Constellation Chamber
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parental influence in natal chart?

4 posters

Go down

Parental influence in natal chart? Empty Parental influence in natal chart?

Post  Wags Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:00 pm

Perhaps a discussion on this once existed, perhaps it didn't.

Do you think your parents' signs have any influence over you or your natal chart?

Or is this adding one more aspect too many to consider and evaluate your personality with? They're the ones who raise you (well, usually) so shouldn't you take on some of their personality?

I'm an Aries with an Aries mother and Pisces father. Though Pisces does not appear much at all in my chart, should Pisces be considered a significant influence? Not that this is empirical evidence (then again, empirical evidence is nonexistent in astrology Razz), but I've got notable characteristics in common with solar Pisceans. Thing is, if I had a list of every sign's essential personality traits, and marked which ones resonate with me, I'd probably have an equal amount in common with most of them.

I don't think it'd be much of a stretch to say that you might adopt traits from the signs of your parents.

Whatchu think?
Wags
Wags

Aries Goat

Back to top Go down

Parental influence in natal chart? Empty Re: Parental influence in natal chart?

Post  PapiChuloLeon Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:17 pm

Wags wrote:Perhaps a discussion on this once existed, perhaps it didn't.

Do you think your parents' signs have any influence over you or your natal chart?

Or is this adding one more aspect too many to consider and evaluate your personality with? They're the ones who raise you (well, usually) so shouldn't you take on some of their personality?

I'm an Aries with an Aries mother and Pisces father. Though Pisces does not appear much at all in my chart, should Pisces be considered a significant influence? Not that this is empirical evidence (then again, empirical evidence is nonexistent in astrology Razz), but I've got notable characteristics in common with solar Pisceans. Thing is, if I had a list of every sign's essential personality traits, and marked which ones resonate with me, I'd probably have an equal amount in common with most of them.

I don't think it'd be much of a stretch to say that you might adopt traits from the signs of your parents.

Whatchu think?
Happens all the time, white boy.

My father has a Scorpio Moon. Scorpio is my Sun sign. My mother has an Aquarius Sun. Aquarius is my Moon sign.

PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover

Back to top Go down

Post  StarFireSong Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:59 pm

Hmm. My dad & I share a sign in a major placement: he's a Sagi sun & I'm Sagi ascendant. My mom's a Libra sun. Off the top of my head, I don't think I have anything in Libra in my natal chart. She did play a major role in my life as I was such a mommy's girl growing up. I look like my dad & am similar to him personality-wise (quiet, easygoing, take things as they are--with the occasional blowup, more openminded, etc.), but the way I act--my facial expressions, gestures, etc., is most like my mother. There have been multiple occasions where people took us for (twin!!) sisters.

I don't know anything else about their charts other than their suns, so I can't really answer this more completely. Sorry, Wags.

StarFireSong

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:38 am

Nice topic

Let's see, well my dad has an Aqua/Sun, and my mom has a Can/Sun, in a way I am very much like them both. My dad loves to talk and put on a show in front of people, he just has that way about him, that communicating comes so natural to him. It's not much of surprise, tho, he has a Lib/Asc/Moon. When I am around different groups of people I am just like him (so I am told Rolling Eyes), However, I am more like my mother when I am just around my intermediate family members. Funny thing is whenever my nasty/mean side comes out to play, he tell me I am just like her and that my bad attitude comes from her side, yada, yada, yada. My mom is beyond nice (too nice) and sweet, and soft spoken, but when she is mad.........all hell breaks loose, have you ever seen a Cancer mad? It's not pretty. Shaking Head
MKing
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:24 am

StarFireSong wrote:Hmm. My dad & I share a sign in a major placement: he's a Sagi sun & I'm Sagi ascendant. My mom's a Libra sun. Off the top of my head, I don't think I have anything in Libra in my natal chart. She did play a major role in my life as I was such a mommy's girl growing up. I look like my dad & am similar to him personality-wise (quiet, easygoing, take things as they are--with the occasional blowup, more openminded, etc.), but the way I act--my facial expressions, gestures, etc., is most like my mother. There have been multiple occasions where people took us for (twin!!) sisters.

I don't know anything else about their charts other than their suns, so I can't really answer this more completely. Sorry, Wags.
What degrees are his Sun and your ASC on?
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:25 am

Have you guys ever heard of the theory that the sign on your 4th house represents your father's energy and the one on the 10th reps mama?

PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  StarFireSong Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:41 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:What degrees are his Sun and your ASC on?

Dunno. Don't know my parents' birth times, & they're a bit leery of astrology, so I tend to leave well enough alone. I asked my grandma but she doesn't remember the time he was born, so it's pretty much a moot point, lol. Shaking Head

Last edited by StarFireSong on Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total

StarFireSong

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:04 am

StarFireSong wrote:[quote="PapiChuloLeon]What degrees are his Sun and your ASC on?

Dunno. Don't know my parents' birth times, & they're a bit leery of astrology, so I tend to leave well enough alone. I asked my grandma but she doesn't remember the time he was born, so it's pretty much a moot point, lol. Shaking Head [/quote]This book I read explained that family members often have very similar degrees for the same signs.
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  Wags Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:53 pm

Mking wrote:have you ever seen a Cancer mad? It's not pretty. Shaking Head

Yes, and it's not. Don't want to fall into their path when they get mad.

@Star- That's fine, I was just going for sun sign connections at the very least. Though you and Mking seemed to have confirmed that something in the parents' charts can sort of... leak? over into your charts, even if their suns don't match anything in your charts. ...if that made sense, worded strangely. Basically reiterating my first post. Interesting that you have Sagittarius rising and your father is a Sagittarius Sun, yet people tell you you look and behave (ascendant quality) like your Libra Sun mother.

People tell me I look more like my mother (Aries sun, Pisces moon/rising) but I can't say which of my parents I generally behave like. My dad is loud, obnoxious, rude at times, but also the more sensitive and understanding of the two, imo. Mom detaches herself I think, so I suppose I act more calm and collected like her, with my dad's impulsive and soft side thrown in. I don't think I really act like either of them lol.

Mking wrote:When I am around different groups of people I am just like him (so I am told ), However, I am more like my mother when I am just around my intermediate family members.

That's an interesting point. I might be the same as you, acting more like one parent in certain social settings, then acting like the other in maybe more relaxed social settings. In more relaxed, I guess I take after dad.

PapiChuloLeon wrote:Have you guys ever heard of the theory that the sign on your 4th house represents your father's energy and the one on the 10th reps mama?

No, where did you hear this?

I would've thought 4th and 5th represent mom and dad, respectively.

EDIT: I just typed 4th house into google and found something to back your "4th house represents dad's energy and 10th house represents mother's"

http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/fourthhouse.htm
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/tenthhouse.htm
Wags
Wags

Aries Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:26 pm

Wags wrote:People tell me I look more like my mother (Aries sun, Pisces moon/rising) but I can't say which of my parents I generally behave like. My dad is loud, obnoxious, rude at times, but also the more sensitive and understanding of the two, imo. Mom detaches herself I think, so I suppose I act more calm and collected like her, with my dad's impulsive and soft side thrown in. I don't think I really act like either of them lol.
Does your mother's Moon and Ascendant make conjunctions to your father's Sun?

Aspects between two peoples Suns, Moons, and Ascendants are supposed to be very important for relationships. The conjunction and opposition being the most significant.

Wags wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:Have you guys ever heard of the theory that the sign on your 4th house represents your father's energy and the one on the 10th reps mama?

No, where did you hear this?

I would've thought 4th and 5th represent mom and dad, respectively.

EDIT: I just typed 4th house into google and found something to back your "4th house represents dad's energy and 10th house represents mother's"

http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/fourthhouse.htm
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/tenthhouse.htm
That theory applies perfectly to my life. My 4th house Cusp is on Scorpio, and my dad is silent, brooding, and emotionally volatile. My 10th house Cusp is Taurus, and my mom is cool headed, down to earth, and keeps shit stable.

What's your natal chart look like? Does the theory apply to your life?
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  Wags Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:39 am

PapiChuloLeon wrote:Does your mother's Moon and Ascendant make conjunctions to your father's Sun?

Aspects between two peoples Suns, Moons, and Ascendants are supposed to be very important for relationships. The conjunction and opposition being the most significant.

Don't know the degrees but maybe. They got along well enough when they were together, just that some other woman came along and snatched mr. Pisces away. When my parents were together they rarely fought, with the exception that he did make a couple of douche-bag moves but... overall compatibility seemed great even to other people they knew.

PapiChuloLeon wrote:That theory applies perfectly to my life. My 4th house Cusp is on Scorpio, and my dad is silent, brooding, and emotionally volatile. My 10th house Cusp is Taurus, and my mom is cool headed, down to earth, and keeps shit stable.

It applies to an extent. My 4th house is Aquarius and 10th Leo.

10th in Leo definitely fits my mom. Bossy, controlling, protective, stubborn, lazy at times. But there's a steady quality there too.

4th in Aquarius could fit perhaps. My dad is pretty quirky, though eccentric would be a stretch. He's just loud and vies for attention in social settings, he comes from a large family. You didn't get noticed for being silent. I can't think of any other Aquarian traits that he has. Granted, I don't know the guy too well.

That's neat though. I'm glad you brought that up.
Wags
Wags

Aries Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:21 pm

Wags wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:Does your mother's Moon and Ascendant make conjunctions to your father's Sun?

Don't know the degrees but maybe. They got along well enough when they were together, just that some other woman came along and snatched mr. Pisces away. When my parents were together they rarely fought, with the exception that he did make a couple of douche-bag moves but... overall compatibility seemed great even to other people they knew.
Sounds like Mr.Charming. I want to be like that when I grow up. Very Happy

Wags wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:That theory applies perfectly to my life. My 4th house Cusp is on Scorpio, and my dad is silent, brooding, and emotionally volatile. My 10th house Cusp is Taurus, and my mom is cool headed, down to earth, and keeps shit stable.

It applies to an extent. My 4th house is Aquarius and 10th Leo.

10th in Leo definitely fits my mom. Bossy, controlling, protective, stubborn, lazy at times. But there's a steady quality there too.

4th in Aquarius could fit perhaps. My dad is pretty quirky, though eccentric would be a stretch. He's just loud and vies for attention in social settings, he comes from a large family. You didn't get noticed for being silent. I can't think of any other Aquarian traits that he has. Granted, I don't know the guy too well.

That's neat though. I'm glad you brought that up.
What does your dad's natal chart look like? He sounds louder than the typical Pisces.
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down