Constellation Chamber
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Astrological Resources

+2
lilith
Monty
6 posters

Go down

Astrological Resources Empty Astrological Resources

Post  Monty Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:31 am

If any of you guys and gals are like me, you'll want to take advantage of the free resources out there on the internet. I'm in no way endorsing the use of pirating however there is an alternative solution to this, I'm pretty sure Clare is familiar with this.

The intention of this thread would be to store any necessary articles of information concerning the topic of ARSESTRULOJEE!

Linda Goodman's Sun Signs;
http://www.cyberspacei.com/englishwiz/library/names/zodiac/contents.htm

Linda Goodman's Love Signs;
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AZRFG4VB

Possible Leon's Request by the two same said authors;
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2BOMHIQ9

Any suggestions? Please post them and I shall edit this post and put them on here.

Last edited by Monty on Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Monty
Monty

Leo Monkey

Back to top Go down

Astrological Resources Empty Re: Astrological Resources

Post  lilith Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:14 am

I've been looking for that! Thanks so much!
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat

http://reactorfire.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:32 am

Ohhh, I love that site. Even now the way she talks about the signs is really inspirational, it gives me some ideas for some good story characters. This was the site I loved and used a lot before I found Nova's thing. And Nova's site is basically a super-condensed version of Linda Goodman's book.

I don't think I have anything worthwhile to contribute, the only astrology site I use a lot is http://www.astrodienst.com/

Thank you for that link, I'm definitely going to be doing some reading tonight. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat

http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Argent Fang Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:56 pm

I use Astro.com all the time whenever I happen to think about the subject.

Here's another one I remember from the previous forum: Clairvision Virtual Astrologer

Oh and Josh's link was pretty cool. I just wish it went into greater detail than just the sun signs but for what it is, it's quite in-depth.
Argent Fang
Argent Fang

Title : Fledgling Author/Bounty Hunter
Gemini Dog

http://www.argentfangs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:42 pm

Ooh ooh, don't forget cafeastrology. I was into synastry for a little while and that's a good resource for it if you're into the sort of thing.
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat

http://reactorfire.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Monty Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:40 am

Updated!
Monty
Monty

Leo Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:08 am

Monty wrote:Updated!

Omg, you are officially the best. Astrological Resources 51772

Edit: Bah, Love Signs wasn't as good as Sun Signs. I want to brick Linda Goodman officially now. She just jabbers on and on and on about nothing here. She's kind of amusing, what with her wicked sense of humor and treasure trove of personal anecdotes, but... I don't know. The best example I can give you is when I looked at the Virgo/Virgo section (naturally the first I look at, before I go to others) and she spent the entire chapter A) Relating an anecdote about a Virgoan couple she knew where the man stayed up and calculated the movement of the planets at ten minute intervals while his Virgo girlfriend was subtly trying to invite him into bed, B) Making a prayer to St. Francis and talking about religion and saints, and C) Pulling the old crap of "don't be critical and forgive mistakes".

I only liked sun signs because it gave me inspiration for some characters anyway.
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat

http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Monty Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:57 pm

Anything else? Just request and I'll hunt it down!
Monty
Monty

Leo Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:41 pm

Dinny wrote:
Monty wrote:Updated!

Omg, you are officially the best. Astrological Resources 51772

Edit: Bah, Love Signs wasn't as good as Sun Signs. I want to brick Linda Goodman officially now. She just jabbers on and on and on about nothing here. She's kind of amusing, what with her wicked sense of humor and treasure trove of personal anecdotes, but... I don't know. The best example I can give you is when I looked at the Virgo/Virgo section (naturally the first I look at, before I go to others) and she spent the entire chapter A) Relating an anecdote about a Virgoan couple she knew where the man stayed up and calculated the movement of the planets at ten minute intervals while his Virgo girlfriend was subtly trying to invite him into bed, B) Making a prayer to St. Francis and talking about religion and saints, and C) Pulling the old crap of "don't be critical and forgive mistakes".

I only liked sun signs because it gave me inspiration for some characters anyway.
You have been exposed. Planetary calculations are moar interesting. The truth hurts. Neutral

Last edited by PapiChuloLeon on Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:43 pm

Monty wrote:Anything else? Just request and I'll hunt it down!
Can you hunt down some AZZtrology books dedicated just to physical appearance? I don't know any specific titles, but I know there are ones that really go in depth. They even have facial examples of each duad within the sign.
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  Monty Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:03 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Can you hunt down some AZZtrology books dedicated just to physical appearance? I don't know any specific titles, but I know there are ones that really go in depth. They even have facial examples of each duad within the sign.

No title, no can do really. I can try and hunt one down but I can't promise it unless there's an article called "Physical Astrology" or something. Shocked
Monty
Monty

Leo Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:50 pm

Monty wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:

No title, no can do really. I can try and hunt one down but I can't promise it unless there's an article called "Physical Astrology" or something. Shocked
Found it:

The Zodiac Within Each Sign: Interpreting the Horoscope with Decanates and Duads. By Frances Sakoian and Louis Acker.

http://www.amazon.com/Zodiac-Within-Each-Sign-Interpreting/dp/B000K20V48/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1286949231&sr=1-1
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  Monty Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:07 am

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Monty wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:

Found it:

The Zodiac Within Each Sign: Interpreting the Horoscope with Decanates and Duads. By Frances Sakoian and Louis Acker.

http://www.amazon.com/Zodiac-Within-Each-Sign-Interpreting/dp/B000K20V48/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1286949231&sr=1-1

Alright then, give me a couple of days to find it and I'll upload it in my primary message. Smile
Monty
Monty

Leo Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:20 am

Monty wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Monty wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:

Found it:

Alright then, give me a couple of days to find it and I'll upload it in my primary message. Smile
Sounds good, CHUNK-MUNK. We are counting on you.
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  Monty Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:53 am

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Monty wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Monty wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:

Found it:

Upon first inspection, I cross referenced both authors and this new piece came up (Refer to first post for media)!
Monty
Monty

Leo Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:43 pm

Monty wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Monty wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Monty wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:

Found it:

Upon first inspection, I cross referenced both authors and this new piece came up (Refer to first post for media)!
All I see so far are the Linda Goodman books in the first post? scratch
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  Monty Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:57 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Monty wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Monty wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Monty wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:

Found it:

All I see so far are the Linda Goodman books in the first post? scratch

Timed out and I fell asleep! It's been updated now anyway. Razz
Monty
Monty

Leo Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Wags Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Dinny wrote:
Edit: Bah, Love Signs wasn't as good as Sun Signs. I want to brick Linda Goodman officially now. She just jabbers on and on and on about nothing here.

It's for this reason I didn't like her sun signs at all, though I only read Aries (also have a tendency to start with my sign Razz) but even then... all of her 500 paragraphs consisted of was how Ariens, especially into adulthood, are so childlike and naive and inconsiderate and this that and the other thing.

Good fucking grief. It's like you couldn't get her off of that point even if you shoved her with running momentum. Her writing style is interesting, but she doesn't really say anything that I haven't read on other astrology sites. Maybe I'm just being picky.

As for internet sources... I've got nothing new to contribute, except for Nova since no one has mentioned it. I really enjoy Nova despite the lack of Sagittarius through Pisces. The organization, the different aspects per sign, the depth, and the nice writing makes for a great site. But we all know how to get to Nova, so... yeah.

I also like Cafeastrology if I want to look something up quickly. Like Lilith said the synastry section is great. Likewise the aspects and planet points. There's a lot of links that link to other links, but if you can get used to navigation, it's a tight site.

For non-internet sources (I know you didn't ask for it Monty) I really enjoy Jonathan Cainer's book of the Zodiac, and recommend it to you guys. His ''Sideways Glance" at each of the signs is quite refreshing as he gives a different perspective for each sign. Kind of like revealing a hidden dimension that gets easily overlooked due to the stereotypes associated with the signs.
Wags
Wags

Aries Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum