Constellation Chamber
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Birthday Wishes Thread

+8
Monty
mi-cuit
Dr. ARM
Arikus
PapiChuloLeon
StarFireSong
MKing
Dinny
12 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

The Birthday Wishes Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Birthday Wishes Thread

Post  lilith Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:48 pm

Yay for Josh! Last time I talked to him he was drinking booze 'cause he stuck in the middle of nowhere feelin' lonely. :<
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat

http://reactorfire.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:38 pm

lilith wrote:Yay for Josh! Last time I talked to him he was drinking booze 'cause he stuck in the middle of nowhere feelin' lonely. :<

I remember. I managed to talk to him recently too. He's been very up and down.

Still, you have to admit he has a pretty vibrant and interesting life.

I am constantly amused by the fact that I speak to almost everyone here off the forum now, it's like we've cut out the middle man somewhat! I don't have Papi/Tycoon though. But I do have... you, Mi-Cuit, ArgentFang, Josh, Andrew (even if he's never on), etc.

ARM/My birthday(s) are coming up. Haven't decided what we're gonna do yet. Maybe a drunken LAN party? I wanna invite ArgentFang to play TF2 with us. In fact, if anyone here can be bothered, sign up for steam (its free) and download Team Fortress 2 (it is also free now) and come play with ARM and I! Come on, you know you want a free game that's been winning critical acclaim since it's release!
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat

http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:50 pm

Dinny wrote:
lilith wrote:Yay for Josh! Last time I talked to him he was drinking booze 'cause he stuck in the middle of nowhere feelin' lonely. :<

I am constantly amused by the fact that I speak to almost everyone here off the forum now, it's like we've cut out the middle man somewhat! I don't have Papi/Tycoon though. But I do have... you, Mi-Cuit, ArgentFang, Josh, Andrew (even if he's never on), etc.

ARM/My birthday(s) are coming up. Haven't decided what we're gonna do yet. Maybe a drunken LAN party? I wanna invite ArgentFang to play TF2 with us. In fact, if anyone here can be bothered, sign up for steam (its free) and download Team Fortress 2 (it is also free now) and come play with ARM and I! Come on, you know you want a free game that's been winning critical acclaim since it's release!
Truth be told, I felt my inactivity here would force you to forget about me.

Could it be my handsome mug?

The Birthday Wishes Thread - Page 4 IMG_3990

Could it be my explicit rhymes? Maybe it is the discreet arrogance.

PS: Take a look at the t-shirts just lying their on the bed. I know you virghoes prefer things to be neat.
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:00 am

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Dinny wrote:

PS: Take a look at the t-shirts just lying their on the bed. I know you virghoes prefer things to be neat.

Aargh, and you even called attention to the shirts to spite me. You are the worst.

How could I forget you? It's not the handsome-but-could-be-better-with-long-hair mug, it's cause... well... You're unique, and you kind of have more posts than anyone else on the forum. Even the mofoing admins.
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:27 pm

Dinny wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Dinny wrote:

Aargh, and you even called attention to the shirts to spite me. You are the worst.

How could I forget you? It's not the handsome-but-could-be-better-with-long-hair mug, it's cause... well... You're unique, and you kind of have more posts than anyone else on the forum. Even the mofoing admins.
I do not like hot weather. Summer is a horrible season. Neutral
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:35 pm

Dropping by to say Happy Birthday, Dinny

Dinny, My Love, I hope you have a great one, party until you drop. bounce bounce bounce Woo Woo Woo Woo Dance Dance Dance Dance Smoking
MKing
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:53 am

MKing wrote:Dropping by to say Happy Birthday, Dinny

Dinny, My Love, I hope you have a great one, party until you drop. bounce bounce bounce Woo Woo Woo Woo Dance Dance Dance Dance Smoking

Thanks for the sentiment. It isn't a so happy birthday at all, but I'll manage.
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:57 am

Dinny wrote:

Neutral
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. ARM Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:40 pm

I was going to say something, but I've already received birthday wishes from most of you on facebook.
Dr. ARM
Dr. ARM
Admin

Title : Mad Scientist
Virgo Horse

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:40 am

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Dinny wrote:

Neutral

Yeah. It was a shit birthday. I got rejected from a bunch more absolutely lowest common denominator jobs (i.e. burger flipping, checkout chick). To provide some context, I've been sending applications out to every job available in a 30KM radius from about a year and a month ago. I've gotten so desperate over the past few months that I've begun listing my availability as "24/7", offering to work from 6PM to 6AM if I really have to. But no cigar.

My parents don't want to talk to me. They want me gone, they have for a while, but I have no means to live away from home and they're not giving me any money. No one spoke to me. They just left a reluctant fifty dollars and a blank birthday card on the kitchen table.

And the said fifty dollars, I lost anyway. I got ticketed for $40 for parking in a zone that was essentially a tyre-wrecking gravel pit, far, far away from any parking meter (the lot had none, I'd have to have walked all the way to the neighboring one, which is like a 10 minute walk and I was running late for a class anyway). No car I saw had purchased a ticket. I saw no signage indicating that a permit needed to be displayed. I have parked there before for 7+ hours without any sort of fine.

So yeah. Here I am with a reluctant ten dollars in hand. Happy birthday, me.
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:04 am

Dinny wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Dinny wrote:

Neutral

Yeah. It was a shit birthday. I got rejected from a bunch more absolutely lowest common denominator jobs (i.e. burger flipping, checkout chick). To provide some context, I've been sending applications out to every job available in a 30KM radius from about a year and a month ago. I've gotten so desperate over the past few months that I've begun listing my availability as "24/7", offering to work from 6PM to 6AM if I really have to. But no cigar.

My parents don't want to talk to me. They want me gone, they have for a while, but I have no means to live away from home and they're not giving me any money. No one spoke to me. They just left a reluctant fifty dollars and a blank birthday card on the kitchen table.

And the said fifty dollars, I lost anyway. I got ticketed for $40 for parking in a zone that was essentially a tyre-wrecking gravel pit, far, far away from any parking meter (the lot had none, I'd have to have walked all the way to the neighboring one, which is like a 10 minute walk and I was running late for a class anyway). No car I saw had purchased a ticket. I saw no signage indicating that a permit needed to be displayed. I have parked there before for 7+ hours without any sort of fine.

Are you applying for jobs in person? Have you had people look over your resume? What about at your university?

Poor dindin. <3
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat

http://reactorfire.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:23 am

Dinny wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Dinny wrote:

Neutral

Daaayyyuummm Shaking Head

It sound like you are just going through a rough patch right now, and everything seem like one train wreck after the other. There is nothing I or anybody else for that matter can say to make you feel any better, if so, all I can say is hang in there and keep your head up.

I was just about ask the same thing that lilith asked you earlier. I think it's always best to hand in your application and resume in person, so then maybe you can have a little one on one face-time with the employer, or try chatting it up a bit with someone that works in that location, so then if you are lucky, they can help you out by name dropping you to the boss. Just a few suggestions. That's All.
MKing
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:34 pm

Dinny wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Dinny wrote:

Neutral

do you still live with the arm? Neutral
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  StarFireSong Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:13 am

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MKing!! Hope you have an absolute blast! Very Happy

StarFireSong

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:20 pm

StarFireSong wrote:HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MKing!! Hope you have an absolute blast! Very Happy

Thanks My lovely Star
It's been a while since I last emailed you. I gotta start emailing you again once I get my internet together, until then I hope your enjoying the new year. Talk to you soon, Star.
MKing
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  StarFireSong Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:58 pm

Aww, MKing! Smile How's living in the new house? Got all your repairs done yet? What happened to your internet?

StarFireSong

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:12 pm

MKing wrote:
StarFireSong wrote:HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MKing!! Hope you have an absolute blast! Very Happy

Thanks My lovely Star
It's been a while since I last emailed you. I gotta start emailing you again once I get my internet together, until then I hope your enjoying the new year. Talk to you soon, Star.

Totally missed it, but I hope it was awesome and that your 2012 will be awesome too. Cool
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:20 am

StarFireSong wrote:Aww, MKing! Smile How's living in the new house? Got all your repairs done yet? What happened to your internet?

Thanks Dinny, 2012 is going great for now, and I hope the same for you too.

Star: It's going nice...better than nice actually. I been so busy (and tired) with daycare converting plans. It's such a big house, so I plan on converting it into a Elderly Daycare Center. I already have the permit taken care of, which took less than two months to get since the Zoning area of my house was dead on....now it's just getting pass these tiresome classes that I have to attend. The classes are unnecessarily long, and after the first week of class the information seem to become sooo redundant that it's ridiculous. In a way it makes perfect sense, because they want us to fill out the application correctly so we can get paid through Medicaid without any hassle. Once this is all set and stone the plan is to find someone that can help me out with a web page. It's not mandatory to have one, but I think it's important to have some type of communication, and since I have ZERO experience in that department....I'll need to find someone. So yeah, that's pretty much what I have been up to lately. As for the internet, I simply don't have it installed in my house yet, and My parents house is ten minutes away so I check out my email and everything else (or freeload Shaking Head) whenever I stop by to see them. My internet will be taken care of no later than March.

Enough about me though.....What's been up with you? The last time we talked you was also moving, as well....and how is your Grandmother doing?
MKing
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  StarFireSong Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:57 pm

Oh wow. Sounds like you've got your hands full, MKing. I've never heard of elderly daycares, so how does it work? It really does sound fascinating. Smile

We did move. Last month. The week before Christmas. The entire week was me constantly going from 1 apartment to the other to move stuff. My grandma helped, obviously, but the hauling was all me. They postponed the move several times cuz apparently the apartments they had that were running out of their leases were re-leased to the same people. (Geez, that's confusing. Razz) So it wasn't until the end of November that we FINALLY got the call. We're doing pretty good now in the new place. There's more room, for one, & for two, we each finally have our privacy. & we're taking full advantage of it. Smile My grandma's doing good. She's losing a little more of her cognitive function every day, so we're all (especially me) keeping an eye on her. We're not sure if it was the stress of the move that triggered it or what, so... If it's not the stress, then we're gonna have to call her doctor & explain what's going on. At least my dad's girlfriend has PLENTY of experience in this area, & she's been a HUGE help in prodding my dad to do what needs to be done for my grandma.

It sounds like it's getting severe, but it's not. It's mostly her putting stuff in the wrong spots (especially noticeable in the kitchen), forgetting to do little things (turn off the lights, TV, etc.) when she leaves a room, & repeating the same thing for 5 minutes straight. It only GLARES when she doesn't take a nap (especially when company's over) & she turns into a child. Y'know? Heh... So yeah... Right now, we're just biding our time.

StarFireSong

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:21 pm

StarFireSong wrote:Oh wow. Sounds like you've got your hands full, MKing. I've never heard of elderly daycares, so how does it work? It really does sound fascinating. Smile

We did move. Last month. The week before Christmas. The entire week was me constantly going from 1 apartment to the other to move stuff. My grandma helped, obviously, but the hauling was all me. They postponed the move several times cuz apparently the apartments they had that were running out of their leases were re-leased to the same people. (Geez, that's confusing. Razz) So it wasn't until the end of November that we FINALLY got the call. We're doing pretty good now in the new place. There's more room, for one, & for two, we each finally have our privacy. & we're taking full advantage of it. Smile My grandma's doing good. She's losing a little more of her cognitive function every day, so we're all (especially me) keeping an eye on her. We're not sure if it was the stress of the move that triggered it or what, so... If it's not the stress, then we're gonna have to call her doctor & explain what's going on. At least my dad's girlfriend has PLENTY of experience in this area, & she's been a HUGE help in prodding my dad to do what needs to be done for my grandma.

It sounds like it's getting severe, but it's not. It's mostly her putting stuff in the wrong spots (especially noticeable in the kitchen), forgetting to do little things (turn off the lights, TV, etc.) when she leaves a room, & repeating the same thing for 5 minutes straight. It only GLARES when she doesn't take a nap (especially when company's over) & she turns into a child. Y'know? Heh... So yeah... Right now, we're just biding our time.

It is fascinating, Star...and well it's a living. The main focus is having a tremendous amount of patience, and that's not a problem at all for me, in fact I have more patience dealing with older/mentally challenged individuals then people close around my age group. A daycare facility for elderly individuals is very similar to a childcare center with the exception of a few tweaks. It's a program to keep them active (mentally and physically) during the day, especially for those relatives that cannot afford to spend time with them from 8 til 4. That's All.

I had no idea they kept pushing the moving date back on you guys. The last time we talked about you moving was during the early summer last year, so they really kept moving the date back BIG TIME. Well, at lease the difficult part is taken care of now and everything is set up and nicely on it's way. The downside of all of this happens to be the case with your grandmother. If I am not mistaken I believe you mentioned that she was showing some small signs of the things that she is doing as of now. Do your family have a history Dementia, or something of along those lines? I am just taking stab at it, and assuming that it maybe something like that, or case of something similar. Your father's girlfriend sounds impressive. There aren't many people (especially outside family members) that would get involved with things like this, even if they are close to there BF or GF parents....so kudos to her for taking a stand.

I hope everything works out for the best in the end, Star, I know how much your grandmother means to you. Finger cross that everything turns out fine and it's just case of Aging
MKing
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  StarFireSong Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:31 pm

Oh, that's really cool. & they get to socialize with other people as well. It's very admirable, what you're planning on doing. Smile

It's not so much a family history as you kind of expect something like this to happen to the elderly. But I did have 2 of my great-grandmothers die of Alzheimer's & age-related dementia. They were both in their 80s & both had it hit them late. After it hit them, it went downhill fast. I don't know anything else about my family tree (most of the men died early on of other stuff), & the great-grandmothers were the only 2 I knew before they passed away.

Yeah, my dad's fiancee is wonderful. She's got a mentally handicapped brother & her father's had a series of strokes that've affected his speech & mobility. (They both live with her & her son. Her dad owns a 3-family house; he & the brother live together on 1 floor, & she & her son live above them. The 3rd floor is used for storage, she says.) Not to mention that she works as a job/life coach for people who have a variety of disabilities. She's got a ton of patience & is very mellow--she's a pisces--a bonus when it comes to this type of thing. & she's incredibly caring: she took a genuine interest in everyone on my dad's side the moment she knew about all of us. Smile

How are your grandparents doing?

StarFireSong

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:12 am

StarFireSong wrote:Oh, that's really cool. & they get to socialize with other people as well. It's very admirable, what you're planning on doing. Smile

It's not so much a family history as you kind of expect something like this to happen to the elderly. But I did have 2 of my great-grandmothers die of Alzheimer's & age-related dementia. They were both in their 80s & both had it hit them late. After it hit them, it went downhill fast. I don't know anything else about my family tree (most of the men died early on of other stuff), & the great-grandmothers were the only 2 I knew before they passed away.

Yeah, my dad's fiancee is wonderful. She's got a mentally handicapped brother & her father's had a series of strokes that've affected his speech & mobility. (They both live with her & her son. Her dad owns a 3-family house; he & the brother live together on 1 floor, & she & her son live above them. The 3rd floor is used for storage, she says.) Not to mention that she works as a job/life coach for people who have a variety of disabilities. She's got a ton of patience & is very mellow--she's a pisces--a bonus when it comes to this type of thing. & she's incredibly caring: she took a genuine interest in everyone on my dad's side the moment she knew about all of us. Smile

How are your grandparents doing?

Exactly. Some older people feel that they are obligated to just sit around in the house and rot away, but that shouldn't be the case for the ones that wants to hold on to their youthful spirit and get out mix and mingle. Also it's a big sigh of relief for the ones that don't have the time to care for them during normal working hours. I briefly mentioned in my report on how the plan is to at lease take them out twice a week, and that would include small trips to Walmart, Dollar stores and Museums. So wish me luck with this 44 pages application hahaha Shaking Head

Well in that case your father is incredibly lucky......being that we are in a recession and all, where can I find a woman like that? She sounds very nice and sweet, and I am not surprise that she's his fiancee. Your father is a very smart man to snatch her up before anybody does....kudos to him. In meantime I am hoping everything plays out well for your grandmother, Star

Talk to you soon
MKing
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  StarFireSong Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:49 pm

Happy birthday, Claire! Smile

StarFireSong

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:44 pm