number of different ones.

Title : Master of All
Taurus Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  mi-cuit Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:04 am

I love the smell of vetiver on myself (and everyone else really, at least hypothetically. I've never met anyone who wears a straight-up vetiver). Tuberose on the ladies. yum yum.
mi-cuit
mi-cuit

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next