Constellation Chamber
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

educate me on smart phones

5 posters

Go down

educate me on smart phones Empty educate me on smart phones

Post  Guest Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:34 pm

I've has this old razr for a few years now and decided it's time to upgrade a little. I know a few people with iphone 3gs and none have any complaints. My wife wants an iphone 4. I have another friend that says android phones are the way to go but he doesn't own one. Educate me on the differences, pros & cons of each, etc.

I talk a lot, text a fair amount (not compared to my 17 yr olds 3500+ texts/ month!! I'd like to be able to take pics, videos, etc and upload them to the internet, peruse my favorite sites, etc.

Title : Master of All
Taurus Dog

Back to top Go down

educate me on smart phones Empty Re: educate me on smart phones

Post  lilith Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:55 pm

That's a text every 12-13 minutes, day and night. Laughing
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat

http://reactorfire.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:10 am

lilith wrote:That's a text every 12-13 minutes, day and night. Laughing

Only a Math nerd would say something like that. Lmao

I have no idea about smart phones as I've never owned one or felt the inclination to own one. Mine texts and calls and has customizable ringtones and wallpapers, and an alarm, that's all I really want in a phone.

Ask Dr. ARM, he's owned a Blackberry and a... whatever the hell he has now, but it's a smart phone.
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat

http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  mi-cuit Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:55 am

Teach me, Dr. ARM. I'm looking for a reasonably priced phone plan with maybe a blackberry. Also, there's this. Thoughts?
mi-cuit
mi-cuit

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. ARM Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:27 pm

That looks good. Only problem with Blackberries is the fact that most phone services are charging you an extra monthly fee simply for having a smart phone. I had a Blackberry Curve for a long while because I received it before the enormous price-hike occurred and I was excluded from that fee. Then it broke and now I no longer have a smart phone. Smart phones are effectively just phones with overpriced internet capabilities. I'm not sure if this holds with every phone service, but it does with AT&T and Verizon. Be sure to ask about it when you're down at your local phone store.
Dr. ARM
Dr. ARM
Admin

Title : Mad Scientist
Virgo Horse

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:59 pm

I've been busy lately so I still haven't done any research on this. I need to figure out what I want (not need) and see how much my bill will run each month. I pay $173/ month now for four phones (AT&T Family 2100 plan plus unlimited text) I may add another line, plus make two of them smart phones so that's going to put me in the $250/ month range with the data plans. I'm not sure I want to spend that much on phones.

Taurus Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:19 pm

Well, I ended up buying a couple of Samsung Captivates and a couple of LG Vus. I really like a lot of the features but the camera is...well, it sucks. It doesn't even have a flash! I do like the Android system though. I am anti-i-anything really. I still have time to return this phone though. The Mrs. wanted an iphone 4 and she's not crazy about the Captivate so she may still get one of those. We'll see.

This thing even makes phone calls!!

Taurus Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum