Constellation Chamber
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 12 zodiac signs and the 12 Olympians

+4
mi-cuit
Dinny
PapiChuloLeon
MKing
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The 12 zodiac signs and the 12 Olympians Empty The 12 zodiac signs and the 12 Olympians

Post  MKing Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:32 pm

I always wondered if there were any connection between the two......

I am pretty sure that Zeus is connected with Jupiter/Sagittarius, and Aries is connected with Mars/Aries, But what about the others?........
MKing
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

The 12 zodiac signs and the 12 Olympians Empty Re: The 12 zodiac signs and the 12 Olympians

Post  PapiChuloLeon Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:12 pm

Hades is connected to Pluto/Scorpio. Cronus was his daddy.

That bitch Hades dragged to hell, who's name I don't remember, to force wed is associated with Virgo. Legend has it that after her mama found out her daughter was his bitch, the mother became depressed and made Autumn/Winter. That's how we have four seasons according to them. Not sure if she rules Virgo since I don't know if she was considered a goddess or not.

Apollo, Zeus' child, is connected with the Sun/Leo.

Poseidon runs Neptune/Pisces. Cronus was his daddy.

Aphrodite is connected to Venus/Taurus/Libra. She came into being after Cronus threw Uranus' dick into the ocean. Who do you consider as her TRUE child? I always went with the bovines since they are much better looking, beauty is a Venus thing.

Cronus is connected to Saturn/Capricorn. He was the father of Hades, Zeus, and Poseidon.

Uranus was the "God" of Heaven. You know who he rules. This is Cronus' father. Cronus' kids can call him granddaddy. Zeus' kids can call him great granddaddy.

Hermes is with Mercury/Gemini/Virgo. One of Zeus' children.

Artemis rolls with the Moon/Cancer. Zeus is her daddy.

Now what's interesting is that they consider Zeus as the KING of the "Gods", but he has rulership over sagittarius. That sign DOES NOT represent kings and monarchs. Why they would let Leo be ruled by a mere grandson...I won't ever know.

The story goes that Aphrodite was sucking Ares' dick one day in bed, but she was married. Some random "god" caught her, and reported the incident to her husband. He trapped the two, and invited all the other "gods" to come witness the lovers in attempt to embarrass them. The other "gods" claimed that if they were Ares, they would skull fuck that bitch, too. Hit it, quit it, and mind your own business. The 12 zodiac signs and the 12 Olympians Icon_pirat

They say the only two planets that oppose the Sun are Pluto and Uranus. Pluto spins in its own twisted orbit. Uranus' ring is tilted sideways like the crack between a set of AZZ cheeks.
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover

Back to top Go down

The 12 zodiac signs and the 12 Olympians Empty Re: The 12 zodiac signs and the 12 Olympians

Post  Dinny Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:46 am

Really good explanation above, really spot-on. The Virgo-associate (Haedes' wife) you're thinking of is Persephone.
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat

http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:59 am

Anyways, back to MKing. Since Ares and Aphrodite were fucking around too much, that's how the attraction between their signs came to be. Aries-Libra, opposite signs like each other. Aries-Taurus.
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:30 am

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Uranus was the "God" of Heaven. You know who he rules. This is Cronus' father. Cronus' kids can call him granddaddy. Zeus' kids can call him great granddaddy.

I have know idea why this is the most funniest part to me. Can you just picture the thousands of kids sitting at the dinner table saying "My granddaddy did this, and my granddaddy did that..." aware or unaware, that Cronus, Zeus, and Uranus all tried to kill one another sometime in life.

@Dinny: Umm......I am pretty sure it's not Persephone, it was defiantly..... Alison Lohman

I Forgot wrote:The Olympian gods ruled from a grand palace upon the highest mountain in
Greece, Mount Olympus. The gods were:

Zeus, Hera, Poseidon, Demeter, Ares, Athena, Apollo, Artemis,
Hephaestus, Aphrodite, Hermes, and Dionysus.
Hades (the Lord of the Dead and Supreme Ruler of the Underworld) was
not welcome on Mount Olympus, therefore he was not considered an
Olympian. Dionysus (the God of Merriment and Wine and Parties), was made an
Olympian God after Hestia (the Goddess of Hearth, Home, and Chastity),
abdicated her throne in order to keep the peace of a warring Mount
Olympus.

Zeus - Supreme ruler of the ancient Greek gods

Hera - The goddess of women, marriage, and childbirth; the wife and
sister of Zeus.

Poseidon - The god of the waters, earthquakes, and horses, and
brother of Zeus.

Demeter - The goddess of the harvest, daughter of Rhea and Cronus and
mother of Persephone.

Ares - The god of war.

Athena - The goddess of wisdom, the practical arts, and warfare, and
the protectress of cities, especially Athens.

Apollo - The Sun God of Greek mythology

Artemis - The virgin goddess of the hunt and the moon and twin sister
of Apollo.

Hephaestus - The Greek name of Vulcan, the Greek and Roman god of
fire and metalworking.

Aphrodite - The goddess of love and beauty. Also called Cytherea.

Hermes - The god of commerce, invention, cunning, and theft, who also
served as messenger, scribe, and herald for the other gods.

Dionysus - The god of wine and of an orgiastic religion celebrating
the power and fertility of nature. Also called Bacchus.

Hestia was an olympian but she gave her seat to Dionysus so she could
tend to the fire on mt olympias.

Nice work, Leon.

Okay, so far we have.....
Zeus/Jupiter/Sag
Ares/Mars/Aries
Hades/Pluto/Scorpio
Poseidon/Neptune/Pisces
Aphrodite/Venus/Taurus/Libra
Apollo/Sun/Leo
Hermes/Mercury/Gemini/Virgo
Artemis/Moon/Cancer

Titans:
Cronus/Saturn/Capricorn
Uranus/Uranus/Aquarius

Now that leaves us with the other Olympians; Hera, Demeter, Athena, Hephaestus, Hestia (originally), and Dionysus. Hmm...Maybe these Olympians have no affiliation with the zodiac signs.
MKing
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:07 am

MKing wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:

I have know idea why this is the most funniest part to me. Can you just picture the thousands of kids sitting at the dinner table saying "My granddaddy did this, and my granddaddy did that..." aware or unaware, that Cronus, Zeus, and Uranus all tried to kill one another sometime in life.

@Dinny: Umm......I am pretty sure it's not Persephone, it was defiantly..... Alison Lohman

I Forgot wrote:The Olympian gods ruled from a grand palace upon the highest mountain in
Greece, Mount Olympus. The gods were:

Zeus, Hera, Poseidon, Demeter, Ares, Athena, Apollo, Artemis,
Hephaestus, Aphrodite, Hermes, and Dionysus.
Hades (the Lord of the Dead and Supreme Ruler of the Underworld) was
not welcome on Mount Olympus, therefore he was not considered an
Olympian. Dionysus (the God of Merriment and Wine and Parties), was made an
Olympian God after Hestia (the Goddess of Hearth, Home, and Chastity),
abdicated her throne in order to keep the peace of a warring Mount
Olympus.

Zeus - Supreme ruler of the ancient Greek gods

Hera - The goddess of women, marriage, and childbirth; the wife and
sister of Zeus.

Poseidon - The god of the waters, earthquakes, and horses, and
brother of Zeus.

Demeter - The goddess of the harvest, daughter of Rhea and Cronus and
mother of Persephone.

Ares - The god of war.

Athena - The goddess of wisdom, the practical arts, and warfare, and
the protectress of cities, especially Athens.

Apollo - The Sun God of Greek mythology

Artemis - The virgin goddess of the hunt and the moon and twin sister
of Apollo.

Hephaestus - The Greek name of Vulcan, the Greek and Roman god of
fire and metalworking.

Aphrodite - The goddess of love and beauty. Also called Cytherea.

Hermes - The god of commerce, invention, cunning, and theft, who also
served as messenger, scribe, and herald for the other gods.

Dionysus - The god of wine and of an orgiastic religion celebrating
the power and fertility of nature. Also called Bacchus.

Hestia was an olympian but she gave her seat to Dionysus so she could
tend to the fire on mt olympias.

Nice work, Leon.

Okay, so far we have.....
Zeus/Jupiter/Sag
Ares/Mars/Aries
Hades/Pluto/Scorpio
Poseidon/Neptune/Pisces
Aphrodite/Venus/Taurus/Libra
Apollo/Sun/Leo
Hermes/Mercury/Gemini/Virgo
Artemis/Moon/Cancer

Titans:
Cronus/Saturn/Capricorn
Uranus/Uranus/Aquarius

Now that leaves us with the other Olympians; Hera, Demeter, Athena, Hephaestus, Hestia (originally), and Dionysus. Hmm...Maybe these Olympians have no affiliation with the zodiac signs.
If there's even moar planets to discover then Astronomers might name them after the remaining Olympians. AZZtrologers will then sort it out and assign those new planets to rule Taurus, Gemini, Virgo, and/or Libra since they're currently stuck sharing rulers.
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  mi-cuit Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:27 pm

A really obvious point here, but the planets are named after the Roman equivalents of the Greek gods.
Mercury=Hermes
Venus=Aphrodite
Mars=Ares
Jupiter=Zeus
Saturn=Cronus
Uranus is the exception and is actually the Greek naming
Neptune=Poseidon
Pluto=Hades
Juno=Demeter

Verifying this information has led me to discover that Ceres has been promoted to dwarf planet status, and that the astronomical community has "discovered" two others, Haumea and Makemake, between Pluto and Eris. Names derived from Greco-Roman mythology have officially been restricted to planets (with the exception of the asteroids that have already been named). Eris was given a name from mythology simply because it had been considered the tenth planet for a long time until its discovery was revealed to the public and the definition of planet amended.
mi-cuit
mi-cuit

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:10 pm

mi-cuit wrote:A really obvious point here, but the planets are named after the Roman equivalents of the Greek gods.
Mercury=Hermes
Venus=Aphrodite
Mars=Ares
Jupiter=Zeus
Saturn=Cronus
Uranus is the exception and is actually the Greek naming
Neptune=Poseidon
Pluto=Hades
Juno=Demeter

Verifying this information has led me to discover that Ceres has been promoted to dwarf planet status, and that the astronomical community has "discovered" two others, Haumea and Makemake, between Pluto and Eris. Names derived from Greco-Roman mythology have officially been restricted to planets (with the exception of the asteroids that have already been named). Eris was given a name from mythology simply because it had been considered the tenth planet for a long time until its discovery was revealed to the public and the definition of planet amended.

Ah! Eris, wasn't she the considered the female Ares, or something along the line of bloodshed and war? If I remember correctly, I believe her story was similar to Lilith in a small way, no? something about being outcast, because she was disobedient.

EDIT: I always felt that Athena was related to Virgo.
MKing
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. ARM Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:35 pm

Vulcan is sometimes associated with Virgo, as well.
Dr. ARM
Dr. ARM
Admin

Title : Mad Scientist
Virgo Horse

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:17 pm

Dr. ARM wrote:Vulcan is sometimes associated with Virgo, as well.

If that's the case, then Hephaestus should be Virgo's equivalent.
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat

http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. ARM Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:47 pm

That's what I meant to imply.
Dr. ARM
Dr. ARM
Admin

Virgo Horse

Back to top Go down

Post  mi-cuit Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:53 am

I remember reading that they've officially ruled out the possibility of there being a planet (Vulcan) between Mercury and Venus. The "formula" or whatever had been faulty. The Athena association already has a body it can be attributed to (the asteroid Pallas-Athene). I personally prefer the association between Virgo and Vesta, the caring, dedicated sister. It sounds like it fits, yes?
mi-cuit
mi-cuit

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. ARM Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:06 am

I was talking about the god, not the hypothetical planet.
Dr. ARM
Dr. ARM
Admin

Virgo Horse

Back to top Go down

Post  mi-cuit Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:45 am

There is a Vulcan god? The 12 zodiac signs and the 12 Olympians Icon_eek
mi-cuit
mi-cuit

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. ARM Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:57 am

He has no legs, as illogical as that sounds.
Dr. ARM
Dr. ARM
Admin

Virgo Horse

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:03 am

Dinny wrote:
Dr. ARM wrote:Vulcan is sometimes associated with Virgo, as well.

If that's the case, then Hephaestus should be Virgo's equivalent.

Ewwwwww........wasn't he considered to be the most ugliest/lamest, of all the gods, and on top of that, he had no backbone, what so ever, because his wife fucked around behind his back (and probably in front of his face), and instead of whooping Ares ass, and then going upside her head, he punked out, Zeus, or Hades, or any of the other gods, would have never lets something like this happen, EVER. Hestia shouldn't have never stepped down, they should have just gave up his spot.

OT: Not too long ago, I saw this episode of Clash of the Gods, and all I am going to say is.......the real story behind Medusa's appearance, was pretty messed up. How the hell did she get punished for being raped? Like......the shit, just doesn't add up to me. Athena, was cold hearted to core, she really had it out for this woman. So much for women power.
MKing
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. ARM Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:40 am

You need to do some reading. You got Hephaestus all wrong.
Dr. ARM
Dr. ARM
Admin

Virgo Horse

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:03 am

Unless there's some other God named, Hephaestus......I am pretty sure what I said about him is true.
He is considered the ugliest/unluckiest god. check.
His wife, and Brother, basically walked all over him. check.
His wife had numerous affairs. check.
He did nothing to Ares, that could be considered punishable. check.
AND....his parents abandon him because of his looks. check.
Nothing more to talk about.
MKing
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:34 am

MKing wrote:Unless there's some other God named, Hephaestus......I am pretty sure what I said about him is true.
He is considered the ugliest/unluckiest god. check.
His wife, and Brother, basically walked all over him. check.
His wife had numerous affairs. check.
He did nothing to Ares, that could be considered punishable. check.
AND....his parents abandon him because of his looks. check.
Nothing more to talk about.
The 12 zodiac signs and the 12 Olympians Mars-And-Venus-Surprised-By-Apollo
PapiChuloLeon = Mars
murchinson = the guy in the center in the background
dinny = the angry looking guy standing next to the bed
arm = the little angel guy
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:42 am

@Leon: Quick question......I know I am not the brightest bulb in the box (no pun intended The 12 zodiac signs and the 12 Olympians Icon_lol), but are those dogs in that picture? I don't know if it's just me, but in history class.....my teacher, always failed to mentioned any dogs, or cats during that period of time. but yeah, I wondered what type of pets they had during the Roman Era, dogs obviously.
MKing
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. ARM Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:05 pm

I still wouldn't call him spineless. Hephaestus, being lame/crippled, couldn't even walk without the aid of a stick and he dragged the two of them to Olympus in an unbreakable net of his making. He had to be persuaded to free them, just like he had to be swayed to free Hera from the golden throne he crafted for her in retaliation to her past deeds. On top of that, he forged all of the magical equipment the Olympians became known for.

Hephaestus is a very under-appreciated god, even though he's the most "human" of the lot. It's kind of like he was conceived to be the butt of every joke. He's kind of an underdog in my opinion, the rest are pretty one-dimensional by comparison.

That painting Leon posted is a depiction of that very scene where Hephaestus traps the two lovers with the net clutched in his hands. I believe the tiny angel is Eros, and the man standing in the back is the omniscient Helios, whom informed Hephaestus of Aphrodite's adultery.

Also, they did keep dogs back then while cats were originally kept as pets in Egypt.
Dr. ARM
Dr. ARM
Admin

Virgo Horse

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:34 pm

OK, so let me try to understand this.....

*Tossed out by his parents.
*Was asked to come back to Mt Olympus, because they so called "felt bad" for him (mind you, this was right after Hera, saw a fine piece of jewelry around his foster mother's neck.The 12 zodiac signs and the 12 Olympians Icon_rolleyes), and yet, he still took the offer.
*They so called built a "workshop" (aka sweatshop) for him, to make THEM...fine pieces of materials.
*Was given Aphrodite, as a sign of forgiveness (Zeus, knew exactly what he was doing when he arranged this so-called marriage).
*Created/gave numerous amounts of gifts to his wife, only in return to be cheated on, by different guys, which he knew about, btw.
* His brother didn't give a damn if they were related, or not, he still slept with his wife.
*And his embarrassing attempt to humiliate them, only lead to him actually letting them go in the end. All that work, and basically you let them get off with a slap on the wrist.
*On a side note, I also read somewhere that he ended up fathering somebody else's child. That maybe a rumor, I am not entirely sure.

And yet, you still don't believe that this man is spineless.

Is he under-appreciated? YES.
Is he considered an underdog? YES.
Is he spineless? YES. So, I beg to differ.

Let's agree to disagree.
MKing
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. ARM Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:45 pm

I feel like an octopus for typing this much.

*Tossed out by his parents.
This was when he was just born, for one. Forgive him for not standing up to his parents as a newborn child. Even so, in one version of the story he actually rushed to his mother's rescue after she and Zeus had an argument and the latter suspended her from Olympus by a golden chain. Zeus in his rage threw the young Hephaestus from the mountain and made up with his wife.

*Was asked to come back to Mt Olympus, because they so called "felt bad" for him (mind you, this was right after Hera, saw a fine piece of jewelry around his foster mother's neck.The 12 zodiac signs and the 12 Olympians Icon_rolleyes), and yet, he still took the offer.
Again, in another variant he crafted Hera a golden chair which bound her to its surface once she took her seat. The other gods begged to have him release her, and even so he refused. In desperation, they resorted to getting him drunk so he'd agree to return to Olympus with Dionysus.

*They so called built a "workshop" (aka sweatshop) for him, to make THEM...fine pieces of materials.
So? It was my understanding that he enjoyed and took pride in his work. He had an important job to do and he wasn't being forced to do it. He gave to the other gods freely of his own will and he was a bit off a show-off when it came to crafting.

*Was given Aphrodite, as a sign of forgiveness (Zeus, knew exactly what he was doing when he arranged this so-called marriage).
Forgiveness? Why does Hephaestus need to be forgiven? Aphrodite was also given to Hephaestus because he was the most resolute of all the gods and Zeus desired to end the quarrels over Aphrodite. Hephaestus didn't really seem to mind.

*Created/gave numerous amounts of gifts to his wife, only in return to be cheated on, by different guys, which he knew about, btw.
I have to admit, my knowledge in this area is a bit cloudy. It seems a bit inconsistent with how he reacted to Ares and Aphrodite as well. I don't see how his wife's slutty behavior makes Hephaestus spineless, but the fact that he knew changes things. Unless of course, he didn't mind her cheating on him.

* His brother didn't give a damn if they were related, or not, he still slept with his wife.
Again, what does this have to do with Hephaestus being spineless? This is just Ares being a dick-head per usual.

*And his embarrassing attempt to humiliate them, only lead to him actually letting them go in the end. All that work, and basically you let them get off with a slap on the wrist.
In the end, he made a stand for himself and he was satisfied with the result despite the laughter and possible embarrassment he brought upon himself. Hephaestus is the most stubborn of the gods, after all.

*On a side note, I also read somewhere that he ended up fathering somebody else's child. That maybe a rumor, I am not entirely sure.
I've never heard this, myself. Hephaestus worked long hours in the forge and barely had time for his wife, let alone some other god's child. Not to mention Hephaestus himself wasn't without children. He never had any with Aphrodite though, as far as I know.

Is he spineless? YES. So, I beg to differ.
Some of his actions might have been, but as a whole I would say not.

Let's agree to disagree.
I agree.

We sure got off-topic.
Dr. ARM
Dr. ARM
Admin

Virgo Horse

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:24 pm

Dr. ARM wrote:
*They so called built a "workshop" (aka sweatshop) for
him, to make THEM...fine pieces of materials.

So? It was my
understanding that he enjoyed and took pride in his work. He had an
important job to do and he wasn't being forced to do it. He gave to the
other gods freely of his own will and he was a bit off a show-off when
it came to crafting.

You are missing the point. He may have very well loved doing what he does best, and there's nothing wrong with that, but there's a difference in doing something because you love it, and doing something for people who are using you. His own will.....my ass, he was probably too scared to say no, so he took the offer, anyway.
That's how I see it.

Dr. ARM wrote:
Forgiveness? Why does Hephaestus need to be forgiven? Aphrodite was also given to Hephaestus because he was the most resolute of all the gods and Zeus desired to end the quarrels over Aphrodite. Hephaestus didn't really seem to mind.

Actually Zeus gave her away to
him as a sign of forgiveness, for whatever pain he may have caused, if I remember correctly. There is a certain irony/mockery behind Zeus doing, pairing the most beautiful Goddess,
with the most unattractive God.
People didn't envy him, they laugh at him, which only made, Aphrodite want to see other people.

Dr. ARM wrote:* His brother didn't give a damn if they were related, or not, he still slept with his wife.
Again, what does this have to do with Hephaestus being spineless? This is just Ares being a dick-head per usual.

Just because this is Ares normal state of mind, doesn't give him the right to sleep with somebody else wife. After his pity attempt to embarrass Ares, he still let the man go, and in the end, he stayed with his slutty wife. So they fucked around, and still got away with it, so who actually had the last laugh. Once again, the butt of the joke.

Dr. ARM wrote:*On a side note, I also read somewhere that he ended up fathering somebody else's child. That maybe a rumor, I am not entirely sure.
I've never heard this, myself. Hephaestus worked long hours in the forge and barely had time for his wife, let alone some other god's child. Not to mention Hephaestus himself wasn't without children. He never had any with Aphrodite though, as far as I know.

Actually the child that everybody is uncertain about name is, Harmonia. There has been a few stories that mentioned her as Ares/Aphrodite's child.

Dr. ARM wrote:Is he spineless? YES. So, I beg to differ.
Some of his actions might have been, but as a whole I would say not.

Call a spade a spade.....your either spineless, or your not. Example: You can't go around sleeping with everybody, and say "I am not a HO.....I only have Ho tendencies/actions"

Dr. ARM wrote:
Le
t's agree to disagree.
I agree.

Double agree.

EDIT: Excuse all the errors, I hate proofreading.

Last edited by MKing on Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
MKing
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  Arikus Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:35 pm

Damn, you're right. I just looked up Hephaestus.
http://images.elfwood.com/art/v/a/vasilis/hephaestus.jpg

That's the first pic that came up. That guy is a total gimp.
Arikus
Arikus

Title : Resourcerer
Aquarius Horse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next