Constellation Chamber
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hobbies and Signs

+3
PapiChuloLeon
Monty
7 posters

Go down

Hobbies and Signs Empty Hobbies and Signs

Post  Monty Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:01 am

This topic be holdin' of ye jabber of signs and particular hobbies. What hobbies or passions do you have?
The link between different signs, junk in 5th house and other bits, jah? Something I've recently found a love for is cooking, I'm a pretty bad ass chef if I say so myself. Maybe is this my pesky bitch of a Cancer Moon coming on? Jabber away 'mateys! Hobbies and Signs Icon_smile
Monty
Monty

Leo Monkey

Back to top Go down

Hobbies and Signs Empty Re: Hobbies and Signs

Post  PapiChuloLeon Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:28 am

Monty wrote:This topic be holdin' of ye jabber of signs and particular hobbies. What hobbies or passions do you have?
The link between different signs, junk in 5th house and other bits, jah? Something I've recently found a love for is cooking, I'm a pretty bad ass chef if I say so myself. Maybe is this my pesky bitch of a Cancer Moon coming on? Jabber away 'mateys! Hobbies and Signs Icon_smile
strong Pisces influence - Arts, drawing seems to be popular
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover

Back to top Go down

Post  Monty Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:43 am

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Monty wrote:This topic be holdin' of ye jabber of signs and particular hobbies. What hobbies or passions do you have?

Lucky for them there's DeviantArt (hurr, deviant)
Monty
Monty

Leo Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:08 pm

Monty wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:

Lucky for them there's DeviantArt (hurr, deviant)
We only know of common hobbies for 2 signs. Hobbies and Signs Icon_neutral
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:30 pm

I don't know the first thing about different houses and all that (I keep forgetting this is an astrology forum...lol) but my main hobbies have been drawing and building stuff. As a kid it was drawing, building model kits and riding bmx bikes for the most part. Then it went to more of the same just on a larger scale. I can design a house (have done so, in fact), clear the land (have done so), pour the concrete (done small areas, not a house), frame up the walls, put on the siding, install windows & doors, wire it up, put the roof on, put on the shingles, etc (done all that at various times), hang & finish the sheetrock, pain, lay carpet & tile, plumbing...etc. I can design the landscaping and put it in with the sprinkler systems, etc. I can build a fence, design and build ornamental iron fence and gates (done all that, too). I like being inside...if I'm surrounded by natural materials; stone, leather, wood. When I build my own house it will have a nice wood-paneled library with leather furniture. I love books.

I like to restore stuff. I like dragging an old car out of a field and making it new again. Old stuff is so much better. Simpler.

I can draw with a pencil, ink, charcoal, etc....painting never really interested me but I think I could do it. I can do rust repair and bodywork on a car and paint it...rebuild pretty much every part on it (except I don't do transmissions, replace yes, go internal, no)

I'm a fair cook. I enjoy doing it but won't say it's a hobby. I like camping and being outside. I just bought a Giant Boulder SE yesterday for myself.

All my hobbies are usually about creating (or recreating) something with my hands. I've done some artsy stuff over the years with clay.

Title : Master of All
Taurus Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:05 am

That seems about right, actually. Pisces seems to be associated with the arts, but mostly artesian crafts and painting/drawing rather than acting or music.

Athletic hobbies are traditionally associated with Aries, Sags, and Gems (apparently).

Chess is apparently a Virgo/Capricorn sport.

Leos = acting, obviously. Never met a Leo who didn't like to be in the spotlight at least just a little. Even if they were the shyer types, they still had a strong ego air (recalling a good friend of mine here).
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat

http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Monty Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:45 am

Dinny wrote:That seems about right, actually. Pisces seems to be associated with the arts, but mostly artesian crafts and painting/drawing rather than acting or music.

Athletic hobbies are traditionally associated with Aries, Sags, and Gems (apparently).

Leos = acting, obviously. Never met a Leo who didn't like to be in the spotlight at least just a little. Even if they were the shyer types, they still had a strong ego air (recalling a good friend of mine here).

Pahaha, this'll be fun. I hate acting and I'm not exactly fond of undue limelight. Don't get me wrong, I love the limelight but I hate it when it's unjustified.
Monty
Monty

Leo Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:23 pm

Monty wrote:
Dinny wrote:That seems about right, actually. Pisces seems to be associated with the arts, but mostly artesian crafts and painting/drawing rather than acting or music.

Pahaha, this'll be fun. I hate acting and I'm not exactly fond of undue limelight. Don't get me wrong, I love the limelight but I hate it when it's unjustified.

It's not even necessarily acting. Even just being on stage at all, so in your case, it'd be performing (solo or band, dunno which one you do more of). How bad is your stage fright, if we had to compare it to the average person (i.e. pretty scared but can get over it)? Hobbies and Signs Icon_lol
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat

http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Wags Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:34 pm

Actually, I know quite a few Pisceans who make great actors/musicians. Penning lyrics, in particular. Cancer boyfriend also writes songs and poems.

Dustbug, I can definitely see Taureans as creators. Working with the hands, building and crafting things. I enjoy doing these things myself, perhaps it's the moon influence. I'd actually like to get into architecture at some point in my life, as well as mapping the floor plans for houses and buildings. As a kid I used to draw floor plans for houses and then literally map them out on my own floor with popsicle sticks. Pfft, doll houses. Lol.

Arian hobbies are meh. I'm more like a Gemini. Creating is fun, but I like a variety of things to do. I sing, play keyboard (very, very poorly,) read, write, draw, go for walks, come up with ideas for things to do, day dream, etc. Whatever is new and suits the mood.
Wags
Wags

Aries Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:48 pm

I don't know about any stereotypical hobbies for Scorpios, but I do know that they tend to solely focus on that one or two. Usually very knowledgeable at their craft. It takes time to get good so scattering energy all over the damn place goes against that.
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:53 pm

Wags wrote:Actually, I know quite a few Pisceans who make great actors/musicians. Penning lyrics, in particular. Cancer boyfriend also writes songs and poems.

Dustbug, I can definitely see Taureans as creators. Working with the hands, building and crafting things. I enjoy doing these things myself, perhaps it's the moon influence. I'd actually like to get into architecture at some point in my life, as well as mapping the floor plans for houses and buildings. As a kid I used to draw floor plans for houses and then literally map them out on my own floor with popsicle sticks. Pfft, doll houses. Lol.

Arian hobbies are meh. I'm more like a Gemini. Creating is fun, but I like a variety of things to do. I sing, play keyboard (very, very poorly,) read, write, draw, go for walks, come up with ideas for things to do, day dream, etc. Whatever is new and suits the mood.

Who is this Dustbug of which you speak? Laughing I also love to sing...but am very bad at it. My family yells at me constantly for singing. I used to write a fair amount...poetry and song lyrics mostly. I play chess as well although I haven't played anyone other than my two oldest boys in years. They are 10 & 17; I can still beat them both every time.

Title : Master of All
Taurus Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Wags Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:44 pm

Pretty sure I remember a few people on here calling you by that. Sorry, was that random? I came from the old forum, and if memory serves right I actually signed on before several others who are here now. I just didn't post very often. I do remember a Dustbug there.

Hmm, so perhaps other Taurean-influenced people like a variety as well.

I don't know about any stereotypical hobbies for Scorpios, but I do know that they tend to solely focus on that one or two. Usually very knowledgeable at their craft. It takes time to get good so scattering energy all over the damn place goes against that.

Some don't even have "hobbies;" their bigger, more important goals tend to get in the way of relaxing, it would seem. One Scorp friend spends a lot of time in church, she works there and attends the sermons and activities. She's very involved. The only thing I can think of that she likes to do in her own free time (if she allows herself to have any) is take pictures. She has an eye for photography. Maybe shopping for clothes. Spending time with friends is probably the most relaxing thing she does.

But she is someone who (and she has more or less said this) does not enjoy doing something in her free time if it's not at least semi-productive. Little down time for this one. Very Scorpionc trait.
Wags
Wags

Aries Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Argent Fang Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:01 pm

Speaking from a Gemini POV, I tend to enjoy a lot of mental activities, such as reading, gaming (electronic, tabletop, board, card, etc.) and writing, but I'm willing to try anything that sounds interesting at least once. Limelight wise, being a Leo-ascendant, I can do alright in front of a crowd, (I did win first prize for performing Chantilly Lace at my high school's sock hop) but it's not something I go out of my way to do.
Argent Fang
Argent Fang

Title : Fledgling Author/Bounty Hunter
Gemini Dog

http://www.argentfangs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  CHamer Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:45 pm

Talking about Aquarius they care about environment, politics, economics and humanitarian. they are natural thinker.

CHamer

Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:36 pm

CHamer wrote:Talking about Aquarius they care about environment, politics, economics and humanitarian. they are natural thinker.
Another liberal aquarian Rolling Eyes
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down