"Fighting Never Solves Anything"

Go down

"Fighting Never Solves Anything" Empty "Fighting Never Solves Anything"

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:45 pm

Was this phrase coined by someone who never won a fight or had a weak AZZ MARS in their chart? MARS is about fighting, combat, warfare, competition, and VICTORY!!!!!!!!!11
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover
Posts : 660
Points : 4540
Location : Seattle

Back to top Go down

"Fighting Never Solves Anything" Empty Re: "Fighting Never Solves Anything"

Post  Argent Fang on Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:01 am

PapiChuloLeon wrote:Was this phrase coined by someone who never won a fight or had a weak AZZ MARS in their chart? MARS is about fighting, combat, warfare, competition, and VICTORY!!!!!!!!!11

I don't think anyone is surprised to hear you say something like this.

Fighting each other may very well be part of our genetic nature, especially when people on one or both sides have no idea how to properly use diplomacy or compromise. While I'm no fan of needless fighting, I still understand that sometimes brute force is the only thing some people understand.
Argent Fang
Argent Fang

Title : Fledgling Author/Bounty Hunter
Gemini Dog
Posts : 141
Points : 3607
Age : 37
Location : Redneck Land

http://www.argentfangs.net

Back to top Go down

"Fighting Never Solves Anything" Empty Re: "Fighting Never Solves Anything"

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:45 am

Argent Fang wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:Was this phrase coined by someone who never won a fight or had a weak AZZ MARS in their chart? MARS is about fighting, combat, warfare, competition, and VICTORY!!!!!!!!!11

I don't think anyone is surprised to hear you say something like this.

Fighting each other may very well be part of our genetic nature, especially when people on one or both sides have no idea how to properly use diplomacy or compromise. While I'm no fan of needless fighting, I still understand that sometimes brute force is the only thing some people understand.
I'm not the only one. Even "refined" people like politicians will make a war happen if things aren't going their way.
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover
Posts : 660
Points : 4540
Location : Seattle

Back to top Go down

"Fighting Never Solves Anything" Empty Re: "Fighting Never Solves Anything"

Post  lilith on Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:56 am

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Argent Fang wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:Was this phrase coined by someone who never won a fight or had a weak AZZ MARS in their chart? MARS is about fighting, combat, warfare, competition, and VICTORY!!!!!!!!!11

I don't think anyone is surprised to hear you say something like this.

Fighting each other may very well be part of our genetic nature, especially when people on one or both sides have no idea how to properly use diplomacy or compromise. While I'm no fan of needless fighting, I still understand that sometimes brute force is the only thing some people understand.
I'm not the only one. Even "refined" people like politicians will make a war happen if things aren't going their way.

The fact that there are politicians who prefer war in some cases isn't too much of a persuasive argument for war.
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat
Posts : 289
Points : 3869
Age : 32
Location : Canada

http://reactorfire.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

"Fighting Never Solves Anything" Empty Re: "Fighting Never Solves Anything"

Post  Dinny on Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:54 pm

Undecided on this. Tipping in favor of "No" because I'm having a hard time recalling when a conflict ended up resolving something (either on a grand scale such as wars or watching the social interactions around me), but then again, sometimes self-defense is required. Self-defense can get pretty violent, but it's justified -- and often necessary.

_________________
You entered Ayase Manor. Room topic is: Pain is Temporary, Pride is Forever.

ˎ͓͜٨͓ˏ Darden Evageline.: As you said before, 'girls become bored'.

Dr. ARM: Not of me. <3

Dr. ARM has been kicked by Kira Ayase.
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat
Posts : 502
Points : 4265
Age : 28
Location : Dr. ARM's Laboratory

http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

"Fighting Never Solves Anything" Empty Re: "Fighting Never Solves Anything"

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:46 pm

Dinny wrote:Undecided on this. Tipping in favor of "No" because I'm having a hard time recalling when a conflict ended up resolving something (either on a grand scale such as wars or watching the social interactions around me), but then again, sometimes self-defense is required. Self-defense can get pretty violent, but it's justified -- and often necessary.
How America came to be.

There's so much trash out there about anti-violence, but even the leaders of the world end up using it as a final answer.
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover
Posts : 660
Points : 4540
Location : Seattle

Back to top Go down

"Fighting Never Solves Anything" Empty Re: "Fighting Never Solves Anything"

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:50 pm

lilith wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Argent Fang wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:Was this phrase coined by someone who never won a fight or had a weak AZZ MARS in their chart? MARS is about fighting, combat, warfare, competition, and VICTORY!!!!!!!!!11

I don't think anyone is surprised to hear you say something like this.

Fighting each other may very well be part of our genetic nature, especially when people on one or both sides have no idea how to properly use diplomacy or compromise. While I'm no fan of needless fighting, I still understand that sometimes brute force is the only thing some people understand.
I'm not the only one. Even "refined" people like politicians will make a war happen if things aren't going their way.

The fact that there are politicians who prefer war in some cases isn't too much of a persuasive argument for war.
There's no persuasion needed. War happens whether people want it or don't want it.
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover
Posts : 660
Points : 4540
Location : Seattle

Back to top Go down

"Fighting Never Solves Anything" Empty Re: "Fighting Never Solves Anything"

Post  Wags on Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:35 pm

Argent Fang wrote:Fighting each other may very well be part of our genetic nature, especially when people on one or both sides have no idea how to properly use diplomacy or compromise. While I'm no fan of needless fighting, I still understand that sometimes brute force is the only thing some people understand.

Yet those who know how to compromise can't do much as those who only know brute force go off waging wars with each other. War is far too easy a way to demonstrate power and potential. Far too easy.

I think war solves some issues, but I'm hard pressed to say it's the ultimate solution. I'm sure some of us heard that North Korea shot off bombs at South Korea a few days ago (actually, think it was the 23rd) because of threats from both sides. Not sure of the specific reasons for threats, and don't care anyway. Their civil war in earlier history apparently didn't solve much, if anything. In contrast, some countries would not be as well off were it not for war. Something had to give in order for change to take its course.

In terms of present history and beyond, I don't think war is necessary. My flaw in saying this though is when the situation arises where country A, for whatever reason, decides to initiate a strike on Country B. When your countrymen are being killed, what else can you resort to?

In reality though, chances are that Country A did something to tick off Country B, intentionally or not, to cause Country B to retaliate using violence.

Perhaps this may be taboo to some, but 9-11 is a prime example of this. I don't in any way support what the terrorists did to our country. But the Bush family's involvement with the Bin Laden family wasn't of no consequence. I doubt it was caused purely by religious differences (a main factor, for sure). Regardless, I never care who started it. It becomes irrelevant in many cases, because both sides act like children trying place blame on the other.

If we always answer to ''first'' strikes by means of war, we may end up creating more enemies than allies, more hatred and grudges than sympathy and peace. Perhaps we need to change and start thinking up better alternatives, or history will indeed travel in violent circles. Just because ''it happens'', doesn't mean we have to sit around and let it.
Wags
Wags

Aries Goat
Posts : 67
Points : 3578
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

"Fighting Never Solves Anything" Empty Re: "Fighting Never Solves Anything"

Post  lilith on Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:10 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
lilith wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:
Argent Fang wrote:
PapiChuloLeon wrote:Was this phrase coined by someone who never won a fight or had a weak AZZ MARS in their chart? MARS is about fighting, combat, warfare, competition, and VICTORY!!!!!!!!!11

I don't think anyone is surprised to hear you say something like this.

Fighting each other may very well be part of our genetic nature, especially when people on one or both sides have no idea how to properly use diplomacy or compromise. While I'm no fan of needless fighting, I still understand that sometimes brute force is the only thing some people understand.
I'm not the only one. Even "refined" people like politicians will make a war happen if things aren't going their way.

The fact that there are politicians who prefer war in some cases isn't too much of a persuasive argument for war.
There's no persuasion needed. War happens whether people want it or don't want it.

I don't think you really understood what I meant. I pointed out that just because politicians are sometimes for it, that one particular observation is not a good enough reason to convince someone that war is justified. Just because a "big guy" believes in it, so should we? "EVEN 'refined' people"? What does that even mean? You're justifying it by saying the big guys go for it. What about your personal beliefs instead? You should be questioning politicians anyway (and not just about decisions with war). It should come down to something deeper than that. Somewhat related, I've always thought governments and states were never meant to be so big, but I don't have the energy to go into that right now because that could turn into a huge philosophical discussion.

