Constellation Chamber
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Restored: Real Solar Zodiac

+5
StarFireSong
lilith
mi-cuit
BeholdAstarte
Dinny
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Restored: Real Solar Zodiac Empty Restored: Real Solar Zodiac

Post  Dinny Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:33 am

HarmoniousIntuition wrote:I was looking up constellations and learned a bit about the 13th (or new 10th) constellation Ophiuchus, then ran into this Solar Zodiac thing. Here's the link:

http://www.geocities.com/astrologyconstellations/ophiuchus.htm

I want to know your thoughts. Also, does anyone know if these astrologists made up a description of someone who had a sun in Ophiuchus?

With Ophiuchus in the zodiac I am now a Virgo! Kinda like sidereal. Anyway, anyone know what their birth charts would look like with Ophuichus in it?

TycoonBack wrote:Here's a list of their traits.
# interpreter of dreams, vivid premonitions,
# attracts good luck and fruitful blessings,
# serpent holder, lofty ideals,
# a seeker of peace and harmony,
# doctor of medicine or science, natural-pathic,
# adds, increases, joins, or gathers together
# poetical, inventive nature, expanding qualities,
# seeks higher education and wisdom,
# overseer, supervisor of work,
# fame - either grand, or completely misunderstood,
# longevity, aspirations of healing the ills of man,
# architect, builder, reaches for the stars, figuratively and literally,
# tax assessor, or levys taxes,
# astrological talents, intuitive,
# large family indicated, but apt to be separated from them when young,
# the number twelve holds great significance,
# foresight and good fortune to benefit from hard times,
# has secret enemies in family or close associations,
# many jealous of this subject,
# notable father, apple of father's eye when young,
# high position in life expected [depending on aspects] highest fame and legend comes after death
# feelings of granular, wise, genius mentality,
# likes to wear clothing of vibrant colors, and plaids in particular,
# receives the favor of those in authority.
http://aquarianmysteries.com/ophiuchus2.html

It's a load of bullshit.

Stalker wrote:
Wiseman wrote:Some people say you shouldn't include Ophiuchus unless you were born after the year of 2000 because that's when the Sun started to orbit through the constellation. Is that true?

Where did you hear that? The sun has always "hit" Ophiuchus, since it's right between Scorpio and Sagittarius. With 13 signs, the 360 degree circle has to be divided by 13. All the signs get less degrees, and all the decans and duads have to be divided differently as well. Besides, the actual constellations are not even near the same size. The astronomical Scorpius-constellation is so small that it can room some other constellations up to 7 times. Astronomical Taurus, Virgo and Sagittarius, for example, are pretty big. Ophiuchus is almost the same size as astronomical Cancer and Aquarius.

Wiseman wrote:
Ophiuchus is the actual constellation which occupies the 7th through the 30th degrees of “Scorpio” in the Tropical Zodiac. Scorpius and Ophiuchus were combined into a single “sign” -Scorpio. This is why there are 12 signs in the Tropical Zodiac, the Zodiac most Western Astrologers are familiar with, rather than the 13 constellations of the Siderial Zodiac. Individuals whom are born during the first six or seven days of the traditional dates for “Scorpio” actually have their Sun in Scorpius; this means that most people who are “Scorpios” according to Western Astrology actually have their Sun in Ophiuchus, as the sun is in this constellation for 23 or 24 days of the “sign”.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=245x64566

http://demosathene.blogspot.com/search?q=ophiuchus
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat

http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Restored: Real Solar Zodiac Empty Re: Restored: Real Solar Zodiac

Post  BeholdAstarte Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:54 pm

im pretty sure id still be a libra since its known for being around the time of spring equinox. and.. im right there.
BeholdAstarte
BeholdAstarte

Libra Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:28 am

BeholdAstarte wrote:im pretty sure id still be a libra since its known for being around the time of spring equinox. and.. im right there.

Yeah, that's normal. Generally speaking, if you're smack bang in the middle of your sign, you'd be the same sign anyway. I'd still be a Virgo on Sidereal time, for example, but Dr. ARM would be a Leo. Interesting how that works.
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  mi-cuit Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:13 am

I'd be Gemini. I would have liked being a Gemini. I would not like a moon in Taurus.
mi-cuit
mi-cuit

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:23 pm

In sidereal (where the Sun "technically" was), I'd be Gem-Leo-Sag, which couldn't be any more different from Can-Vir-Cap.

Does anyone feel like their "sidereal", ever?
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat

http://reactorfire.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  StarFireSong Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:36 pm

Weird. Sideral astrology gives me a Gemini sun, Aquarius moon & Scorpio ascendant.

...Ew. Restored: Real Solar Zodiac 456458

StarFireSong

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:39 pm

StarFireSong wrote:Weird. Sideral astrology gives me a Gemini sun, Aquarius moon & Scorpio ascendant.

It isn't always the Sun sign right before as sometimes it's just booted up to somewhere near the first few days of the original sign. Did you check it?
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  StarFireSong Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:45 pm

lilith wrote:
StarFireSong wrote:Weird. Sideral astrology gives me a Gemini sun, Aquarius moon & Scorpio ascendant.

It isn't always the Sun sign right before as sometimes it's just booted up to somewhere near the first few days of the original sign. Did you check it?

Lol, that's the first thing I did, because I couldn't believe what I'd gotten. Restored: Real Solar Zodiac Icon_smile

StarFireSong

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:47 pm

I really don't know how I feel about Sideral. In Sideral I have a Sag sun, and Aqu moon, and Tau Asc. It's something about Sideral that I just can't put my finger on.....it seems a bit off. Restored: Real Solar Zodiac 501919
MKing
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:52 pm

MKing wrote:I really don't know how I feel about Sideral. In Sideral I have a Sag sun, and Aqu moon, and Tau Asc. It's something about Sideral that I just can't put my finger on.....it seems a bit off. Restored: Real Solar Zodiac 501919
Well, I don't look or act like a libra.

You can read some action in the natal chart through physical appearance. You look old man Saturn style to me.
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:56 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:Well, I don't look or act like a libra.

.....And what was your Moon and Asc?

Sideral doesn't have enough information for me to take it seriously.
MKing
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:57 pm

MKing wrote:

If it was sidereal the moon would be Capi and Asc is Cancer.
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:58 pm

I'm wondering if we can take our preconceptions of our zodiac system and apply them to our "new" signs. I'm thinking... no. For example, saying all of a sudden that StarFireSong may "fit" a moon that is cold, calculating, distant, intellectual, whatever doesn't really make any sense. In sidereal astrology, there may be completely different descriptions which may in turn depend on the planet. Also may I mention that Capricorn is considered an air sign in some systems, so maybe some of you can look up sidereal "descriptions", if they can be entirely applicable... I'll look it up when I have the time. *drives away*
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:00 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
MKing wrote:

You have so much Capi influence in the first place, if I remember correctly, so I guess it would be hard to say. In regards to my last post and with the approach I'm hesitant to take, I don't really know how well you fit Cancer or Leo. You don't immediately strike me as either one.
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:03 pm

lilith wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:
MKing wrote:

You have so much Capi influence in the first place, if I remember correctly, so I guess it would be hard to say. In regards to my last post and with the approach I'm hesitant to take, I don't really know how well you fit Cancer or Leo. You don't immediately strike me as either one.
Restored: Real Solar Zodiac Abgxsw = Restored: Real Solar Zodiac Caricature_lunaire
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:09 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
MKing wrote:

I say keep the Cappy Moon, and get rid of the Aqu one. LOL
MKing
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  mi-cuit Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:28 pm

Not to keep bringing it up or anything, but I'll take that Aqua moon if someone's giving it away. I agree with Clare. Sidereal has to have different descriptions, no? Is Gemini the sidereal Cancer, etc?
mi-cuit
mi-cuit

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:30 pm

mi-cuit wrote:Not to keep bringing it up or anything, but I'll take that Aqua moon if someone's giving it away. I agree with Clare. Sidereal has to have different descriptions, no? Is Gemini the sidereal Cancer, etc?
The guy in my avatar, killed his wife and then himself, had that. Are you sure? Restored: Real Solar Zodiac Icon_eek
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:34 pm

mi-cuit wrote:Not to keep bringing it up or anything, but I'll take that Aqua moon if someone's giving it away. I agree with Clare. Sidereal has to have different descriptions, no? Is Gemini the sidereal Cancer, etc?

Gemini moon is pretty nice, tho. PLEASE keep it, mi-cuit.
MKing
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  mi-cuit Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:41 pm

Sure, then. if you insist.
mi-cuit
mi-cuit

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Wags Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:50 pm

My only bit of input here is that if you truly believe the position of the planets at your time of birth determine(d) your personality and fate, you should be looking into sidereal more seriously. As well as the fact that Stalker mentioned- the constellations don't equal the same degrees. Aries and Scorpio are tiny! Virgo is the biggest. Consequently I think we'd have a lot more Virgos than any other sign.

I'll take the old Zodiac system, personally. While I don't really believe Aries sun to be more fitting for me than Pisces sun necessarily, I also don't really believe the planets' positions influenced my personality when I was born. I also agree that these new traits associated with Scorpius/Ophiuchus are loaded. Do they have any negative traits? Right. Adding Ophiuchus to the bunch just seems to complicate everything. 12 is a nice, symbolic number. Makes dividing numbers easier, among other things.
Wags
Wags

Aries Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:35 am

Wags wrote:Adding Ophiuchus to the bunch just seems to complicate everything. 12 is a nice, symbolic number. Makes dividing numbers easier, among other things.

I couldn't agree anymore. This is one of the major reasons why I can't take Sidereal seriously. Adding Ophiuchus just doesn't seem right, adding Ophiuchus, kinda of reminds me of the other thread with the elements, the one with Sulpher element (something like that), it just doesn't seem to fit in the puzzle. Other things that doesn't sit well with me in my Sidereal chart.......Aquas moon, the description doesn't fit me at all, and on top of that I feel that I am more Water than Fire......everything about Pisces fits me to a T (okay, maybe I am a little bias of Pisces Razz) but I honestly do feel more like a Pisces than any other sign.
MKing
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  Wags Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:18 pm

Yeah, I feel the same. And I don't know if it's because I'm just used to the original 3 main placements and have grown to like/accept them, or because the sidereal placements truly don't fit me, at least not as much as the tropical placements.

It's just weird. If astro.com calculated right, I'd still be an Aries (I remember seeing Pisces before) but with moon in Aries as well, and Taurus rising. The Aries moon is most off to me. I truly believe Taurus fits best, my tropical placement. The fact that I'm not willing to let go of that placement should say something Laughing

You don't come off as Aqua moon either (though how does anyone really "show off"' their moon sign? Still.)
Wags
Wags

Aries Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  MKing Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:41 am

Wags wrote:Yeah, I feel the same. And I don't know if it's because I'm just used to the original 3 main placements and have grown to like/accept them, or because the sidereal placements truly don't fit me, at least not as much as the tropical placements.

It's just weird. If astro.com calculated right, I'd still be an Aries (I remember seeing Pisces before) but with moon in Aries as well, and Taurus rising. The Aries moon is most off to me. I truly believe Taurus fits best, my tropical placement. The fact that I'm not willing to let go of that placement should say something Laughing

You don't come off as Aqua moon either (though how does anyone really "show off"' their moon sign? Still.)

True True....I think it's just much easier to grasp. We could also be drawn to Tropical more, because it's what we grew up with, and know so well.

I think Taurus moon fits you best, as well. I like that you come across as a level-headed Aries, sort of like my best friend (Aries sun, Taurus moon, Cap Asc). I like how you express your opinions without coming across as pushy or dominating and that's a rare thing with an Aries sun. That's also a reason why me and Aries, have been best friends/brothers since 9 grade. I think having a Taurus moon helps balance out things a bit, since Taurus just so happens to be the warmest of the earth signs.

You know what, Wags? for whatever reason....I always liked Aries moon, behind Pisces/Cancer/Taurus moon, of course. I think our moon side shines through when we are in a emotional state of mind. For me, I think it comes through whenever I am around my ex or my mother, I kinda turn into a little boy for no reason what-so-ever, or whenever I am fired up about something, my emotions just takes over and I let anybody standing in my way have it.......emotions overload.
MKing
MKing

Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:07 am

Don't have time to do a full reply, but I just wanted to say: If you view astrology seriously (if you're new age, etc), then sidereal is an issue, because it can mean that the constellation that the sun was in (and other planets too) could be different.

In sidereal, I'm still a Virgo... but Dr. ARM is a Leo. Laughing
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down