Constellation Chamber
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Two Sides of the Brain

4 posters

Go down

The Two Sides of the Brain Empty The Two Sides of the Brain

Post  PapiChuloLeon Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:31 pm

Which one is your dominant one? Leon is ridiculously right brained.
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover

Back to top Go down

The Two Sides of the Brain Empty Re: The Two Sides of the Brain

Post  lilith Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:53 pm

I've never felt one was dominant over the other.
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat

http://reactorfire.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Argent Fang Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:45 pm

Maybe not dominant, but everyone processes information differently all the same. I tend to view heart over head people as favoring the right side of their brain more than the left simply because it's the side that has the artistic inclinations.

As for me, I like to think I use both sides equally, but I tend to favor logic more than emotions so I think my left side is a bit more refined.
Argent Fang
Argent Fang

Title : Fledgling Author/Bounty Hunter
Gemini Dog

http://www.argentfangs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:51 pm

Argent Fang wrote:Maybe not dominant, but everyone processes information differently all the same. I tend to view heart over head people as favoring the right side of their brain more than the left simply because it's the side that has the artistic inclinations.

As for me, I like to think I use both sides equally, but I tend to favor logic more than emotions so I think my left side is a bit more refined.
Why is that?
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  Argent Fang Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:04 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Argent Fang wrote:Maybe not dominant, but everyone processes information differently all the same. I tend to view heart over head people as favoring the right side of their brain more than the left simply because it's the side that has the artistic inclinations.

Why is that?

Emotions often cloud people's better judgement from what I have observed. Now I understand that sometimes you don't always have the luxury of taking a step away from a problem and deciding the best course of action with say...a boxing match for instance, but I earnestly think that a lot of the problems people face can be mitigated with proper application of logic.
Argent Fang
Argent Fang

Gemini Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:11 pm

Argent Fang wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:

Why is that?

Emotions often cloud people's better judgement from what I have observed. Now I understand that sometimes you don't always have the luxury of taking a step away from a problem and deciding the best course of action with say...a boxing match for instance, but I earnestly think that a lot of the problems people face can be mitigated with proper application of logic.
Buying shit we don't need.
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:23 pm

I don't really know. A bit more left-brained I think, but not necessarily. My masseur can tell whether a person is using their right brain or left brain more from certain areas in the body where there is more tension and where there are certain reflexes, and she tells me that my left is usually a lot more active than my right.
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat

http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:47 am

Dinny wrote:I don't really know. A bit more left-brained I think, but not necessarily. My masseur can tell whether a person is using their right brain or left brain more from certain areas in the body where there is more tension and where there are certain reflexes, and she tells me that my left is usually a lot more active than my right.
I didn't know you're that manly. Shocked
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:36 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Dinny wrote:I don't really know. A bit more left-brained I think, but not necessarily. My masseur can tell whether a person is using their right brain or left brain more from certain areas in the body where there is more tension and where there are certain reflexes, and she tells me that my left is usually a lot more active than my right.

I'm kind of manly. I forgot to mention, but I also cut all of my hair off. I have short hair now.
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:47 pm

Dinny wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:

I'm kind of manly. I forgot to mention, but I also cut all of my hair off. I have short hair now.
You should have ran a lawn mower over your head. Smile
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:43 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Dinny wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:

Hehehaha, not THAT short. I'll take a picture later.
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Argent Fang Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:51 pm

Dinny wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Dinny wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:

Do you have lots of feats?
Argent Fang
Argent Fang

Gemini Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:03 pm

Argent Fang wrote:
Dinny wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Dinny wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:

:> *Blank stare*

What?
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Argent Fang Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:53 am

Dinny wrote:
Argent Fang wrote:
Dinny wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Dinny wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:

:> *Blank stare*

What?

Inside joke amongst my friends; the more feats you have, the more manly you are.

This stems from a fresh D&D campaign when we were making new characters and we were suggesting other classes to a player that only played monks or fighters. One of us suggested he try a ranger with which he responded, "I don't like rangers, they're not manly enough."

He then went on to describe how much he liked fighters because they had more feats which therefore made them more manly.
Argent Fang
Argent Fang

Gemini Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:58 am

Ohh, I see. I don't know how manly I am then, I don't keep track of my feats. Shocked Laughing
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: