Constellation Chamber
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Restored: Enneagram Personality Types

+7
Monty
lilith
PapiChuloLeon
Arikus
Dr. ARM
BeholdAstarte
Dinny
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Restored: Enneagram Personality Types - Page 2 Empty Re: Restored: Enneagram Personality Types

Post  lilith Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:21 am

Eh, I don't either.
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat

http://reactorfire.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Restored: Enneagram Personality Types - Page 2 Empty Re: Restored: Enneagram Personality Types

Post  MKing Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:26 pm

Thanks, Star. That made it waaaaaayyyyy easier. That other test has too many questions, just to figure out one's persona. LOL I forgot my results from the last time. Restored: Enneagram Personality Types - Page 2 Icon_sad

Enneagram Type 8

Leader, Solution Master, Maverick, Protector or Intimidator

You want to be open, honest, direct and straightforward. Most importantly, you want to be independent, make your own decisions and direct your own course. You may have problems with being excessive and going to extremes. Under stress you may be intense, overpowering and unwilling to self-limit. At your best, you are protective, offer leadership and are magnanimous
MKing
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  Argent Fang Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:25 pm

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||||| 64%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||| 52%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||| 38%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||| 42%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||||||| 71%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||| 50%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||| 54%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||| 54%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||| 61%

Not surprising that 5 is the highest for me...

5. The thinker - The withdrawn power-seeker.

"Nothing interferes with my concentration. You could put on an orgy in my office and I wouldn't look up. Well, maybe once." - Isaac Asimov

5s identify more strongly with their thoughts than any other personality. To others, 5s are known for their sharp intellect, strong need for independence and privacy, and intensity of their cerebral interests. 5s are intensely interested in explaining the world and predicting what it will do next. This derives partly from scientific curiosity, and partly because they sense much of the world to be hostile and unreliable, requiring that they use their minds to defend against its threats. The 5 is the prototypical scientist "type", although not all 5s are scientists, and not all scientists are 5s. Whatever their profession, 5s bring a strong desire to investigate, observe, and understand an issue deeply and provocatively. Fives are unusually independent and self-motivated, with a strong need for privacy, and others sometimes have no idea what the five is working on until it is finished and unveiled. Some of the greatest minds in history were fives whose ideas challenged the conventional wisdom, forcing those around them to think differently.

Unfortunately, the average 5's independence often leads to social isolation, and the 5's need for intellectual control can also be off-putting to others. Many 5s develop a cynical worldview, which sharpens their perceptions but also intensifies their isolation. Their independence makes their thinking very idiosyncratic, leading to either brilliance or weirdness, or both. As with all the types, healthy 5s can transcend this pitfall of their personality, and 5s that do make this effort can become as brilliant in their social understanding as in anything else.

Famous 5s: William Rhenquist, Stephen Hawking, Francis Crick, Helen Keller, Wittgenstein, Arthur C. Clarke
Famous 5w4s: Sigmund Freud, Nikola Tesla
Famous 5w6s: Charles Darwin, Frederich Nietzsche, David Lynch, Isaac Newton

Comparisons with other types: See 1.
Argent Fang
Argent Fang

Title : Fledgling Author/Bounty Hunter
Gemini Dog

http://www.argentfangs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:42 pm

^ Definitely you. Sharing a type with Nikola Tesla? That's badass.
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat

http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  mi-cuit Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:30 am

I took it again as I couldn't remember what I got the first time. Here are the results:

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||| 51%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||| 37%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||| 60%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||||| 57%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||| 54%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||||| 51%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||| 47%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||| 42%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||| 52%

I guess that makes a 3w4?
mi-cuit
mi-cuit

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2