Constellation Chamber
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round Table Negativity Thread

+8
MKing
Arikus
Monty
PapiChuloLeon
mi-cuit
lilith
Dinny
Dr. ARM
12 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Round Table Negativity Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Round Table Negativity Thread

Post  lilith Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:58 pm

*chirp chirp*
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat

http://reactorfire.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Monty Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:04 pm

*SINISTER SNIPS*

To the guys who haved already moved, I need to ask a question.

My
Dad is having a really hard time accepting I've grown up and admittedly
it's getting quite cramped but I really don't want to upset him at all.
He's becoming increasingly clingy since I left home but it's only
recently that it's happened and to be honest with you, I have no idea
how to sort it out.

He's really insistent I call him once a
day and when I'm too busy to even eat or sleep, let alone make a phone
call he'll get really angsty about it. I appreciate he really does care
for my welfare but I need my space and independence. There was an
example earlier where he was lecturing me on how to pack my stuff, make
myself some food in the morning and how to use the train. I know it's
the other side of the country but I'm not THAT geographically retarded!
Round Table Negativity Thread - Page 2 Icon_lol

So, what do I do, guys and gals?
Monty
Monty

Leo Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:09 pm

E-mail. =D
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:05 pm

lilith wrote:E-mail. =D

Yep. Can't go wrong with that.

Dr. ARM wrote:An Aquarius I knew killed herself a few years
ago.

I knew an Aquarius guy who tried to commit suicide before, but he was very unsuccessful. I was told that was actually his second attempt. I never told anyone this, but knowing him personally, I felt that he did it for attention.
MKing
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  mi-cuit Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:55 am

No no no no no. I need her alive. She has to pay half the rent! Round Table Negativity Thread - Page 2 Icon_lol
mi-cuit
mi-cuit

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Monty Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:00 pm

Kill her and claim her life insurance. Or go on a massive shopping spree and blame it on her!
Monty
Monty

Leo Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:20 pm

I feel so tired of everything, I feel drained. Round Table Negativity Thread - Page 2 Icon_sad

I'm tired of people f'ing around and playing videogames or watching TV or movies all day and losing their social skills, and I'm tired of the same people who prefer to do that and also sit around and gossip about people instead of going out because they can't think of anything else to do and ending up depressed and apathetic because of it, saying that they'll do whatever it is 'tomorrow'. I'm sick of trying to get people out and excited about something when all they want to do is avoid walking or getting up out of their bedrooms and want to stay glued to a screen for the entire fucking day. I'm sick of people agreeing with me about it when they do the same thing.

Most of all, I'm tired of caring about people doing these things and I can't let it get to me. I just want to lie down and not get depressed about this. On one hand, I want to move to a remote island and forget about everyone, and on the other hand I want to get out with a huge crowd.

Thing is, most days I just shrug this off, even laugh at it but today it just hit me as the worst.
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  mi-cuit Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:58 pm

lilith wrote:I feel so tired of everything, I feel drained. Round Table Negativity Thread - Page 2 Icon_sad

I'm tired of people f'ing around and playing videogames or watching TV or movies all day and losing their social skills, and I'm tired of the same people who prefer to do that and also sit around and gossip about people instead of going out because they can't think of anything else to do and ending up depressed and apathetic because of it, saying that they'll do whatever it is 'tomorrow'. I'm sick of trying to get people out and excited about something when all they want to do is avoid walking or getting up out of their bedrooms and want to stay glued to a screen for the entire fucking day. I'm sick of people agreeing with me about it when they do the same thing.

Most of all, I'm tired of caring about people doing these things and I can't let it get to me. I just want to lie down and not get depressed about this. On one hand, I want to move to a remote island and forget about everyone, and on the other hand I want to get out with a huge crowd.

Thing is, most days I just shrug this off, even laugh at it but today it just hit me as the worst.

We all have those days. You have to keep in mind just how easy it is to fall into a rut though. Sometimes people fall into things they don't necessarily choose. I don't necessarily believe that though. All it amounts to is one big excuse. I don't know what to say, given that I have my own "peeve" that I sometimes find depressing. It'll pass.
mi-cuit
mi-cuit

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Monty Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:02 pm

lilith wrote:I feel so tired of everything, I feel drained. Round Table Negativity Thread - Page 2 Icon_sad

Haha, the opposite happened to me. I slipped into that routine BECAUSE I was depressed, it came as a sense of comfort for me to stay on my Mac for days at a time. From the moment I'd wake up until I slept I would be on there and not for anything productive either. We obviously know a lot of us have our moments of lathergy too but when you're obviously energetic considering it's Summer and others are content on being vegetables, it's frustrating. Perhaps, meeting like minded (Or energised!) would be ideal for you, just don't go beserk. Not everyone shares the same ideal...
Monty
Monty

Leo Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:58 pm

Well, I have calmed down. Depression is a tricky topic, when it comes to cause and effect.

Josh, that's very common. My years in high school were pretty bad (not really due to anything in particular unless you want to have some sort of debate about Western culture in general) due to overall depression. The hardest part was not being able to tackle the source. I had friends (sort of), a normal family, enough money, food, etc. and a future. No one died, no major event happened that really caused it. In that way you feel like it's all your fault for not having more willpower, or something. There are things that sound interesting, but for some reason you'd just rather not do them and then all of a sudden a couple of years have passed.

Sometimes it can be pretty obvious who's lazy and who's too depressed to do anything. My generation seems to be kind of stuck to a screen though.
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:49 am

lilith wrote:My years in high school were pretty bad (not really due to anything in particular unless you want to have some sort of debate about Western culture in general)

I had friends (sort of)
Round Table Negativity Thread - Page 2 Icon_neutral
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover

Back to top Go down

Post  mi-cuit Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:13 am

lilith wrote:Well, I have calmed down. Depression is a tricky topic, when it comes to cause and effect.

Josh, that's very common. My years in high school were pretty bad (not really due to anything in particular unless you want to have some sort of debate about Western culture in general) due to overall depression. The hardest part was not being able to tackle the source. I had friends (sort of), a normal family, enough money, food, etc. and a future. No one died, no major event happened that really caused it. In that way you feel like it's all your fault for not having more willpower, or something. There are things that sound interesting, but for some reason you'd just rather not do them and then all of a sudden a couple of years have passed.

Sometimes it can be pretty obvious who's lazy and who's too depressed to do anything. My generation seems to be kind of stuck to a screen though.

Ditto for my undergraduate university years. I'm a little worried that the pattern will stick when I move to graduate.
mi-cuit
mi-cuit

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Monty Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:32 pm

mi-cuit wrote:
lilith wrote:Well, I have calmed down. Depression is a tricky topic, when it comes to cause and effect.

Ditto for my undergraduate university years. I'm a little worried that the pattern will stick when I move to graduate.

To you crabby ones, Do you two get depressed when you break out of a routine or gain some discomfort in conflicting routines? A couple of my Cancerian friends are a lot like it!
Monty
Monty

Leo Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  mi-cuit Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:12 pm

Yes. I also get cranky when I'm stuck in a routine I don't appreciate, although that may be gemini talking. I don't know. It's a fine balance. I miss routine when I don't have it, and it bores me when I do have it.
mi-cuit
mi-cuit

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:03 pm

Pretty much what mi-cuit said. I get sick of things pretty fast.

@Tycoon - haha. I had a couple of close friendships that lasted throughout my highschool years and still are my good friends. Everyone knows how high school goes though. You'd rather avoid seeing everyone you went to high school with. Eugh.
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:53 pm

lilith wrote:@Tycoon - haha. I had a couple of close friendships that lasted throughout my highschool years and still are my good friends. Everyone knows how high school goes though. You'd rather avoid seeing everyone you went to high school with. Eugh.
Were you the chubby girl who sat alone during lunch to read her anime comics? Round Table Negativity Thread - Page 2 Icon_neutral
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  Monty Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:17 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
lilith wrote:@Tycoon - haha. I had a couple of close friendships that lasted throughout my highschool years and still are my good friends. Everyone knows how high school goes though. You'd rather avoid seeing everyone you went to high school with. Eugh.
Were you the chubby girl who sat alone during lunch to read her anime comics? Round Table Negativity Thread - Page 2 Icon_neutral

Dude, I know someone in my class whose like that. She's probably one of the most awesome people I know. Round Table Negativity Thread - Page 2 Icon_lol
Monty
Monty

Leo Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:25 pm

The whole "coming of age" thing during your teens and early 20s is just hormones and anxiety from trying to figure out where you fit in in this world/ life and what it all means. When you get all depressed and are always fatigued for no apparent reason (mid-30s on), get your hormones checked. It will do wonders for your energy and sex drive and your overall feelings.

Title : Master of All
Taurus Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:41 am

bugdust wrote:The whole "coming of age" thing during your teens and early 20s is just hormones and anxiety from trying to figure out where you fit in in this world/ life and what it all means. When you get all depressed and are always fatigued for no apparent reason (mid-30s on), get your hormones checked. It will do wonders for your energy and sex drive ande. your overall feelings.

Yeah, teens were the worst. Things are just settling for me, it feels like. I spend a lot less time wondering how what I'm wearing/what I look like/what I do appears to certain groups of people. Everyone's conscious of these things to an extent, but I'm sure you know what I mean.

@Tycoon - no, but I admire people who value alone time and can read a book in public without being self-conscious of it.

Monty wrote:
Dude, I know someone in my class whose like that. She's probably one of the most awesome people I know. Round Table Negativity Thread - Page 2 Icon_lol

Round Table Negativity Thread - Page 2 Icon_smile
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:58 pm

My friends want to go out tonight, but I just don't have the energy for it......like my body is SERIOUSLY ON E, right now.

I probably need some sleep.
Lots of sleep.
MKing
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:02 pm

I hear you on the running on E. I put in 58 hours this week. I'm physically tired because I was on my feet all day today running the factory but I'm mentally drained just from everything. It has been a very stressful week (or ten) at work and at home.

Title : Master of All
Taurus Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:48 pm

Guest wrote:I hear you on the running on E. I put in 58 hours this week. I'm physically tired because I was on my feet all day today running the factory but I'm mentally drained just from everything. It has been a very stressful week (or ten) at work and at home.

......And you manage to squeeze in some time, come on here, and educate us youngins on topics like......SEX.

Well, I'll be damn, I'm Impressed.

What's your Asc and Moon sign?
MKing
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  Arikus Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:20 pm

My dad is such an asshole.
Arikus
Arikus

Title : Resourcerer
Aquarius Horse

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:28 pm

Arikus wrote:My dad is such an asshole.
?
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  Arikus Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:51 pm

I would go into it but.
1. You guys don't care.
2. Saying it on the forum was really only to get rid of some hatred.
3. He isn't worth the time it would take to explain.
Arikus
Arikus

Title : Resourcerer
Aquarius Horse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next