Constellation Chamber
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook

+3
mi-cuit
Dinny
Argent Fang
7 posters

Go down

Facebook Empty Facebook

Post  Argent Fang Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:56 pm

Don't know how many of you use this social networking site, but I got sucked into it when I moved down to SC last year. Curious to see how many of you use it.

Also, semi-related, my blog: Argent Fangs

I really only use it to talk about updates on my projects, stuff I'm reading/playing, etc. but if you're so inclined, give it a look.
Argent Fang
Argent Fang

Title : Fledgling Author/Bounty Hunter
Gemini Dog

http://www.argentfangs.net

Back to top Go down

Facebook Empty Re: Facebook

Post  Dinny Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:57 am

Argent Fang wrote:Don't know how many of you use this social networking site, but I got sucked into it when I moved down to SC last year. Curious to see how many of you use it.

Also, semi-related, my blog: Argent Fangs

I really only use it to talk about updates on my projects, stuff I'm reading/playing, etc. but if you're so inclined, give it a look.

I'm interested, so I'll probably follow it when I remember. I use it, and I have Dr. ARM, Josh and Mi-Cuit all added. I used to have Clare/Lilith but either she removed me or I removed her, I don't remember (I sometimes get careless in the cleanup of my friend's list and accidentally prune people I still want).

Mine is: https://www.facebook.com/DinnyDimanche , feel absolutely free to add.

Edit: You play starcraft? Wow. Congrats on having a computer that can handle it. Laughing

Fallout 3 is my heroin. I've finished the main quest, every sidequest, hit the level cap and am now close to visiting (and exploring) every single area in the game.

I'll be done just in time for Fallout: New Vegas! Wheeee! Whoooo! You guys won't get to see me for weeeeks!

Oh... and Dr. ARM and I are fucking around on Minecraft too. That seems like something you might toy with.
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Title : Edible
Virgo Goat

http://dark-insane-ninja.atspace.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Argent Fang Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:22 pm

The funny thing was when I was about to install Starcraft 2, the installer was all "Your computer may not have the system requirements for this game," like they're trying to talk trash about my PC or something. So I go whatever and install it anyway and it runs with no issues whatsoever. Take that installer, don't tell me what I can and can't run!

I've been meaning to check out Fallout 3, it looks like a lot of fun considering how much I liked the first one when it came out over a decade ago.
Argent Fang
Argent Fang

Gemini Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:16 pm

Argent Fang wrote:The funny thing was when I was about to install Starcraft 2, the installer was all "Your computer may not have the system requirements for this game," like they're trying to talk trash about my PC or something. So I go whatever and install it anyway and it runs with no issues whatsoever. Take that installer, don't tell me what I can and can't run!

I've been meaning to check out Fallout 3, it looks like a lot of fun considering how much I liked the first one when it came out over a decade ago.

Laughing

Oh yeah, for sure. And I bet you could get Fallout 3 for super cheap now that the next installment is just around the corner. It's seriously one of the best games I've ever played. It plays similarly to Oblivion as you've probably gathered since it's the same company using the same engine (FPS with an exp/levelling system), but I enjoyed it far more. The main story and the side stories you find while exploring are truly marvelous. And the black humor in the game is incredible.

And my Fallout 3 is modded to all hell, including some mods I made from scratch, from the ground-up! A few screenshots.

My character in her usual outfit.
Facebook ScreenShot3

My character having a fun time in The Pitt.
Facebook ScreenShot6

My own mod - a follower/helper character of Dr. ARM. He uses energy-based weapons at ranged, or a chainsaw knife at melee. (Uncanny resemblance, amirite?)
Facebook ScreenShot10
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Argent Fang Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:48 pm

Looks like a highly customizable game, something that I really look for in a Western RPG. I played Oblivion to an extent, so the learning curve shouldn't be that bad when I do get around to getting it.
Argent Fang
Argent Fang

Gemini Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  mi-cuit Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:11 am

Yowza! That looks like a cool game. How long did those mods take dinny? they look obscenely detailed.
mi-cuit
mi-cuit

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:09 am

mi-cuit wrote:Yowza! That looks like a cool game. How long did those mods take dinny? they look obscenely detailed.

It's a very cool game. Very good for giving you the chills in terms of it's story/side stories, and the atmosphere of some of the places you visit is just downright eerie. I could list, but basically anywhere with raiders is pretty grotesque: body parts and organs are basically thrown around rooms as decoration, hung from the ceiling, stuffed into bags (which you can open and sometimes find stuff inside, apart from someone's intestines), etc.

Most of the mods are not mine, they're just downloaded. The only mod that's exclusively mine is Dr. ARM, and once I finally figured out how to do it, it didn't take too long. As far as his appearance goes, I grabbed Harkness' preset (a character), modified it to look just like ARM, changed hair color, eye color, gave him the lab coat outfit, etc.

The AI was probably the second longest part, because sometimes when I'd give him the instruction to wait, he would remain indefinitely, even when I called him again. Also his aggression level was a bit out of hand, if he detected an enemy, he would run very, very far to kill it, and then get lost and not be able to find me again... Laughing

So to counter it, I installed the scrip extender and made it that he'd run back to me if our characters became too seperated. However, he still manages to get lost sometimes.

He's unkillable because it would suck if he died as followers often do. To make it so that he isn't too overpowered, his HP is lower than normal. Instead of dying when his HP reaches 0, he gets knocked unconscious, and he'll get up after about two minutes of being out.

The longest part of him was doing the voice. I had to go through the voice libraries for all of the characters in the game and work out which one sounded most like ARM, and then add every single bit of dialogue manually. Christ.

I should upload a short video of us in action, or something.

If you get the game (this goes for anyone) I can make mods for you, or show you how to make em.
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  mi-cuit Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:24 am

It seems to have turned out great. Thanks for the mod offer. I will definitely take you up on it if/when I get the game. Speaking of eerie, I recently played out a relatively old game called Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines. There's a vampire clan whose special ability allows them to mold flesh and bone. I get locked in a house that's actually made up of flesh and entrails and blood. Ick.
mi-cuit
mi-cuit

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:34 pm

Yeah, I'm on fb.

Title : Master of All
Taurus Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:24 am

You guys already got me into Guild Wars, and now that I'm starting a new semester, I REFUSE to even look at those screenshots (okay... I'll probably play that one next). I lol'd so hard at The Pitt picture.
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat

http://reactorfire.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PapiChuloLeon Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:52 am

lilith wrote:You guys already got me into Guild Wars, and now that I'm starting a new semester, I REFUSE to even look at those screenshots (okay... I'll probably play that one next). I lol'd so hard at The Pitt picture.
Shocked
PapiChuloLeon
PapiChuloLeon

Title : Cat Lover

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:43 pm

Do you guys still play? I haven't been on a couple of months, wah.
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. ARM Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:15 pm

We do every once in a while, but we've never had a chance to play with you! We're planning on playing the next time we have a chance. Do you think you'll be getting GW2? You hopped onto the GW1 bandwagon pretty late, there.
Dr. ARM
Dr. ARM
Admin

Title : Mad Scientist
Virgo Horse

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:29 pm

I can definitely see GW2 in the future. In GW1, I was playing in the "nice" beginner world for a while even though I wasn't advancing very much (I think I left at level three and you told me I should have been at 10). So I started over. Then I was busy playing around with all the different secondary occupations so I've been running around by myself attacking things with different weapons and leveling up and doing all the trivial side tasks and bothering people and running away. I'm starting up again tomorrow! edit: Give me about a week to be at a decent level and I'll come terrorize you guys when you plan to meet up.

When is GW2 coming out?
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinny Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:21 pm

lilith wrote:I can definitely see GW2 in the future. In GW1, I was playing in the "nice" beginner world for a while even though I wasn't advancing very much (I think I left at level three and you told me I should have been at 10). So I started over. Then I was busy playing around with all the different secondary occupations so I've been running around by myself attacking things with different weapons and leveling up and doing all the trivial side tasks and bothering people and running away. I'm starting up again tomorrow! edit: Give me about a week to be at a decent level and I'll come terrorize you guys when you plan to meet up.

When is GW2 coming out?

GW2 is a long way on the horizon, but it promises to be one of the best MMORPGs ever, more or less, since they're striving for once to amend all of the problems that have never bee addressed by other online games, who simply copied the format of the last big game on the basis of popularity. It's not coming out til late next year so you have plenty of time.

xD You sound like you'd be fun to play with, we'll definitely take you up on that offer, just post here whenever you're ready I s'pose.

Depending on what campaign you're doing, you'll level at different rates. If you're starting your character in Prophecies (the only way to get a caucasian-looking character), as I am pretty sure you are, you'll level at a snails pace. Factions (the asian-themed one) is outrageously fast. Nightfall (the african-themed one) is somewhere in between the two.

In terms of teaming up, there are a lot of options. If you wanted, ARM and I could powerlevel you (by coming and doing your lower level quests with us at max level), but if you'd prefer for us to meet up when you hit 20 or close to 20, that's cool too.
Dinny
Dinny
Admin

Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Argent Fang Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:03 am

This has turned into a GW thread it seems...eh, whatever.

I've never played the game myself though I've heard that it has a lot in common with WoW. I've also heard that an account is free so long as you've purchased the software, so it might be another one of those games I check out even though it's late into the game. (To be fair, starting up an MMO later in its inception isn't always a bad thing, especially if the next big thing is around the corner)

As far as GW2 goes, let's just hope it doesn't suffer the same fate as EQ2. I think it would be more beneficial for them to just re-vamp their current game instead of making a new one, but maybe it's just easier to do that than to go through the original code. I've been playing this genre of game since UO was popular and trust me, no other game will be able to top the level of epic of bringing someone back to life with a band-aid.
Argent Fang
Argent Fang

Gemini Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. ARM Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:19 am

GW2 is actually contains a sequel to the in-game story many centuries after the original (which means the world has been completely altered since). On top of that, they're completely redoing their class/skill system and movement controls, adding a much-needed Z-axis to the game (in the original, you couldn't jump) and four new races to choose from. With all these changes a new game was unavoidable, but at least they allow you to reserve your character names and reward you for your previous in-game achievements/exclusives.

I highly doubt GW2 will fall by the wayside like EQ2 did, considering it's not even a subscription game. I'm not too sure if it'll inspire as much hype as the original GW did when it first came out, though.

Also, UO is epic. Too bad Darkfall didn't live up to it.
Dr. ARM
Dr. ARM
Admin

Title : Mad Scientist
Virgo Horse

Back to top Go down

Post  lilith Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:05 am

Haven't even started on the other two ... places yet. I'm still in Prophecies. @dindin, I'll probably be leveling up near to 20 first (we'll see how long it takes). GW2 sounds awesome, especially with the jumping. I remember in Zelda: OoT, it was like an automatic jump when you reached a cliff or surface, so I hope there's more control in it in this game.
lilith
lilith

Cancer Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Argent Fang Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:44 pm

lilith wrote:Haven't even started on the other two ... places yet. I'm still in Prophecies. @dindin, I'll probably be leveling up near to 20 first (we'll see how long it takes). GW2 sounds awesome, especially with the jumping. I remember in Zelda: OoT, it was like an automatic jump when you reached a cliff or surface, so I hope there's more control in it in this game.

They'll probably assign jumping to the spacebar by default or something like they do in WoW or Warhammer Online. The inclusion of z-axis movement will also allow for things like flying in the game, whether it be through a mount or a spell.
Argent Fang
Argent Fang

Gemini Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum