Constellation Chamber
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watching Movies in Theaters

+2
lilith
PapiChuloLeon
6 posters

Go down

Watching Movies in Theaters Empty Watching Movies in Theaters

Post  PapiChuloLeon Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:13 pm

I don't watch movies much, but does anyone here make an orgasm noise like a silly hoe whenever there's a violent scene? Say someone got their brains blown out, a bitch gets falcon punched, an animal gets killed during the hunt, etc. Is this an American thing? Neutral
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover

Back to top Go down

Watching Movies in Theaters Empty Re: Watching Movies in Theaters

Post  lilith Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:12 pm

I think so as American films are among the most gory of them all. I think gory-ness is seen as something unreal because no one here sees it on a daily basis, so it's funny when it 'happens'. How many WWII veterans, just as an example, do you think pay money to watch others getting shot on screen?
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat

http://reactorfire.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:13 pm

lilith wrote:I think so as American films are among the most gory of them all. I think gory-ness is seen as something unreal because no one here sees it on a daily basis, so it's funny when it 'happens'. How many WWII veterans, just as an example, do you think pay money to watch others getting shot on screen?
Not sure.

Quite a few military men will only feel like they did a job well done after getting the first kill in their career. There's not much enjoyment in the actual killing, but there is in doing a job most wouldn't do. That person they just killed will no longer be able to kill any allied troops. These people are very professional about killing.

Then you have boys in the infantry who love it there since they get to kill people.

I never had much fascination with seeing random people suffer in pain. That's why I don't be watching movies like Saw. I like boxing for the science and art behind it.
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:05 pm

lilith wrote:I think so as American films are among the most gory of them all. I think gory-ness is seen as something unreal because no one here sees it on a daily basis, so it's funny when it 'happens'. How many WWII veterans, just as an example, do you think pay money to watch others getting shot on screen?

Actually, I am pretty curious about that. If people who participated in any kind of war watch war flicks.

What confused the crap out of me is that every time I went to see a movie in America (which ended up being about four times), the audience would applause at the conclusion, as though it were a live stage performance or something... I don't understand. It caught me completely off-guard the first time I experienced it.
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat

http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:30 pm

Dinny wrote:

Actually, I am pretty curious about that. If people who participated in any kind of war watch war flicks.

What confused the crap out of me is that every time I went to see a movie in America (which ended up being about four times), the audience would applause at the conclusion, as though it were a live stage performance or something... I don't understand. It caught me completely off-guard the first time I experienced it.

Whoa, weird. I've never experienced that.
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:32 pm

lilith wrote:
Dinny wrote:

Laughing Okay, confirmed, it's a California thing.
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat

http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:45 pm

Dinny wrote:
lilith wrote:
Dinny wrote:

Laughing Okay, confirmed, it's a California thing.
I don't watch movies much, but I seen it happen before.
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:18 pm

West-coast thing, then.

You weirdos.
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. ARM Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:07 am

I don't do that.
Dr. ARM
Dr. ARM
Admin

Title : Mad Scientist
Virgo Horse

Back to top Go down

Post  StarFireSong Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:19 pm

Dinny wrote:What confused the crap out of me is that every time I went to see a movie in America (which ended up being about four times), the audience would applause at the conclusion, as though it were a live stage performance or something... I don't understand. It caught me completely off-guard the first time I experienced it.

Seen it happen. Smile Not sure why, but I've always thought it was like a thank you to the people running the projector, or to show appreciation for the movie.

StarFireSong

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:32 pm

I have seen it happen, too, but not so often, more so during the ending credits of films like Lord of the Rings 3, Matrix 3, Dark Knight, Toy Story 3 etc...all those kinda of epic films.
MKing
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down