Constellation Chamber
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exercise and Health

+4
Dinny
mi-cuit
PapiChuloLeon
Arikus
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Exercise and Health - Page 2 Empty Re: Exercise and Health

Post  Monty Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:41 pm

Dinny wrote:
Monty wrote:I'm about to embark on an exercise regime rather soon but I do fear one problematic aspect to this. From where I've lost weight previously, I gained rather nasty stretch marks. I'm talking about ones that range from 2 inches to one I've got on my left side that's 7 inches long, It's really embarrasing. I understand for my health and perhaps my image in some aspect that it would be advisable to shed a stone or two. I've been toying with the idea to not go through with this because of the marks. Does anyone have any ideas/thoughts/solutions, you name it, that would stop me from gaining horrific marks?

love,

Josh.

Stretchmarks are a difficult issue. If they're superficial (they appear white or silvery) you can usually take care of them by religiously applying Vitamin E rich creams. If they're deeper (purple, red, etc) there's nothing you can do about them apart from surgery, and frankly they look more natural as stretchmarks than as surgery scars. Exercise and Health - Page 2 Icon_lol As for preventing getting new ones, only two pieces of advice: Take weight loss slowly/as gradually as you can, and make sure you're getting enough iodine in your diet. Lack of iodine = stretchmarks.

Mine are pinkish, I'd say. Would it be worth buying the Vitamin E creams? Iodine rich foods, pl0x? Thanks. Very Happy
Monty
Monty

Leo Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:08 pm

Dinny wrote:
Monty wrote:I'm about to embark on an exercise regime rather soon but I do fear one problematic aspect to this. From where I've lost weight previously, I gained rather nasty stretch marks. I'm talking about ones that range from 2 inches to one I've got on my left side that's 7 inches long, It's really embarrasing. I understand for my health and perhaps my image in some aspect that it would be advisable to shed a stone or two. I've been toying with the idea to not go through with this because of the marks. Does anyone have any ideas/thoughts/solutions, you name it, that would stop me from gaining horrific marks?

love,

Josh.

I get my exercise through eating potato chips. It's a journey to get out of bed to get them. I can feel the burn after using up all that energy to chew and swallow the chips.
Exercise and Health - Page 2 Icon_eek
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:01 am

Arikus wrote:Well, I'm fairly bored right now so I'll answer my own questions.

For exercise I work out a bit about an hour or so before I go to bed, this usually consists of push ups, crunches, leg lifts, and plank (I'm able to hold plank for 3 1/2 mins now.

I always meant to comment on this, as 3 and a half minutes is very impressive. I can suffer up to a minute. Side planks are satisfying too, but I can't figure out a way to not hurt my shoulder and elbow. Razz
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat

http://reactorfire.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:43 pm

Guest wrote:I bought myself a bicycle the other day. I got a Giant Boulder SE. It is blue with black wheels. It has not been a good week weather-wise to go riding but I have managed to put about 15 miles on it. I rode 5.5 miles the first day I got it which about killed me. I am soo out of shape.

I have a goal to lose 20 lbs. I weighed in at 210 lbs a week ago. I am 205 today. I have not changed my diet or exercise at all other than the bike. This week, I am going to cut out the sodas and candy. I have gotten in the habit of getting one of each out of the vending machine at work each day, a soda at lunch time and then sweet tea with my evening meal. I must go back to strictly water. My wife has a habit of buying candy and leaving it for me in the mornings. I have asked her to stop doing that. I have also got back into larger portions when I eat so that has to change today.

My goal is to come on here in ten days and be 200 lbs. I will assess a time for me to reach the next goal then. Ultimately, I want to be 185-190 lbs.
I can do it.

I hit 199 on 8/22 but I had a busy weekend and ate out a lot so I'm back up to 202. I had pizza (& Amish bread??) at the airfield when I went to my niece's birthday party (yes, they had 3 simgle-engine planes going non-stop for about 3 hours giving the kids rides.), had bbq the next day while out shopping (1/2 slab baby-back ribs, sliced pork, fries, baked beans, garlic bread), pizza again last night and some Popeye's chicken with red beans & rice yesterday. I need to go work out now. I just had salad for dinner. Baby green & red Romaine, green & red Oak, Tango & Lolla Rossa lettuces, shredded cheddar cheese, Campari tomatoes, grilled chicken breast, grated Parmesan cheese and a splash of Balsamic Vinaigrette...mmmm

Title : Master of All
Taurus Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Arikus Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:30 pm

lilith wrote:
Arikus wrote:Well, I'm fairly bored right now so I'll answer my own questions.

For exercise I work out a bit about an hour or so before I go to bed, this usually consists of push ups, crunches, leg lifts, and plank (I'm able to hold plank for 3 1/2 mins now.

I always meant to comment on this, as 3 and a half minutes is very impressive. I can suffer up to a minute. Side planks are satisfying too, but I can't figure out a way to not hurt my shoulder and elbow. Razz

Thank you!
XD It never occurred to me that you could do them sideways. I should try it out.
Arikus
Arikus

Title : Resourcerer
Aquarius Horse

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:22 am

I go to the gym daily now, occasionally twice daily. I have a personal training session every week, an ab sculpting class (30 mins), whole-body weights class (1 hour -- left me sore and impotent for five days the first time), body toning (45 mins -- my trainer even struggles with this), RPM (45 mins and I get sick every time but I still do it), and a step class (1 hour, the absolute worst/hardest, people get sick in this one all the time).

My trainer wants me to add a MMA class to that effective as of next week. Partially because she actually teaches it, being a title-holder in kickboxing/Muay Thai.

I am slowly becoming a gym junkie. I was there for an hour in the morning and two and a half hours this night.

Oh, and I'm going to see a few of my instructors at a bodybuilding comp... Video for you. This guy is my nutritional advisory and weights instructor. He came third in this competition (behind another guy who teaches at my gym and some random).

Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat

http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Argent Fang Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:26 pm

Dinny wrote:I go to the gym daily now, occasionally twice daily. I have a personal training session every week, an ab sculpting class (30 mins), whole-body weights class (1 hour -- left me sore and impotent for five days the first time), body toning (45 mins -- my trainer even struggles with this), RPM (45 mins and I get sick every time but I still do it), and a step class (1 hour, the absolute worst/hardest, people get sick in this one all the time).

My trainer wants me to add a MMA class to that effective as of next week. Partially because she actually teaches it, being a title-holder in kickboxing/Muay Thai.

I am slowly becoming a gym junkie. I was there for an hour in the morning and two and a half hours this night.

Oh, and I'm going to see a few of my instructors at a bodybuilding comp... Video for you. This guy is my nutritional advisory and weights instructor. He came third in this competition (behind another guy who teaches at my gym and some random).

That sounds quite rigorous, theraputic and effective all at the same time. I need to get back in the swing of exercising regularly so I'm probably going to check out the local YMCA, check out their facilities/programs and sign up. I miss my punching bag... Sad
Argent Fang
Argent Fang

Title : Fledgling Author/Bounty Hunter
Gemini Dog

http://www.argentfangs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 24, 2011 7:36 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:I bought myself a bicycle the other day. I got a Giant Boulder SE. It is blue with black wheels. It has not been a good week weather-wise to go riding but I have managed to put about 15 miles on it. I rode 5.5 miles the first day I got it which about killed me. I am soo out of shape.

I have a goal to lose 20 lbs. I weighed in at 210 lbs a week ago. I am 205 today. I have not changed my diet or exercise at all other than the bike. This week, I am going to cut out the sodas and candy. I have gotten in the habit of getting one of each out of the vending machine at work each day, a soda at lunch time and then sweet tea with my evening meal. I must go back to strictly water. My wife has a habit of buying candy and leaving it for me in the mornings. I have asked her to stop doing that. I have also got back into larger portions when I eat so that has to change today.

My goal is to come on here in ten days and be 200 lbs. I will assess a time for me to reach the next goal then. Ultimately, I want to be 185-190 lbs.
I can do it.

I hit 199 on 8/22 but I had a busy weekend and ate out a lot so I'm back up to 202. I had pizza (& Amish bread??) at the airfield when I went to my niece's birthday party (yes, they had 3 simgle-engine planes going non-stop for about 3 hours giving the kids rides.), had bbq the next day while out shopping (1/2 slab baby-back ribs, sliced pork, fries, baked beans, garlic bread), pizza again last night and some Popeye's chicken with red beans & rice yesterday. I need to go work out now. I just had salad for dinner. Baby green & red Romaine, green & red Oak, Tango & Lolla Rossa lettuces, shredded cheddar cheese, Campari tomatoes, grilled chicken breast, grated Parmesan cheese and a splash of Balsamic Vinaigrette...mmmm

I started at 214 lbs and got down to 193 (-21 lbs!). Then, the infamous Cap stopped talking to me again, the holidays came and then I tore a tendon in my left ankle while kicking a heavy bag. I was in a boot for 6 weeks after the crutches. I shot back up to 216 (heaviest weight ever!!). I am starting to ease into working out and changing habits again. I was riding my bike 12-18 miles a day, 2 miles on the treadmill at 6 mph, crunches, pushups and basic yoga. It's time to start again. I dusted off my mountain bike and rode 6 miles the other night. My wife went with me so that was all we did, but it was a good start after being off it for 7-8 months. I decided I want to get a little more serious about riding so I bought a Motobecane Immortal Spirit with Shimano Ultegra components and American Classic 420 wheels. I took it out for a short ride yesterday (same 6 miles) just to try it out. The carbon fiber is a lot stiffer than any alloy bike I've ever ridden.
Exercise and Health - Page 2 001-3

Title : Master of All
Taurus Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2