Constellation Chamber
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round Table Negativity Thread

+8
MKing
Arikus
Monty
PapiChuloLeon
mi-cuit
lilith
Dinny
Dr. ARM
12 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Round Table Negativity Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Round Table Negativity Thread

Post  Dinny Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:16 am

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Dinny wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Monty wrote:I'm Clare and I hate everything.
Why is everyone so mean to her? Round Table Negativity Thread - Page 4 Icon_lol

People are being mean? I thought that was playful teasing?
You used to have the most jokes.

Really? All I did was call her Stalker's girlfriend ad nauseum, which is a joke they fostered between themselves anyway.

lilith wrote:I can't tell when Josh is joking or not.

Yeah, it's hard sometimes. Buuut I'm pretty sure that was a joke.
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat

http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:54 am

Dinny wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Dinny wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Monty wrote:I'm Clare and I hate everything.
Why is everyone so mean to her? Round Table Negativity Thread - Page 4 Icon_lol

People are being mean? I thought that was playful teasing?
You used to have the most jokes.

Really? All I did was call her Stalker's girlfriend ad nauseum, which is a joke they fostered between themselves anyway.
You know exactly what I'm talking about. You just look like you don't have fangs.
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:55 pm

I'm living with a 17-year-old high-school dropout who, when not playing video games 10 hours a day, gets messed up on bombs and I think he's on even harder drugs because of his erratic behaviour. He won't get even a retail job, which would be great for a 17-year-old, andprefers to go on welfare (I've heard a few, but not a lot, of people here wonder if they should work or go on welfare, and I don't mean single mothers or parents in hardship). He waits until everyone is gone from the house and steals other people's food, even though his cupboard is stashed with Kraft dinner and Ramen noodles. I'll cook for anyone anyday, but he's stealing only things in jars and it'll be returned a day later with over half of it gone, like Cheez Whiz, Nutella, chocolate icing and honey (which I throw out the instant it's returned). I don't really mind that, but it's so bizarre. He skitters out of the room whenever someone enters the kitchen while he has food in his mouth. All of that is just plain weird, and he spent time in juvi for hijacking a car. It's one thing to be a stoner, big deal, but to violently take a car from someone is another. About every other hour he's either throwing up, in the bathroom making unidentifiable noises or having explosive diarrhea to the remorse of everyone else living on the floor. Today he walked out the front door to smoke weed out of a bong (at least keep it to yourself). He's like bubbling pot of fury. He has my sympathy and he needs a family member or parent (though I don't think they're around) or someone like a social worker to help him out, but I'm expecting him to go apeshit any second now because the landlord kicked him out two weeks ago and he has until August 1st. I feel so bad for him, but at the same time, I or we can't take care of this guy. I think if I were not in this situation, I'd be tempted to say something like, "Take it easy on him", but I've met so many people like this that it is really up to them to change. People like this can be full of false promises, saying they'll get a job, start going to school again, quit drugs, but it never happens. It will if there is an intervention or someone gets caught (if even that). You never know who decides to turn their life around. It's that he's so young, but at the same time, old enough to start making the right decisions. Round Table Negativity Thread - Page 4 Confused Sad situation.
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat

http://reactorfire.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:32 pm

lilith wrote:Words

Wow. Horror So... is this a case of someone going off the rails on their own, or, to the best of your knowledge, was it escalated by family/financial/etc issues? Like, was he from a generally supportive and stable family but went rogue anyway?

I often find it hard to feel sympathy for people in those sorts of predicaments because all too often they've brought it upon themselves one way or another; we have mentally handicapped people standing on their own two feet, impoverished students who worked their asses off for scholarships and worked their way into extremely prestigious universities despite their financial situation, and people with unsupportive families who have still managed to make good lives for themselves. So, most people don't have an excuse, and I believe in taking responsibility and feeling the effects of your decisions.

On the flipside, it's probably easy for me to be dismissive like that, never having seen a relative go through that kind of trauma and never experiencing it myself, or even being in the vaguest position to. We all need help sometimes, and it sounds like this kid is in desperate need of it. But, as you've already pointed out, people need to want to change themselves, genuinely. No one deserves a life like that when being young should allow room for some mistakes, so I hope he gets a second chance somehow. Have you reached out to him in any particular way? I'm curious.
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:12 pm

lilith wrote:I'm living with a 17-year-old high-school dropout who, when not playing video games 10 hours a day, gets messed up on bombs and I think he's on even harder drugs because of his erratic behaviour. He won't get even a retail job, which would be great for a 17-year-old, andprefers to go on welfare (I've heard a few, but not a lot, of people here wonder if they should work or go on welfare, and I don't mean single mothers or parents in hardship). He waits until everyone is gone from the house and steals other people's food, even though his cupboard is stashed with Kraft dinner and Ramen noodles. I'll cook for anyone anyday, but he's stealing only things in jars and it'll be returned a day later with over half of it gone, like Cheez Whiz, Nutella, chocolate icing and honey (which I throw out the instant it's returned). I don't really mind that, but it's so bizarre. He skitters out of the room whenever someone enters the kitchen while he has food in his mouth. All of that is just plain weird, and he spent time in juvi for hijacking a car. It's one thing to be a stoner, big deal, but to violently take a car from someone is another. About every other hour he's either throwing up, in the bathroom making unidentifiable noises or having explosive diarrhea to the remorse of everyone else living on the floor. Today he walked out the front door to smoke weed out of a bong (at least keep it to yourself). He's like bubbling pot of fury. He has my sympathy and he needs a family member or parent (though I don't think they're around) or someone like a social worker to help him out, but I'm expecting him to go apeshit any second now because the landlord kicked him out two weeks ago and he has until August 1st. I feel so bad for him, but at the same time, I or we can't take care of this guy. I think if I were not in this situation, I'd be tempted to say something like, "Take it easy on him", but I've met so many people like this that it is really up to them to change. People like this can be full of false promises, saying they'll get a job, start going to school again, quit drugs, but it never happens. It will if there is an intervention or someone gets caught (if even that). You never know who decides to turn their life around. It's that he's so young, but at the same time, old enough to start making the right decisions. Round Table Negativity Thread - Page 4 Confused Sad situation.
How does your roommate friend over there even pitch in with the rent if he's unemployed? Round Table Negativity Thread - Page 4 Icon_neutral
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:04 pm

To both: I have no idea about the family situation, but I'm betting it's not good. He said he had a restraining order against his dad to a roommate, supposedly, but I don't know what's true. Have no idea how he pays for the rent either. I haven't tried to reach out to him, because he terrifies me. I've met heroin and/or coke and/or alcohol addicts before and none of them have scared me like this one. There's something really wrong with him.
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:50 pm

lilith wrote:To both: I have no idea about the family situation, but I'm betting it's not good. He said he had a restraining order against his dad to a roommate, supposedly, but I don't know what's true. Have no idea how he pays for the rent either. I haven't tried to reach out to him, because he terrifies me. I've met heroin and/or coke and/or alcohol addicts before and none of them have scared me like this one. There's something really wrong with him.
Sounds like fun. pics? Round Table Negativity Thread - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:02 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
lilith wrote:To both: I have no idea about the family situation, but I'm betting it's not good. He said he had a restraining order against his dad to a roommate, supposedly, but I don't know what's true. Have no idea how he pays for the rent either. I haven't tried to reach out to him, because he terrifies me. I've met heroin and/or coke and/or alcohol addicts before and none of them have scared me like this one. There's something really wrong with him.
Sounds like fun. pics? Round Table Negativity Thread - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

Ah, no. I wouldn't be comfortable doing that.
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Monty Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:13 pm

Clare, I lived with someone who was like that. In fact, my situation was the same as yours in a way but to such an extreme. A Virgo who was an expert with Computers but a serious drug addict at the same time, I was a little unsure to whether to reach out to him.

It came to a point where I ordered a pizza and it was just me and him in the common room and I offered him a slice, I saw a slight cheer to him. I think the guy who you are living would probably appreciate someone reaching out to him, the gaming for 10 hours a day and the drugs sounds like he wants to escape the reality he's in. If someone reaches out to him would probably make him come out. Then again, might be an idea to ignore my unsolicited shite, he's being kicked out for definite, yah?
Monty
Monty

Leo Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:59 pm

I support dinny's viewpoint 100%, but Josh (there's no reason to call it unsolicited shite, I think everyone here reads your posts), there's nothing I can do for this guy as he's too messed up and I have to, for once, ignore my tendency to want to "mother" people and take care of them and feel bad for people who constantly make the wrong decisions and make excuses for why people do this or that. There are times when I like that aspect of myself, but I do it constantly and it gets me in trouble and taken advantage of. IRL, people get fed up with me because someone will do something shitty and I'll come up with a reason why they probably did it, even though in the back of my mind I know they did it for bad reasons/indulgence/thrills. I had a tendency to spend a lot of time with people who had issues because I felt so bad for them. This was the second time ever I decided to stand up for myself. He weighs over twice what I do, throws stuff around, slams doors, and I don't want to live with him while I'm trying to make a good life for myself. (It's kind of different for a guy of the same age to reach out rather than a girl six years older to try to.) Plus, I live in a house, not a dorm and in the dorm I always had a gang of girlfriends or guyfriends to run around with. There are specific projects I have in mind for the people just like him, education-wise, for when I'm older and wiser and they will hopefully bloom well, but I'm too young for them right now and it's time to be a little bit selfish. Anyway, that is the most I'll ever talk about myself and I'm slightly uncomfortable posting it, but there it is.
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:11 pm

lilith wrote:I support dinny's viewpoint 100%, but Josh (there's no reason to call it unsolicited shite, I think everyone here reads your posts), there's nothing I can do for this guy as he's too messed up and I have to, for once, ignore my tendency to want to "mother" people and take care of them and feel bad for people who constantly make the wrong decisions and make excuses for why people do this or that. There are times when I like that aspect of myself, but I do it constantly and it gets me in trouble and taken advantage of. IRL, people get fed up with me because someone will do something shitty and I'll come up with a reason why they probably did it, even though in the back of my mind I know they did it for bad reasons/indulgence/thrills. I had a tendency to spend a lot of time with people who had issues because I felt so bad for them. This was the second time ever I decided to stand up for myself. He weighs over twice what I do, throws stuff around, slams doors, and I don't want to live with him while I'm trying to make a good life for myself. (It's kind of different for a guy of the same age to reach out rather than a girl six years older to try to.) Plus, I live in a house, not a dorm and in the dorm I always had a gang of girlfriends or guyfriends to run around with. There are specific projects I have in mind for the people just like him, education-wise, for when I'm older and wiser and they will hopefully bloom well, but I'm too young for them right now and it's time to be a little bit selfish. Anyway, that is the most I'll ever talk about myself and I'm slightly uncomfortable posting it, but there it is.
Round Table Negativity Thread - Page 4 Icon_eek
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:13 pm

What are you trying to say this time? You are so exhausting.
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:47 pm

I remember why I never check this thread...it's so negative. Round Table Negativity Thread - Page 4 Icon_lol

Title : Master of All
Taurus Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:32 pm

lilith wrote:What are you trying to say this time? You are so exhausting.

I think his point was how Cancer-ish you were sounding there. I somehow envisioned you as having that trait ("motherly"), but I don't think that's from my own intuition, I somehow recall you posting a similar story or expressing similar sentiments on the old forum.

In any case, I think you're the best judge of what to do in your scenario, and if you think it's too dangerous to reach out and it's time to be a bit selfish, then you're probably right. Afterall, I don't think you have an imbalanced concept of give/take.

Guest wrote:I remember why I never check this thread...it's so negative. Round Table Negativity Thread - Page 4 Icon_lol

Laughing You don't say, Guest!
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:11 pm

Dinny wrote:

I think his point was how Cancer-ish you were sounding there. I somehow envisioned you as having that trait ("motherly"), but I don't think that's from my own intuition, I somehow recall you posting a similar story or expressing similar sentiments on the old forum.

In any case, I think you're the best judge of what to do in your scenario, and if you think it's too dangerous to reach out and it's time to be a bit selfish, then you're probably right. Afterall, I don't think you have an imbalanced concept of give/take.

Guest wrote:I remember why I never check this thread...it's so negative. Round Table Negativity Thread - Page 4 Icon_lol

I think it's your roommate buddy who's making you exhausted. Round Table Negativity Thread - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:56 am

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Dinny wrote:

I think it's your roommate buddy who's making you exhausted. Round Table Negativity Thread - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

=P Well, he is gone now... he left yesterday so I'm not as frantic and feeling so weird anymore. Messing with a Cancer home is like taking an Aqua's freedom away I think (just kidding.) Not really any good idea of where he went either. I'm surprised I got a Round Table Negativity Thread - Page 4 Icon_eek reaction out of you, though.

And thanks, dindin. I always appreciate your input.
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:49 pm

lilith wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Dinny wrote:

=P Well, he is gone now... he left yesterday so I'm not as frantic and feeling so weird anymore. Messing with a Cancer home is like taking an Aqua's freedom away I think (just kidding.) Not really any good idea of where he went either. I'm surprised I got a Round Table Negativity Thread - Page 4 Icon_eek reaction out of you, though.

And thanks, dindin. I always appreciate your input.
Round Table Negativity Thread - Page 4 Icon_question
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  Monty Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:48 pm

The hairs on my arms are sticking up, I have a massive lump in my throat and I'm tearing up something rotten. I don't even know why I'm so scared and it's not even remotely scary, just fucking harrowing. Round Table Negativity Thread - Page 4 456458
Monty
Monty

Leo Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  mi-cuit Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:56 am

Monty wrote:The hairs on my arms are sticking up, I have a massive lump in my throat and I'm tearing up something rotten. I don't even know why I'm so scared and it's not even remotely scary, just fucking harrowing. Round Table Negativity Thread - Page 4 456458

Round Table Negativity Thread - Page 4 Icon_question Round Table Negativity Thread - Page 4 Icon_question Round Table Negativity Thread - Page 4 Icon_question
mi-cuit
mi-cuit

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:11 am

mi-cuit wrote:
Monty wrote:The hairs on my arms are sticking up, I have a massive lump in my throat and I'm tearing up something rotten. I don't even know why I'm so scared and it's not even remotely scary, just fucking harrowing. Round Table Negativity Thread - Page 4 456458

Round Table Negativity Thread - Page 4 Icon_question Round Table Negativity Thread - Page 4 Icon_question Round Table Negativity Thread - Page 4 Icon_question

I showed him this: http://tinycartridge.com/post/866743831/super-creepy-pokemon-hack

It freaked me out too. Especially if you read to the point where the music is, you hit play, and you continue reading the events with the Lavender Town theme in the background.

Unless you played the original Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow, don't bother with it, it won't freak you out. But if you have... eeeeeeeeerie.
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  mi-cuit Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:48 am

I've played at least a version of every pokemon generation ever released. I'm actually excited about Black and White. Razz I'll check it out.

EDIT: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
mi-cuit
mi-cuit

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Monty Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:53 am

The problem is that whenever I played that game I always think back in the mindset of the 11 year old who'd love playing it all day, I never in hell expected that and it completely freaked me out. At the time I saw this, I hadn't slept for god knows and my imagination was running wild. I did a sound experiment a while back with the MIDI file (The music file) similar to how it was described.
Monty
Monty

Leo Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:21 am

Fuck Etsy. Only an absolutely minuscule handful of people ship to Australia. ARM is supposed to send me a package in about a month anyway, maybe I should get it shipped to him and he can send it to me.

Still, fuck Etsy. Sites like Ebay and ThinkGeek are happy to mail here for a few more bucks, why aren't other people?
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:40 am

I keep having these dreams about chaos in my city and people being killed. The first one involved a bitch who could eat your soul out of you. The one I just had, had an evil bitch or demon mind controlling people, and making them go do these brutal murders. I pride myself on not remembering dreams, but this is the first time I remembered this many details of my dreams. I usually don't have the same theme moar than once.
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:27 am

PapiChuloLeon wrote:I keep having these dreams about chaos in my city and people being killed. The first one involved a bitch who could eat your soul out of you. The one I just had, had an evil bitch or demon mind controlling people, and making them go do these brutal murders. I pride myself on not remembering dreams, but this is the first time I remembered this many details of my dreams. I usually don't have the same theme moar than once.

That's bizarre. Have you singled out specific keywords/elements and popped them into Google under the pretense of dream analysis? Or looked up what recurring dreams are about? I've never had recurring dreams. Similar themes, yeah, but never an instance where a dream was really similar to another.

My strangest dream recently was one where I was on a steel table being dissected. The feel of the scalpel slicing my skin open was borderline orgasmic. Like, it was intensely painful, but there was a surge of adrenaline and endorphins, and I was adoring it and moaning in pleasure. I woke up before it could advance beyond slicing me open, though. </3 Last thing I remember was the man standing over me (probably ARM) sinking his hands into me and grabbing hold of some of my organs.

Very very strange.
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down