Constellation Chamber
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Whatever Thread

+9
StarFireSong
PapiChuloLeon
lilith
Dr. ARM
Arikus
Monty
Dinny
mi-cuit
MKing
13 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

The Whatever Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Whatever Thread

Post  Dinny Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:12 pm

Wags wrote:Grahhh.

Mom comes home, says she'll make chicken fries for herself and fish sticks for me, I reply, while busy drawing something, "Okay."

It was an absent-minded okay. Thought nothing of it or how I said it. But she says, "Say it with enthusiasm, or I won't cook anything for you." (She does this every now and again when she believes I'm not enthusiastic enough about something)

Being a particularly shitty mood, I said, "okay" again but with a little sarcasm. She retorts, "You should really take a step outside of yourself and see how rude you are sometimes."

Fuck, I can't even brood by myself whenever I feel the need to anymore without it being wrong. I'm not an intentionally rude person and she knows this. I don't understand why "okay" absolutely must be said with enthusiasm anyway. Or why whenever she's in a ridiculously fantastic mood I have to mirror it. Or what the hell was wrong with my first "okay."

And she's one to point the finger, with the way she treats my grandfather all the time. She is frequently rude when she confronts him.

Needed to vent, things have been bottling up and I didn't feel like bringing this into the negativity thread because this was closer (i.e. I was lazy) than the negativity thread.

Yeah, that kind of thing is always uncomfortable for both parties. My mother tells it to me on occassion, and I actually demand that enthusiasm of people sometimes (in very specific circumstances). Example. In certain situations, ARM can be kind of shy. You know what shy people do? Avoid eye contact and speak low and softly. It always happens at the worst of times. Like with people he needs to establish a good first impression with (like teachers or family friends).

As for your mom though, I don't see that justified. It really does feel like "I'm radiant today, and you're not going to mess up my mood!". I don't understand it when people are hypersensitive about precisely the way you say something.
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat

http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Wags Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:48 pm

Apologies for my late reply Dinny D:

Yeah agree with you there. I got her to talk about it later on that day, turned out it was a more of 'she could tell something was wrong with me but didn't want to ask' ordeal. Evidently she doesn't like asking people if they're okay because she's afraid they might bark back at her. Understandable enough. I told her she can ask me anytime if she wants.

It's all good.

Example. In certain situations, ARM can be kind of shy. You know what shy people do? Avoid eye contact and speak low and softly. It always happens at the worst of times. Like with people he needs to establish a good first impression with (like teachers or family friends).

Aw. I know how that goes, I'm pretty shy myself. My boyfriend probably feels similar sentiments to yours. Whenever he introduces me to people (maybe this is because he'll yak your brains off without hardly ever pausing) he does most of the talking. Even if I want to get a word in, he already beat me to it. He's never complained about my nature, but at his friend's wedding he said several times, "She's not outgoing like me/us. She's mousy. etc." he especially likes using that last label. Which doesn't apply 100% of the time.

In truth, we're both about the same amount of shy as we are outgoing, but... he's the one that draws lines. He admits he's also shy, but covers it up with talking. He has most people convinced too.

Problem is, shy people don't become socially confident over night, especially if it has been their nature for a long time. Trying to impose expectations on them... don't think that does much. Or using "you should be this/that;" no one wants to be told what to do. Same thing for when people tell you to "be happier" or "smile!" it probably just makes them angrier/more withdrawn. Going back on the main point.
Wags
Wags

Aries Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:28 pm

Title : Master of All
Taurus Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:54 pm

Guest wrote:<crickets>

*Stomps on*

Fitting, because we have a cricket infestation here at the moment. I was walking around the CBD of my city, y'know, where all the cars and skyscrapers are and stuff, and I had to get ARM to pluck crickets out of my cleavage four times. I seriously don't know how they ended up landing in there without fail.
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:27 am

What's everyone been up to?

I don't know if you guys remember about the short film I was cast in, but here is a photo of everyone, including the crew:
The Whatever Thread - Page 7 169027_10150387574950083_573640082_17118700_2191200_n

They're still editing it... no idea when it will be done.

I'm not sure if you can see the photo because you might have to be logged in on Facebook... I tried to get the external link though.

By the way, dinny, the guy all the way to the right had a really long ponytail and I thought of you.

Bye.
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat

http://reactorfire.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:32 pm

lilith wrote:What's everyone been up to?

I don't know if you guys remember about the short film I was cast in, but here is a photo of everyone, including the crew:
The Whatever Thread - Page 7 169027_10150387574950083_573640082_17118700_2191200_n

I'm not sure if you can see the photo because you might have to be logged in on Facebook... I tried to get the external link though.

By the way, dinny, the guy all the way to the right had a really long ponytail and I thought of you.

Bye.
Why is the grandma on her knees with her mouth wide open flashing teeth? Neutral
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:35 pm

lilith wrote:By the way, dinny, the guy all the way to the right had a really long ponytail and I thought of you.

You were right to! Dini <3 ponitale.

That picture is awesome, it's a nice and variable cast. No issues viewing it without a FB. I'd love to see the final product if it gets up on the internets.

What have I been doing? Hm.. Not that much. The most exciting thing I can think of is getting pet rats. They're adorable, I have to take photos later: one's a grey hooded rat, the other is a brown hooded rat. Both boys. Both have very big personalities.

My cat's deathly afraid of them.

And trying to keep ARM entertained if that counts as something. He's never too far from me. He just walked in.
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:46 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:

Bye.
Why is the grandma on her knees with her mouth wide open flashing teeth? Neutral

Maybe caught in a funny moment. Don't be so critical. She's really cool. And she has her dream job (producer of a very popular TV show in Canada).

Dinny, are you in school? How's law school going for you?
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:54 pm

lilith wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:

Bye.

Maybe caught in a funny moment. Don't be so critical. She's really cool. And she has her dream job (producer of a very popular TV show in Canada).

Dinny, are you in school? How's law school going for you?
I'm talking about the one wearing black with sunglasses over their head. Isn't that you
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  StarFireSong Mon May 09, 2011 3:21 pm

Read this intriguing question & wanted to pick all y'all's brains:

When you read a book that doesn't indicate the color of a character's skin, do you automatically assume they're white? Or is the race not a consideration for you? Should writers include a description of skin color, or should it be left up to the readers to fill in as part of their mental image of that character?

What do you think?

Question brought to you by a woman who wrote in to a writing newspaper complaining that writers assume their characters are white.

StarFireSong

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Mon May 09, 2011 7:41 pm

StarFireSong wrote:Read this intriguing question & wanted to pick all y'all's brains:

When you read a book that doesn't indicate the color of a character's skin, do you automatically assume they're white? Or is the race not a consideration for you? Should writers include a description of skin color, or should it be left up to the readers to fill in as part of their mental image of that character?

What do you think?

Question brought to you by a woman who wrote in to a writing newspaper complaining that writers assume their characters are white.
Yea, I AZZume the character is a white girl or white boy. It's because whites are the majority in America.
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:20 am

Update: The film I was in is getting shown in the Atlantic Canada film festival (the short film part)! I feel like I was too nervous during filming to do a good job, but it's in there anyway!!
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:20 pm

lilith wrote:Update: The film I was in is getting shown in the Atlantic Canada film festival (the short film part)! I feel like I was too nervous during filming to do a good job, but it's in there anyway!!
Cancer boys in showbiz?
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:04 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
lilith wrote:Update: The film I was in is getting shown in the Atlantic Canada film festival (the short film part)! I feel like I was too nervous during filming to do a good job, but it's in there anyway!!
Cancer boys in showbiz?

???
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:34 pm

lilith wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Cancer boys in showbiz?

???
hi grandma Laughing
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:08 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
lilith wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Cancer boys in showbiz?

???
hi grandma Laughing

Silly, that's not me. That's the assistant producer (and she's awesome). I'm all the way to the left.
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Wags Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:05 am

Completely random, but I'm still trying to figure out whether the mermaid in Dinny's avatar has really big nipples, or really small breast cup... things. Which look like they'd fall off in real life unless you had some glue on them or your boobs were magnetic and so was the bra-thing.

That would feel so weird.

Mermaids must cast magic spells on their bras. I'm convinced.
Wags
Wags

Aries Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:36 am

Wags wrote:Completely random, but I'm still trying to figure out whether the mermaid in Dinny's avatar has really big nipples, or really small breast cup... things. Which look like they'd fall off in real life unless you had some glue on them or your boobs were magnetic and so was the bra-thing.

I don't even know, myself. @_@

I usually depict mermaids braless, though. Never understood why mermaids would require clothing at all.
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  StarFireSong Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:49 pm

Dinny wrote:
Wags wrote:Completely random, but I'm still trying to figure out whether the mermaid in Dinny's avatar has really big nipples, or really small breast cup... things. Which look like they'd fall off in real life unless you had some glue on them or your boobs were magnetic and so was the bra-thing.

I don't even know, myself. @_@

I usually depict mermaids braless, though. Never understood why mermaids would require clothing at all.

Wags, you slay me. I was LOLing for half an hour straight when I read your post.

Dinny: Wouldn't bras serve a useful purpose considering water's rather...buoyant nature when it comes to these parts?

OT: Why aren't the whatchamacallits not showing up on the main forum page? (The ones that let you know whether there's a new post in a particular forum.) Also, why aren't the buttons that appear in every person's posts showing either? & now that I notice it, some of the emoticons aren't showing up.

StarFireSong

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Does anybody still check this? What's everybody up to? I moved to another part of Canada to study space science in grad school. Just got here a couple of days ago so I can't say much more on that. That's it for now. Razz
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Aeterna Soul Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:44 am

I've recently wanted to get back into astrology & all of the interesting conversation that comes with it. I swear this forum has moved at least once before this. I don't even remember registering for this one but apparently I did! Maybe it looked different back then...

Anyways. I'm still alive. Wonder where the rest of the regulars are these days. I remember Crab/Claire, Locus Solus/Stalker, Dinny, Leon, ArgentFang, ARM, mi-cuit, bluescorp, chunky munky, and I'm sure there are others.

Looking back we created a very active community online and I have never seen another one like it. Many knowledgeable people, variety of experiences/perspectives, and one way or another connected it all to astrology (most of the time).

Maybe, just maybe, a reunion will occur... Smile

Sent from Topic'it App
Aeterna Soul
Aeterna Soul

Title : Wiseman
Gemini Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7