Dinny said: I'm having a hard time recalling when a conflict ended up resolving something (either on a grand scale such as wars blahblah

You said: How America came to be

Neither of these statements make sense to me, as I don't know what "a conflict resolving something such as a war" is, even if it might not happen.
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat
Posts : 289
Points : 3869
Age : 32
Location : Canada

http://reactorfire.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

"Fighting Never Solves Anything" Empty Re: "Fighting Never Solves Anything"

Post  lilith on Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:18 pm

Wags said:
Perhaps we need to change and start thinking up better alternatives, or history will indeed travel in violent circles. Just because ''it happens'', doesn't mean we have to sit around and let it.

Indeed. Leaders are using civilians as pawns in their own disputes and grudges with other leaders while convincing us that it is patriotic to stand up for them.
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat
Posts : 289
Points : 3869
Age : 32
Location : Canada

http://reactorfire.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

"Fighting Never Solves Anything" Empty Re: "Fighting Never Solves Anything"

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:17 pm

lilith wrote:"EVEN 'refined' people"? What does that even mean? You're justifying it by saying the big guys go for it.
Your little friend was implying something about me, only people similar to me know war can solve things.
Argent Fang wrote:I don't think anyone is surprised to hear you say something like this.
I used politicians as an example because they are very different compared to me, but even they know war can solve problems.

lilith wrote:Dinny said: I'm having a hard time recalling when a conflict ended up resolving something (either on a grand scale such as wars blahblah

You said: How America came to be

Neither of these statements make sense to me, as I don't know what "a conflict resolving something such as a war" is, even if it might not happen.
Do I really have to break down this bullshit?

Had America not beat down the brits, the American nation wouldn't even be here right now. That's one example.
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover
Posts : 660
Points : 4540
Location : Seattle

Back to top Go down

"Fighting Never Solves Anything" Empty Re: "Fighting Never Solves Anything"

Post  lilith on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:27 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
lilith wrote:"EVEN 'refined' people"? What does that even mean? You're justifying it by saying the big guys go for it.
Your little friend was implying something about me, only people similar to me know war can solve things.
Argent Fang wrote:I don't think anyone is surprised to hear you say something like this.
I used politicians as an example because they are very different compared to me, but even they know war can solve problems.

lilith wrote:Dinny said: I'm having a hard time recalling when a conflict ended up resolving something (either on a grand scale such as wars blahblah

You said: How America came to be

Neither of these statements make sense to me, as I don't know what "a conflict resolving something such as a war" is, even if it might not happen.
Do I really have to break down this bullshit?

Had America not beat down the brits, the American nation wouldn't even be here right now. That's one example.

What's your overall point with all of this?

Also, I didn't see anyone imply anything about you.
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat
Posts : 289
Points : 3869
Age : 32
Location : Canada

http://reactorfire.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

"Fighting Never Solves Anything" Empty Re: "Fighting Never Solves Anything"

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:52 pm

lilith wrote:What's your overall point with all of this?
Read the first post. Does the strength of Mars in natal charts affect peoples behavior, attitudes, etc towards Martian fields? I made the post here because no one even posts in the AZZtrology sections.

lilith wrote:Also, I didn't see anyone imply anything about you.
I did.
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover
Posts : 660
Points : 4540
Location : Seattle

Back to top Go down

"Fighting Never Solves Anything" Empty Re: "Fighting Never Solves Anything"

Post  lilith on Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:00 pm

PapiChuloLeon wrote:
lilith wrote:What's your overall point with all of this?
Read the first post. Does the strength of Mars in natal charts affect peoples behavior, a ttitudes, etc towards Martian fields? I made the post here because no one even posts in the AZZtrology sections.

lilith wrote:Also, I didn't see anyone imply anything about you.
I did.

See, that is a much better way of saying things than whatever the heck you were saying in the first post.

2nd part: I lost you somewhere, but I don't think it's that important.
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat
Posts : 289
Points : 3869
Age : 32
Location : Canada

http://reactorfire.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

"Fighting Never Solves Anything" Empty Re: "Fighting Never Solves Anything"

Post  Wags on Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:52 pm

Define a "weak" placement for Mars?

I've got Mars in Cancer, a sign that seems to oppose everything that the planet stands for. Taken from cafeastrology, "They prefer to handle situations peacefully and humanely," which basically sums up Cancer-ruled Mars people. Fits me pretty well. Make peace/love, not war.

I'd imagine the kind of person who coined "Fighting never solves anything" had Libra or Pisces in Mars. Maybe Cancer. Though it's just as possible that they had Mars in Aries.
Wags
Wags

Aries Goat
Posts : 67
Points : 3578
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

"Fighting Never Solves Anything" Empty Re: "Fighting Never Solves Anything"

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:39 pm

Wags wrote:Define a "weak" placement for Mars?

I've got Mars in Cancer, a sign that seems to oppose everything that the planet stands for. Taken from cafeastrology, "They prefer to handle situations peacefully and humanely," which basically sums up Cancer-ruled Mars people. Fits me pretty well. Make peace/love, not war.

I'd imagine the kind of person who coined "Fighting never solves anything" had Libra or Pisces in Mars. Maybe Cancer. Though it's just as possible that they had Mars in Aries.
I would go with Pisces. Pisces are known for universal love and forgiveness. This makes them a very good place for Venus to be, but this kind of expression is goofy for Mars.

The Cancer influence isn't uncommon for people who are good at violence.

Weak as in aspects that don't make Mars happy, being in a sign that doesn't relate well to the Mars philosophy, being in a planet that Mars doesn't care much for, and possibly even a lack of angularity.
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover
Posts : 660
Points : 4540
Location : Seattle

Back to top Go down

"Fighting Never Solves Anything" Empty Re: "Fighting Never Solves Anything"

Post  Wags on Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:00 pm

Okay, that makes sense. Probably could apply that logic and say any yin-like sign, aside from Scorpio, would be at odds with Martian influence. Bit of a picky planet.

The Cancer influence isn't uncommon for people who are good at violence.

Well that's a bit disconcerting if true.

I don't know about other Mars-Cancer people, but I move the bug outside the house if I can avoid smashing it with a shoe, so...
Wags
Wags

Aries Goat
Posts : 67
Points : 3578
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

"Fighting Never Solves Anything" Empty Re: "Fighting Never Solves Anything"

Post  PapiChuloLeon on Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:04 pm

Wags wrote:Okay, that makes sense. Probably could apply that logic and say any yin-like sign, aside from Scorpio, would be at odds with Martian influence. Bit of a picky planet.

The Cancer influence isn't uncommon for people who are good at violence.

Well that's a bit disconcerting if true.

I don't know about other Mars-Cancer people, but I move the bug outside the house if I can avoid smashing it with a shoe, so...
I avoid stepping on worms. I remember this girl throwing a worm at me back in elementary school. I slapped her for being stupid.
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover
Posts : 660
Points : 4540
Location : Seattle

Back to top Go down

"Fighting Never Solves Anything" Empty Re: "Fighting Never Solves Anything"

Post  lilith on Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:38 pm

Wags wrote:Okay, that makes sense. Probably could apply that logic and say any yin-like sign, aside from Scorpio, would be at odds with Martian influence. Bit of a picky planet.

The Cancer influence isn't uncommon for people who are good at violence.

Well that's a bit disconcerting if true.

I don't know about other Mars-Cancer people, but I move the bug outside the house if I can avoid smashing it with a shoe, so...

So do I, unless it's a cockroach. :3
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat
Posts : 289
Points : 3869
Age : 32
Location : Canada

http://reactorfire.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

"Fighting Never Solves Anything" Empty Re: "Fighting Never Solves Anything"

Post  Wags on Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:22 pm

Laughing Ick, cockroaches are difficult (and frankly they look gross after stepping on them). We had traps set up for them for a while and with the addition of riddex, we really haven't gotten any in recent time. Like I said, I'll get them out of the house the nice way if I can.

... I'm sorry this derailed into a topic about bugs.

PapiChuloLeon wrote:I avoid stepping on worms. I remember this girl throwing a worm at me back in elementary school. I slapped her for being stupid.

Well I hope she didn't throw worms at you or anybody else ever again.
Wags
Wags

Aries Goat
Posts : 67
Points : 3578
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

"Fighting Never Solves Anything" Empty Re: "Fighting Never Solves Anything"

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum