Constellation Chamber
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Those Mercury Ruled...

5 posters

Go down

Those Mercury Ruled... Empty Those Mercury Ruled...

Post  PapiChuloLeon Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:29 pm

This is not just about gemini and virgo suns, but the influence in general when it's major. If we look hard enough we'll find everyone has self-contradictions, but why is it so common for those Mercury ruled to have trouble holding onto their own words? They don't even realize that they're blatantly being hypocrites or changing their minds on what they said like three days ago. Those Mercury Ruled... Icon_scratch
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover

Back to top Go down

Those Mercury Ruled... Empty Re: Those Mercury Ruled...

Post  MKing Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:51 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:but why is it so common for those Mercury ruled to have trouble holding onto their own words?

Hmm....Not really sure, exactly. It's a bit ironic, so to speak, being that Mercury is known for communication/words/anything verbal. As for contradictions, we all have them, but it's basically one of Geminis "supposedly" bad traits. I think that most mutable signs share the same issue, when comes to changing their mind constantly. I think it probably has something to do with how rapid their minds can get. Have you ever notice how whenever talking to mutable sign, they are able to jump off the topic, and start talking about something else. Overall, Mercury gives Geminis and Virgos, the ability to be the jack of trades and master of none.
MKing
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:14 pm

MKing wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:but why is it so common for those Mercury ruled to have trouble holding onto their own words?

Hmm....Not really sure, exactly. It's a bit ironic, so to speak, being that Mercury is known for communication/words/anything verbal. As for contradictions, we all have them, but it's basically one of Geminis "supposedly" bad traits. I think that most mutable signs share the same issue, when comes to changing their mind constantly. I think it probably has something to do with how rapid their minds can get. Have you ever notice how whenever talking to mutable sign, they are able to jump off the topic, and start talking about something else. Overall, Mercury gives Geminis and Virgos, the ability to be the jack of trades and master of none.
It's like they try to be slick by ignoring what they said five minutes ago, or they get all butt hurt about it when you force what came from their tongue back onto there. Those Mercury Ruled... Icon_scratch
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  mi-cuit Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:16 pm

I remember reading something about that in relation to Libra instead of Gemini. The argument is that their opinion is based entirely on the amount of information available and is therefore subject to change based on said information. I don't really think Libra is quite that meticulous, but the argument makes sense, I suppose.

Gemini, on the other hand, supposedly sees the various possible perspectives of every story (not that I haven't seen my fair share of the stubbornness that some Geminis can exhibit). The apparent "hypocrisy" could simply be a matter of misunderstanding. To get a clear answer from a Gemini, one would theoretically have to specify what perspective on the matter they want to take and acknowledge the fact that Gemini may play around with a point of view for a while and still refuse to settle on it (or any other one).
mi-cuit
mi-cuit

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:00 pm

MKing wrote:I think that most mutable signs share
the same issue, when comes to changing their mind constantly. I think it
probably has something to do with how rapid their minds can get.
mi-cuit wrote:Gemini may play around with a point of view for a while and still refuse to settle on it (or any other one).

Their most troubling trait. Those Mercury Ruled... Icon_neutral
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:06 am

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
mi-cuit wrote:Gemini may play around with a point of view for a while and still refuse to settle on it (or any other one).

Agreed. I honestly don't know how much I buy astrology, but my mother is the very quintessence of a Gemini (or rather, how you'd describe a Gemini Sun). She reminds me of Wiseman. In any case, she's the most indecisive person I've ever met, and her opinion about things changes daily (she will wake up some days and side with my father in every argument, and at others, side with me: who she sides with is completely inexplicable).

Air signs play devil's advocate for their own amusement, apparently. Or so my triple Libra teacher told me last year. She has enormous breasts, so she must be right.
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat

http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:25 am

Dinny wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:

Agreed. I honestly don't know how much I buy astrology, but my mother is the very quintessence of a Gemini (or rather, how you'd describe a Gemini Sun). She reminds me of Wiseman. In any case, she's the most indecisive person I've ever met, and her opinion about things changes daily (she will wake up some days and side with my father in every argument, and at others, side with me: who she sides with is completely inexplicable).

Air signs play devil's advocate for their own amusement, apparently. Or so my triple Libra teacher told me last year. She has enormous breasts, so she must be right.
Well, now we know where you got it from. Hi, girl with five different goodbye because I'm quitting the forum threads. Those Mercury Ruled... Icon_lol
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  mi-cuit Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:11 pm

Dinny wrote:She has enormous breasts, so she must be right.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAAH!
mi-cuit
mi-cuit

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:01 pm

Dinny wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:

UGH! I feel your pain......I have an Air sign parent as well.
MKing
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:15 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:Well, now we know where you got it from. Hi, girl with five different goodbye because I'm quitting the forum threads. Those Mercury Ruled... Icon_lol

To my credit, I did actually leave every time I said I would. And try three, even though I know that was just a hyperbole on your behalf. The first time I was gone more than half a year, too.
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat

http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:23 pm

Dinny wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:Well, now we know where you got it from. Hi, girl with five different goodbye because I'm quitting the forum threads. Those Mercury Ruled... Icon_lol

To my credit, I did actually leave every time I said I would. And try three, even though I know that was just a hyperbole on your behalf. The first time I was gone more than half a year, too.
http://constellationchamber.heavenforum.org/relationships-f4/the-pattern-of-ties-t50.htm

You crack me up.
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  Argent Fang Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:52 pm

Speaking as a Gemini, I can be viewed as indecisive because I like to have all of my ducks in a row before I commit myself to any point of view or any project, etc.

Changing your mind based on new information that you didn't have access to before is hardly a negative trait in my opinion. Scientists do this all the time.

I will admit to there being times when quick decision making based upon little evidence is needed, and people with a strong Mercury and a lot of mutable positions will have lots of difficulty doing this.
Argent Fang
Argent Fang

Title : Fledgling Author/Bounty Hunter
Gemini Dog

http://www.argentfangs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  mi-cuit Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am

Argent Fang wrote:Speaking as a Gemini, I can be viewed as indecisive because I like to have all of my ducks in a row before I commit myself to any point of view or any project, etc.

Changing your mind based on new information that you didn't have access to before is hardly a negative trait in my opinion. Scientists do this all the time.

I will admit to there being times when quick decision making based upon little evidence is needed, and people with a strong Mercury and a lot of mutable positions will have lots of difficulty doing this.

Amen!
mi-cuit
mi-cuit

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down