Constellation Chamber
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Secondary Elements

+2
MKing
PapiChuloLeon
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Secondary Elements - Page 2 Empty Re: Secondary Elements

Post  PapiChuloLeon Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Dr. ARM wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:They generally associate cardinals with fire, fixed with earth, and mutable with air. hmm

On the old forum, I organized secondary elements by focusing on those qualities.

If you do that, you'll wind up dumping Earth on Scorpio and Fire on Cancer.

Are you okay with that?

On a further note, this method turns Aries into an Air secondary.
I don't use that. Scorpios are earth like to me since they are stubborn from their fixed quality. I always thought of fire as their secondary element.
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. ARM Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:16 pm

Under the Qualities method:

Aries: Air

Taurus: Water

Gemini: Water

Cancer: Fire

Leo: Earth

Virgo: Air

Libra: Fire

Scorpio: Earth

Sagittarius: Water

Capricorn: Fire

Aquarius: Earth

Pisces: Air
Dr. ARM
Dr. ARM
Admin

Title : Mad Scientist
Virgo Horse

Back to top Go down

Post  mi-cuit Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:19 pm

lilith wrote:I think I'd have to switch it to earth with Gemini and fire with Aquarius. I'm biased because of the people I know though. The Gems I know are so slow and stubborn. They know what they like and are hard to negotiate with and this is with a variety of moons. I can also see Ariens with earth, too.

I don't think that the elements have to be divided up equally. If you see four signs with earth and two with water for example, so be it. If you focus too much on perfect numbers, things will get too muddled up. Virgo is kind of a mystery anyway when it comes to ruling planets. They say they are earth, but Virgo and Capricorn have always seemed "air-y" to me and Capricorn is considered as an air sign in some systems. I might even go as far as to say every earth sign has air as its secondary element, but I'd have to think about Taurus for a while.

I second all of the above. I also agree with ARM that it just doesn't seem plausible to link Cancer with Fire and Scorpio with Fire. It's interesting to me how stubbornness is coming out to be the most recognizable characteristic of Fixed signs and has sort of been linked to Earth. I definitely agree that it's the most prominent characteristic of Taurus given that the other fixed signs continue processing instead of just digging their heels in. Taurus needs thinking otherwise it's be settled with double Earth based on the above premises.
mi-cuit
mi-cuit

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:23 pm

Dr. ARM wrote:Under the Qualities method:

I like Leo with Earth the most. They're stubborn, organized, and status seeking. Earth sign like traits.

I can see Sagi with Water since Vedic AZZtrology considers Jupiter a watery planet.

Everyone already knows what I think of Taurus.

Geminis have that multiple personality disorder and seem to shift moods fast. Water is cool.

Virgo is Air. Yup by planet they are.
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. ARM Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:25 pm

That list is what I finally settled on way back when, but it didn't seem like anyone agreed.

I'm not against Lilith's proposal to disregard equal distribution, either.
Dr. ARM
Dr. ARM
Admin

Title : Mad Scientist
Virgo Horse

Back to top Go down

Post  mi-cuit Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:31 pm

I think if we define the characteristics of every secondary element, we'll have an easier time of it.

I don't agree with Aries:Air, Cancer:Fire, and Libra:Fire. I have a hard time seeing it. Libra is rather status-seeking too.

Last edited by mi-cuit on Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
mi-cuit
mi-cuit

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:32 pm

Dr. ARM wrote:Under the Qualities method:

That looks good! I like idea of Cancers being fire, it just seem right, in my book, Now that I think about it Leo's secondary is kinda earth-like, they are the most stubborn of the fire signs, also, they have the most patience of the three, as well. Aries with air or water is passable, but, Sag as water makes no sense, I guess Sag has to be the default, like Taurus.
MKing
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:33 pm

Here is my list:

Aries - Air

Taurus - Water

Gemini - Fire

Cancer - Earth

Leo - Earth

Virgo - Air

Libra - Water

Scorpio - Fire

Sagittarius - Water

Capricorn - Fire

Aquarius - Earth

Pisces - Air

I use equal distribution.
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:44 pm

mi-cuit wrote:Libra:Fire. I have a hard time seeing it. Libra is rather status-seeking too.

Hmmm......true true. Aquarius should be fire, and Gemini/water. If Capricorn is fire, than Aquarius should be fire, as well. Those two signs are tooooo much alike, and they share a lot of traits, also, that could have something to do with them sharing Saturn Secondary Elements - Page 2 Icon_scratch I believe.
MKing
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:58 pm

MKing wrote:
mi-cuit wrote:Libra:Fire. I have a hard time seeing it. Libra is rather status-seeking too.

Hmmm......true true. Aquarius should be fire, and Gemini/water. If Capricorn is fire, than Aquarius should be fire, as well. Those two signs are tooooo much alike, and they share a lot of traits, also, that could have something to do with them sharing Saturn Secondary Elements - Page 2 Icon_scratch I believe.
AZZquarius EARTH!!!!!!!!!1111
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:20 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
MKing wrote:

Aquarius could be earth........but that would give Libra water or fire, Libra is neither one of them. So, Aquarius is fire.

Also, I know Libra is opposite to Aries, but I never really got the concept/ides of Libra being a cardinal. They are a bit indecisive/people pleaser to be a cardinal.
MKing
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:33 pm

MKing wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:
MKing wrote:

Aquarius could be earth........but that would give Libra water or fire, Libra is neither one of them. So, Aquarius is fire.

Also, I know Libra is opposite to Aries, but I never really got the concept/ides of Libra being a cardinal. They are a bit indecisive/people pleaser to be a cardinal.
The Libras I knew were sensitive kids. Seeing crap from everyone's perspective gave them that considerate feel.
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  mi-cuit Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:40 pm

MKing wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:
MKing wrote:

A fact that I've always felt but never really put into words before reading the posts Leon linked to is that Libras may give the feeling that they are compromising and taking everybody else's opinions into consideration, but when push comes to shove, they do exactly as they please and manage to drag quite a few people along. That's cardinal for you.
mi-cuit
mi-cuit

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:42 pm

mi-cuit wrote:
A fact that I've always felt but never really put into words before reading the posts Leon linked to is that Libras may give the feeling that they are compromising and taking everybody else's opinions into consideration, but when push comes to shove, they do exactly as they please and manage to drag quite a few people along. That's cardinal for you.

Very true, mi-cuit!
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat

http://reactorfire.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: