Constellation Chamber
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Restored: Critical Degrees

Go down

Restored: Critical Degrees Empty Restored: Critical Degrees

Post  Dinny Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:01 am

Stalker wrote:Okay, had to. Some of you might have heard of the so-called critical astrological degrees. Majority of astrology-inclined people (especially on our forums) doesn't. There are a lot of finesses and details to astrology, but most beginner, intermediates and even advanced astrology-nuts focus more on the big and basic things, omitting all the small pieces of info that add density to astrology. I'd like to look at different types of the so-called critical degrees in charts.

Too bad there are such few people who are actually interested in all these finesses. Crying or Very sad

[u][color=#007FFF][b]THE 0 AND 29-DEGREES:[/u][/b][/color] wrote:
[url=http://www.cafeastrology.com/criticaldegrees.html]Cafe Astrology's take on 0/29-degrees[/url] wrote:Many astrologers consider 0 and 29 degrees of any sign critical degrees as well. The 0 and 29 degrees are more crisis-oriented points, especially in predictive work.

...If a natal planet is found at 29 degrees of any sign, also known as the Anaretic degree, there can be some real issues with decision-making in that part of the personality represented by the energies of the planet. The native may evaluate and re-evaluate situations before making a move one day, and the next day, jump into the action without listening to himself or herself! For example, if Mars is at 29 degrees, the native may devise many plans of actions, worry excessively about the possible actions and different routes to take, and then execute a spontaneous action that is contrary to the decision!

[url=http://www2.bitstream.net/~bunlion/bpi/CritDeg.html]Critical Degrees at some page[/url] wrote:Beginnings and Endings of Zodiac Signs

Just as the zodiac as a whole is a cycle, each zodiac sign by itself is also a cycle. The beginnings and endings of cycles are always important, so 0 degrees and 29 degrees of each sign are critical degrees. 0 degrees represents new beginnings or unfoldings of the energy and effects related to that sign. 29 degrees represents our efforts to complete or perfect our handling of that sign's energies.

[url=http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Olympus/8784/critical.html]More on First and Last degrees[/url] wrote:Significance of the First and the Last Degree

When treating the subject of particular degrees of the Zodiac, I will also mention the first and the last degree of each particular sign. Each planet that comes into contact with these degrees can have a very strong impact, although an unstable one. Liz Greene, in one of her books (The Outer Planets and Their Cycles) remarks that within one and the same sign, its characteristics are manifested most intensively at the beginning and at the end. Particularly interesting is the last degree of each sign. We are used to think that towards the end of a sign, its influence decreases, whereas the influence of the next sign starts to manifest. Here lies the surprise - at the end, its influence gets stronger again and manifests very intensively. It is as if at the last step, the sign wanted another opportunity to show its identity before the new quality starts to dominate.

[u][color=#007FFF][b]CLASSIC CRITICAL DEGREES:[/u][/b][/color] wrote:

[url=http://www.cafeastrology.com/criticaldegrees.html]Classic Critical Degrees at Café Astrology[/url] wrote:Classic critical degrees are 0, 13, and 26 degrees of the cardinal signs (Aries, Cancer, Libra, and Capricorn); 8-9 and 21-22 degrees of fixed signs (Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, and Aquarius); and 4 and 17 degrees of mutable signs (Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, and Pisces). These are considered sensitive, and sometimes strengthening, points. If a natal planet is found in a critical degree, that planet is emphasized and assumes more power in the life of the native due to its placement.

[url=http://moonvalleyastrologer.com/special_points.htm]Critical Degrees (Aries Point Degrees/Classic Degrees) at Moonvalley Astrologer[/url] wrote:

Critical Degrees

The Critical Degrees are 0, 13, 26 of Cardinal signs (Aries, Cancer, Libra, Capricorn), 9 and 21 of Fixed signs (Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, Aquarius), 4 and 17 of Mutable signs (Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, Pisces). When a Critical Degree falls on a house cusp, it shows stress and climax. The matters of the houses ruled and occupied by a planet in one of the critical degrees is grave, serious, and climactic.

Aries Point Degrees

The true Aries Point degree is 0 Aries, however, the 0 degree of the four Cardinal signs (Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn) are all referred to as Aries Point degrees. This beginning degree of the Cardinal signs has similar connotations to the angles of a chart and is an indicator of eventful times when occupied by a planet or found on a house cusp. These points are indicative of a spectacular out rush of energies. There is frequently an involvement with the world at large. Outsiders or those who’re considered an expert in some area becomes involved in one’s personal matters. Ramifications of events often have a domino effect into each personal area of the life as represented by these four Cardinal points: personal, family, relationships and status. Those with a planet in this degree in the natal chart often have some influence in worldly affairs or at some point they come into public view. As such, the degree is also associated with fame. There is no "orb" involved. The planet must be within that opening degree of one of the four Cardinal signs, not one degree higher or lower.

[url=http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Olympus/8784/critical.html]Discussion and ancient thesises on the degrees' significance[/url] wrote:1. degree of cardinal signs - new beginning
13. degree of cardinal signs - frustration due to maladjustment
26. degree of cardinal signs - warning that plans are being overvalued before further progress is made
9. degree of fixed signs - faith in ability to overcome all obstacles and difficulties.
15. degree of fixed signs - attachment to the law of karma - possibility for an advanced soul to fulfil its destiny and to teach others
21. degree of fixed signs - agonies caused by purification of egoistic mind.
4. degree of mutable signs - overcoming all prejudices and accepting the unity with everything.
17. degree of mutable signs - rebirth through the contact with the knowledge form
unconscious mind

A personal favorite of mine, critical degrees associated with the lunar nodes:

[url=http://moonvalleyastrologer.com/special_points.htm][u][color=#007FFF][b]LUNAR NODE-DEGREES AT MOONVALLEY ASTROLOGER:[/u][/b][/color][/url] wrote:In the Degree of the Nodes refers to any planet or significant point that falls in the same degree of the lunar nodes in any sign. It must be the very same degree, not one higher or lower to come within one degree but actually in that same degree, regardless of the number of minutes. This shows a fated appointment or fateful event, possibly some sort of catastrophe.

...A planet in the degree of the nodes takes on the excitability of the North Node as well as some of the malefic influence of the South Node. The South Node is associated with a sacrifice or an obligation.

...Highly respected astrologer Ivy Jacobson says that, "Any planet or angle in the same degree as the Nodes points to a catastrophe, casualty, fatality or tragedy in a horary or natal chart, the more far-reaching when a malefic is involved."

...Examples of just a few people with planets or significant points in the degree of the Mean Nodes includes Martha Stewart (Part of Fortune), George W. Bush (Uranus), Bonny Lee Bakely (Venus), Jackie Bouvier (Ascendant/Descendant).

Lastly, just for fun, ancient degree-associations for each sign (don't take these too seriously, they are very old connotations after all):

Aries Individual Degrees
Taurus Individual Degrees
Gemini Individual Degrees
Cancer Individual Degrees
Leo Individual Degrees
Virgo Individual Degrees
Libra Individual Degrees
Scorpio Individual Degrees
Sagittarius Individual Degrees
Capricorn Individual Degrees
Aquarius Individual Degrees
Pisces Individual Degrees

Other sensitive/critical degrees:

Overview of Fixed Star-degrees and their meanings, from our "Fixed Stars"-thread

A thread on Vertex

A thread on Pars Fortunae

I have some tight conjunctions with several fixed stars, but otherwise nothing too karmic.

Wags wrote:I'll be honest, this isn't my area of interest. It's a little confusing.

However

We are used to think that towards the end of a sign, its influence decreases, whereas the influence of the next sign starts to manifest. Here lies the surprise - at the end, its influence gets stronger again and manifests very intensively. It is as if at the last step, the sign wanted another opportunity to show its identity before the new quality starts to dominate.

I find that bit very interesting. I used to think it would morph into the other sign as well... why does it influence it more at the end?

Stalker wrote:
I wish they'd elaborate on that as well.

Also, how exactly can one determine whether the sign-energy is whole/strong or not? People who believe in cusps, must in that case think that the most vital and prominent energy of a sign are approx within 10-25 degrees, but that's in my opinion retarded, since I don't believe in several-degree-cusps. Cusp is the exact day/night one sign ends and the other begins, period. Also, had that been correct, it would make no sense for the Decans to be the way they are. First Decan is always the dignified/own Decan, and that makes a sign doublesign in own dignity.

Then there are those who believe that sign-influence starts out strong and gradually decreases. Personally, I think it's a bit more reliable than the idea above, but it's still sort of vague to assume that. You start out in a sign, the dignified decan, and dignified duad, and slowly move forward with influences that wash out the "purity". I don't think the ENERGY of a sign decreases, or the strength, but that "purity" does. Taurus Decan of Taurus, then Virgo Decan of Taurus putting a new overtone on the Taurus, then Capricorn Decan of Taurus, blah blah blah words words words words, period.

I'm not sure what to believe myself, but I don't think that sign energy decreases at all. I think it washes out or "evolved" throughout the degrees, but I don't think it becomes weaker or gradually turns into the next sign, as if there were some sort of smooth interlude. I don't believe in that at the moment.
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat

http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum