Constellation Chamber
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Etiquette?

3 posters

Go down

Etiquette? Empty Etiquette?

Post  PapiChuloLeon Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:06 pm

Do you open doors for other people, give up your handout to the next person when the teacher didn't hand out enough, open car doors for her, stand up at tables, walk on the street side of the sidewalk, handout plates to everyone else before grabbing one for yourself, pull out a chair for her first, etc?

I don't know about walking on the street side of the sidewalk. I might like someone, but I would not be willing to get hit by a car for anyone!
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover

Back to top Go down

Etiquette? Empty Re: Etiquette?

Post  Dinny Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:09 am

Yeah, I place a lot of emphasis on etiquette. But like you said, I guess there still needs to be some element of self-preservation. Razz

I will very often sacrifice something though. I'm always the one volunteering to do crap like stay behind and clean up (I always clean up parties), helping my teachers/lecturers carry their stuff back to their offices if they have piles upon piles of stuff, etc.

There are many things to dislike about me, but I'm still the most reliable/responsible person you'll ever meet. I don't flinch from making that statement. I can't even put my finger on how many times I've done other people's dirty work or sacrificed something of mine, purely because if I'm in a position to help, it is my duty to do so and failing to do so would be immoral. Also, golden rule.

As far as general etiquette goes, I always hold doors/lifts, run across crossings (as opposed to people who slowly lumber across a pedestrian crossing and hold up everyone by still being there when the light turns green again), so on.

One of the most interesting experiences was when someone who hated me very much dropped his book in the stairwell, and his papers were scattered across two floors and several staircases. I went along picking them up, placed them in order, straightened out all of the creases as best I could and gave them back to him, and he had no idea how to react.
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat

http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:49 am

Dinny wrote:Yeah, I place a lot of emphasis on etiquette. But like you said, I guess there still needs to be some element of self-preservation. Razz

I will very often sacrifice something though. I'm always the one volunteering to do crap like stay behind and clean up (I always clean up parties), helping my teachers/lecturers carry their stuff back to their offices if they have piles upon piles of stuff, etc.

There are many things to dislike about me, but I'm still the most reliable/responsible person you'll ever meet. I don't flinch from making that statement. I can't even put my finger on how many times I've done other people's dirty work or sacrificed something of mine, purely because if I'm in a position to help, it is my duty to do so and failing to do so would be immoral. Also, golden rule.

As far as general etiquette goes, I always hold doors/lifts, run across crossings (as opposed to people who slowly lumber across a pedestrian crossing and hold up everyone by still being there when the light turns green again), so on.

One of the most interesting experiences was when someone who hated me very much dropped his book in the stairwell, and his papers were scattered across two floors and several staircases. I went along picking them up, placed them in order, straightened out all of the creases as best I could and gave them back to him, and he had no idea how to react.
Hugs, cunnilingus if she smells good.
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:41 pm

Yes, I will hold a door for anyone, pull a chair for a female (if on a date), stand for her to sit if it is a semi-formal/ formal event, etc. I've never heard of the "walk on the street side" one but I do that with children automatically. I do not like rude people and I try not to be one. I do not like holding the door for people at the post office though (I still do) because I tend to go there on my lunch break and am usually a bit pressed for time so letting them go ahead of me just gets me back to work that much later. I'm in management so it really doesn't matter if IO am late but it still irks me.

Title : Master of All
Taurus Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum